Ebay Sellers

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I live in SD.

Items were some professional equipment that nobody needs in DR, with price range from 200 to 1000 USD. Smallest box was 2 pounds, biggest one was 25 pounds. Sold one item to UK, others to US and Canada, all left DR next day after shipping them, tracking works fine, one sent to UK was delivered with Parcel Force, and in US they delivered by USPS and in Canada by Canada Post, all signature required on delivery.
Thanks. Good to know.

Glenn Burke

Sep 12, 2023
Santo Domingo
Forget about it !!!! No way on earth that he can compete with US or Canada Sellers. If the Shipping cost want kill him than the negetive feedbacks will because costumers have to wait forever to receive their purchases.
From 8 packages I have sent with EMS from INPOSDOM, It took 6-7 days to US, 7-9 days to Canada, the one I have sent to UK was delivered in 10 days and the longest time was to US APO, AP military address in JAPAN, it took 11 days. Not bad at all.

Of course, I did not try to compete with anybody, I just sold the stuff that I don't need anymore :)

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
From 8 packages I have sent with EMS from INPOSDOM, It took 6-7 days to US, 7-9 days to Canada, the one I have sent to UK was delivered in 10 days and the longest time was to US APO, AP military address in JAPAN, it took 11 days. Not bad at all.

Of course, I did not try to compete with anybody, I just sold the stuff that I don't need anymore :)
How much did it cost?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

EMS prices:

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
Nobody has ever figured out a good, reliable, cheap, and efficient way to send items out of the DR.
641dd1694de07e6ca4666abb_Iron%20Triangle%20CS%20Unnat%20Bak.png

Pick two.

Alexander

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Glenn Burke

Sep 12, 2023
Santo Domingo
How much did it cost?
They have all info (prices, list of destination countries, etc) on their website. They also answer any questions on the phone. One of the ladies working there gave me her whatsapp number when I asked a question that she could not answer without talking to her supervisor who was not there at the moment, so I wrote to her later and got the answer. Very nice.

There's a lot of people commenting here but it's obvious that none of them ever tried to use this service. So they just repeat that there's no reliable postal service to send things out of DR. But actually this EMS service is a reliable service, and if I need to ship something else again, I'll ship it with them instead of DHL/FedEx/UPS for sure. They charge by weight only no matter what is the package size. I have seen packages that big in their office that I have never seen in any other postal office anywhere. I asked them can I send the box if its size is like a big fridge? No problem as long it's not more than 30 kilograms. So if you have to send something that requires a lot of packaging material (foam, bubble wrap, whatever) and it makes the package extremely big, no problem, they accept it.

Another good point with INPOSDOM/EMS is that they check the package contents in front of you. You show/explain what's inside to DNCD/customs agent there (who are actually very nice and friendly people, as well as all other people working there), they put a stamp that the package is inspected, and then you take your time to finally close it, seal it with tape, put the label on, etc, and nobody else opens it after that, because customs inspection is already done in front of you.

I'm not sure how it works from other INPOSDOM locations across the country, but it's not my problem really. Maybe in some in-the-middle-of-nowhere shItholes where many expats live, it will not work that good, but who cares. In Santo Domingo it works perfect.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
They have all info (prices, list of destination countries, etc) on their website. They also answer any questions on the phone. One of the ladies working there gave me her whatsapp number when I asked a question that she could not answer without talking to her supervisor who was not there at the moment, so I wrote to her later and got the answer. Very nice.

There's a lot of people commenting here but it's obvious that none of them ever tried to use this service. So they just repeat that there's no reliable postal service to send things out of DR. But actually this EMS service is a reliable service, and if I need to ship something else again, I'll ship it with them instead of DHL/FedEx/UPS for sure. They charge by weight only no matter what is the package size. I have seen packages that big in their office that I have never seen in any other postal office anywhere. I asked them can I send the box if its size is like a big fridge? No problem as long it's not more than 30 kilograms. So if you have to send something that requires a lot of packaging material (foam, bubble wrap, whatever) and it makes the package extremely big, no problem, they accept it.

Another good point with INPOSDOM/EMS is that they check the package contents in front of you. You show/explain what's inside to DNCD/customs agent there (who are actually very nice and friendly people, as well as all other people working there), they put a stamp that the package is inspected, and then you take your time to finally close it, seal it with tape, put the label on, etc, and nobody else opens it after that, because customs inspection is already done in front of you.

I'm not sure how it works from other INPOSDOM locations across the country, but it's not my problem really. Maybe in some in-the-middle-of-nowhere shItholes where many expats live, it will not work that good, but who cares. In Santo Domingo it works perfect.
I have used INPOSDOM , but not from the shithole of Santo Domingo.
It worked OK, but now we hicks in the sticks need to go to POP airport where the office is located.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
I believe the problem is that most of the INPOSDOM outposts are a disaster, here in La Romana for example they are completely useless, no one in there can read, quite extraordinary really when you think about it, a post office where most employees can't read. When I go, I ask for the pile of mail and look through it myself, yes I find our mail. Back in the day the local INPOSDOM in Las Terrenas was great, very friendly & reliable but you couldn't be in a hurry, 12 days to 3 months for correspondence from either the States or Europe. Incoming mail would pass through Santo Domingo, then on to La Vega, to SFM, to Samana where it would sit until the big mail bag was full and then put on the gugua to LT.
I have sent things out of the INPOSDOM in Santo Domingo with great success but am afraid to do it from anywhere else.

Long live the postage stamp!

Reactions: cavok

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Windy, for a person so well versed in rules, laws, regulation you should take a few minutes and read the Terms of Service of this community that you abuse each day. For example TOS says "No personal attacks". Well, you are in constant default on that one each and every time you slander those of us that live in SD. Additionally, , every time you and your buddies sprew out "all lawyers are scumbags" you are in violation
of the TOS since there are many lawyer/members here.

Don't be so F-ing high on "fine, fee, illegal,and criminal acts before you look at the stick in your eye.
Enjoy your day.

• Haha
Reactions: CristoRey

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Windy, for a person so well versed in rules, laws, regulation you should take a few minutes and read the Terms of Service of this community that you abuse each day. For example TOS says "No personal attacks". Well, you are in constant default on that one each and every time you slander those of us that live in SD. Additionally, , every time you and your buddies sprew out "all lawyers are scumbags" you are in violation
of the TOS since there are many lawyer/members here.

Don't be so F-ing high on "fine, fee, illegal,and criminal acts before you look at the stick in your eye.
Enjoy your day.
I am not personally attacking any lawyer, am I?

I am not personally attacking any person that lives in Santo Domingo, am I?

As for illegal overstayers of tourist cards, that is a simple fact and all of that is irrelevant to INPOSDOM being virtually useless where I live.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I was responding to someone who called my location a shithole.
Take the high road would be my suggestion, just ignore it. POP has been trashed (slum, ghetto, you name it) countless times by numerous posters, but none of that trashing takes anything away from me... That is and will be our home base and we enjoy it there, period... NC as a whole has been called various names... If someone has the need to badmouth others, that's their problem. I may only have problem if factually incorrect information is thrown out there.

aarhus

On vacation
Jun 10, 2008
Take the high road would be my suggestion, just ignore it. POP has been trashed (slum, ghetto, you name it) countless times by numerous posters, but none of that trashing takes anything away from me... That is and will be our home base and we enjoy it there, period... NC as a whole has been called various names... If someone has the need to badmouth others, that's their problem. I may only have problem if factually incorrect information is thrown out there.
Recently there has been an anti Las Terrenas lobby

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
I am not personally attacking any lawyer, am I?

I am not personally attacking any person that lives in Santo Domingo, am I?

As for illegal overstayers of tourist cards, that is a simple fact and all of that is irrelevant to INPOSDOM being virtually useless where I live.
"INPOSDOM" is useless everywhere

Reactions: windeguy