Economic Imperialists should go home if Haiti is to solve its own problems internally

Yourmaninvegas

I am here to protect and serve
Feb 16, 2016
-
I really hope you're right. Too many good people over there to give up. I just don't see how at this point.
Do I have a plan ❓
No, I do not‼️
But, I believe it only takes one person.
There is a long history (in my country of origin) of a single individual deciding to make a difference and inspiring others.
That is the only hope that Haiti has...
It's people‼️
That is why (unlike some others posting up in here) I refuse to write them all off with a few keystrokes.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Do I have a plan ❓
No, I do not‼️
But, I believe it only takes one person.
There is a long history (in my country of origin) of a single individual deciding to make a difference and inspiring others.
That is the only hope that Haiti has...
It's people‼️
That is why (unlike some others posting up in here) I refuse to write them all off with a few keystrokes.
There is no reason I can think of that optimism applies. But then I am a realist. Haiti is a failed state with no chance.

Period. Period with another Period.

Reactions: Caonabo and rfp

Yourmaninvegas

I am here to protect and serve
Feb 16, 2016
-
Far from being a vision based in reality, I see the negativity posted up in here by some to be rooted in something very different.
:unsure:
They are entitled to their own opinions no matter how unenlightened.

Reactions: Africaida

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
Far from being a vision based in reality, I see the negativity posted up in here by some to be rooted in something very different.
:unsure:
They are entitled to their own opinions no matter how unenlightened.
Let's just say that the past (both far back and fairly recent) is a fairly good indicator as to their still not having wizened up about dropping the machetes/guns and finally taking the ploughshares (an analogy very apropos given the still rural nature of the country), specially among the leading classes there, if they can be called such.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
Let's just say that the past (both far back and fairly recent) is a fairly good indicator as to their still not having wizened up about dropping the machetes/guns and finally taking the ploughshares (an analogy very apropos given the still rural nature of the country), specially among the leading classes there, if they can be called such.

Very different as to what has occured here, where the last insurgency (or attempt at insurgency) was squashed in 1973, in the backdrop of the Cold War. Since then elections here have been constant and the population's confidence in the political process has been continued despite a few bumps, economic or otherwise, here and there.