Eddie from Super Super.....

james

Jan 14, 2002
I have known Eddy going on 28 years. All the good things you people on DR1 have mentioned are so true. 2 weeks ago for the first time in probably 15 years Eddy and I spent a couple of hours in the late evening having a few bottles at some of our local places and talking, joking, reminiscing about the good old days, etc. I will remember that forever.
Eddy we miss you already. Rest In Peace my friend.

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
I am reading this from st kitts, sad news, having a few presidente's right now in honour.

spent some time in the bar a few years ago before he sold it. Always gave him a hard time trying to get the game on the satellite......

respect and thoughts go to his family at this time of year.

Tuna

popvisitor.

Nov 14, 2013
I met Eddy many times, we would sit at his bar watching sports and he would tell of his days as a police Officer

so sudden, R.I.P Eddy

popvisitor.

Nov 14, 2013
I have a pretty decent picture of Eddy I took at his bar a"few" years back (It was taken using a Sony Mavica with 1.44 floppy if that gives you any idea) but can't seem to insert it and I don't belong to any hosting sites. If I could PM it to anyone to post?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I have a pretty decent picture of Eddy I took at his bar a"few" years back (It was taken using a Sony Mavica with 1.44 floppy if that gives you any idea) but can't seem to insert it and I don't belong to any hosting sites. If I could PM it to anyone to post?

Send it to me!!

May 29, 2006
1526089_10202459073455631_1874097326_n.jpg

a5cec28b-a574-43cc-bf2d-bb465466afe9.jpg

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

Here it is, thanks popvisitor. [click on photo to enlarge]

Eddy.jpg

popvisitor.

Nov 14, 2013
Here it is, thanks popvisitor. [click on photo to enlarge]

View attachment 1404

Thansk alter ego

Eddy has had several coronary bypaqsses over the years but last time we spoke (Oct I think) he was doing and feeling fine

Goes to show just how sudden someone's departure may be

Be nice, it could happen to the person next to you at any time

Thomas Churchill

Dec 20, 2013
Eddy's Photo Gallery

Hello everyone, long time, no see.

Got the news about Eddy early this morning. We've been good friends since around 1999. It still has not quite sunk in that he will not be around anymore.

Only yesterday Eddy asked me if all of the old photos from Eddy's Sports Bar were available online yet. They weren't - but I told him that I still had all of them from his websites from years ago and that I'd put them on a thumb drive and drop them off to him today. Sadly, that won't happen now.

So I thought some of you who were good friends, and those of you who were only online acquaintances might appreciate perusing 30 years of photos from the early days of Sosua when only four legged cows sauntered up and down the street that would become Ayuntamiento in Sosua to the many DR1 parties held at Eddy's place. Extra points to those that can pick out me, Mr. Colon, Hillbilly, Rob, AZB and the rest of the gang from 10 years ago.

You can view the photo gallery here: Flickr: purple.caribbean's Photostream

I only hope Eddy took his beloved GPS system with him so he can find his way to his next Paraiso. With luck, he's enjoying the evening with his long lost friend, Bengi. Saludos, my friend.

Last edited:

Stewhart

Sep 12, 2003
Rest in Piece Eddy, you were a shining light of youth, you knew how to enjoy life, and you lived yours to the full. Whilst we lost touch the last couple of years I'll fondly look back at the wonderful memories, many a great hour spent just "shooting the sh**" . You were an exemplary friend even to someone so much your jr. The world just got a whole lot duller. Always in our heart and minds. Farewell friend!

I first met Eddy back in the late 90's when I was not much older than 12-13 years old during the following years Eddy became a very good friend, I can't thank Eddy enough for his friendship I'm honoured to say that I was lucky enough to have considered him a friend. Over the years Eddy was a friendly face to so many and was undoubtedly the sole reason his bar did so well for so long, people came back just to have a crack with him!

My condolences to his family. RIP Eddy!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Extra points to those that can pick out me, Mr. Colon, Hillbilly, Rob, AZB and the rest of the gang from 10 years ago.

You can view the photo gallery here: Flickr: purple.caribbean's Photostream

Wow, all those mullets! I did see Robert, AZB, Cris Colon, Hillbilly - and Keith R! I'm sure some other DR1ers in there too.

A shame Eddy didn't get to see the photos once more.

Stewhart

Sep 12, 2003
Wow that brings back even more memories, even benji was there! Agreed AlterEgo, a real shame Eddy didnt get to have a thumb through the images one more time!

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
How appropriate that Eddy asked for the pictures yesterday so that we could all share his life today in memory.
Thank you Thomas Churchill for posting them.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Those pics go to show what a sad and different place Sosua has recently become!!
Damn!
Wish I had been here then..

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
I was at the gym with Eddy on Wednesday and he seemed fine...laughing as usual. RIP my dear friend.