Eddie from Super Super.....

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I did not know Eddie other than his posts here. But clearly Eddie was well loved. The DR1 family lost a very beloved member. RIP Eddie....

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
WOW - I've known Eddy for more than 25 years. While we were perhaps not best friends we were definitely good friends. And we just spoke 2 days ago. He was one of the really good guys, and will be missed big time.

I remember getting a taxi from POP to Eddy's circa 1990. Superbowl Sunday. Can't remember the year exactly . Patriots vs ???? Gordy in his Patriot's shirt. Eddy in his glory.

RIP buddy

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
I was there for that Super Bowl and many others. Enjoyed the Hot Dog and one drink admission. Life is short so thankfully he
lived it to the fullest.

WOW - I've known Eddy for more than 25 years. While we were perhaps not best friends we were definitely good friends. And we just spoke 2 days ago. He was one of the really good guys, and will be missed big time.

I remember getting a taxi from POP to Eddy's circa 1990. Superbowl Sunday. Can't remember the year exactly . Patriots vs ???? Gordy in his Patriot's shirt. Eddy in his glory.

RIP buddy

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
Sorry to hear this. He was one of the first persons I met in the DR. Always enjoyed his posts and his point of view. RIP Eddy. Thanks for the memories. Condolences to his family.

bob

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Like so many of us, i knew Eddie at the Sports bar and his incredible ability with Satellite Television was a blessing. He really knew what he was doing. I have been to his apartment and in his pool...He was an all around wonderful person who did not deserve to leave us so soon.

God Speed My Friend..

Truly sad event

HB

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Had some great times at Eddie's bar. He was a guy that if he could help you, he would. A real loss to all that knew him. Glad to be amongst those who were fortunate enough to cross paths with the man.

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
I as well did not have a chance to meet Eddie in person but ate at his bar in Sosua a few times when I was there.

We did however have a lot of the same opinions regarding how this country operated or functioned from his posts on this site
And was in Sosua the other day and walked past his old bar and was depressed a little on what Sosua had become

Via con Dios se?or

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Anybody know if there is any kind of wake/funeral arranged for Sosua? he deserves somekind of party

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Seamonkey -- great idea. Might need to see if the family approves? But his old sports bar would be good if Black Dog could sound out the current owners. If you'd care to help put it together, I'm all in. You working today? I'll stop by if so and chat on it eh?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Thank you Soooooo MUCH for all those fotos!!!!!!!!
Like Eddy, those days are gone now, and like Eddy, "Those Days" will NEVER be Forgotten!
The fotos just reminded me of what I already knew, Eddy was a positive force in the lives of many thousands of people!
One man produced 10 million smiles!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC