EDEESTE Santo Domingo Este: Electricity Outage & Restoration Announcements.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
We're close. Mine is a 2.6 with 4.

Having the generator is icing on the cake.

If the batteries get a little low the generator kicks in and runs the entire house while the batteries recharge.
We're all close I have a Trace SW4024 -- 4kW with 4 batteries -- and a Honda EX4000 converted to propane in my back shed. Also auto starts when battery depleted close to 50%. This is what makes living in the DR easy. One more thing is a good water solution. I have a ~3,200 gallons cistern with 750 gallons of rooftop tinacos (500 + 250) with a Myers 3/4 horse shallow well pump. Life in DR is a-ok and sometime great.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
We lost juice at 1040AM. I checked the maintenance schedule and it appears to say we're off between 1020 and 1420. I hope that's right. I'm going to make coffee using the battery and it makes me nervous.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Actually, I cook with gas in the kitchen but I would switch to an induction cooktop if electricity was more reliable on my "24/7" Edeeste circuit.
I have seen videos on youtube of those operating off grid using induction cooktops. But all the demonstrations I have seen have been run strictly off of solar and I need more information on how it would tax the batteries (lead acid) I use with my back up system. Not worth the chance to make the switch right now.
It would be nice if Edeeste could actually keep the power on 24/7 at least on the circuits they claim that is the case.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Actually, I cook with gas in the kitchen but I would switch to an induction cooktop if electricity was more reliable on my "24/7" Edeeste circuit.
I have seen videos on youtube of those operating off grid using induction cooktops. But all the demonstrations I have seen have been run strictly off of solar and I need more information on how it would tax the batteries (lead acid) I use with my back up system. Not worth the chance to make the switch right now.
It would be nice if Edeeste could actually keep the power on 24/7 at least on the circuits they claim that is the case.
Didn't you say you had a generator?

Why would you prefer Induction? I have zero experience with it.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Didn't you say you had a generator?
I did say that.
The generator does not run for free.
And you put 130% into your batteries to received 100%
There are losses with electrical generation, transmission and storage no matter how you slice it.
It is advanced physics (and I got my worst grades in my pre-engineering class in electromagnetism).
Why would you prefer Induction? I have zero experience with it.
It eliminates one use of propane.
And it is insanely efficient.