Edenada.. lack of power generation

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Much electricity in the DR is thought to be a Free Cheese "entitlement" to MANY.

Just cut off those who don't pay or steal power and see how nasty the citizenry becomes...

It has to be done. Nobody has the balls to do it. PICHARDO, did those pay as you go meters arrive from CHINA yet?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
It has to be done. Nobody has the balls to do it.
Of course not. They are politicians.

How many politicians do you know with actual balls? Here or anywhere else?

Politicians KNOW Free Cheese buys votes, or minimally, proposing to cut Free Cheese is a guarantor of losing an election in most districts.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
The thing is ednorte does come around and cut ure power off if u dont pay here in the campo. But then people just climb back up the post and fix cable to by pass the counter. Yesterday my brother in law was rigging his up when ednorte guys came around to fix a contadore. They waited for my inlaw to finish his rig!!!!!!!
Believe me or not, 4 months ago I started getting annoyed that half the houses were robbing the electricity off the grid (thankfully not off our counter, I check every 2 days and they know it could get nasty). Took my life into my hands, got on my bike and road to the next village to ednoerte. Told them in my broken spanish that me too I was going to rob electricity (cos the robbers dont know what they are doing and keep damaging the lines....),whyshould I be the only bobo who pays. For the last 4 months my billshave been only of 900 pesos or less, when before hand I used to pay 2500 pesos( which was rightfor the kw I use, I check often). A week ago I said to the woman while paying my bill, that strangely after complaining I pay less (I wrote letters as well to ednorte in pop). The old security guard, who has become a pal, told me here u nedd to complain otherwise they do u over... As I left a ednorte maintenance guy, who I know as well, said take a look inside ure counter...
Got round to doing it yesterday. Wellsurprise, I have 110 and 220v so u have 2 ligna vivo and one negative, one of the cables was hooked up directly to the main line. So now I m paying half price electricty apparently, courtesy of ednorte!!!!! got to love their customer service.....

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
I"m living like I want. I dont have all the latest and greatest but it will come with time. *shaking my head* because you don't understand

I don't have or want the latest and greatest in my life. I'm happy with affording a roof over my head and the basic necessities.

I truly sympathize with your situation, not mocking it.

If you recall from my previous threads, I'm actually interested in living there. But situations like this makes me reconsider.

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
The will of the people is to steal electricity rather than pay for it. No way for a change to happen with that mentality.

Interesting you say that.

My lady friend lives next to an ensanche where the electricity goes out from 8 to 12 and again from 3 to 8. Every day.

They do this on purpose due to service theft.

It's crazy that for one delinquent, everyone in that area pays.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Interesting you say that.

My lady friend lives next to an ensanche where the electricity goes out from 8 to 12 and again from 3 to 8. Every day.

They do this on purpose due to service theft.

It's crazy that for one delinquent, everyone in that area pays.

My stepdaughter had to move from an apartment where she lived because that area also had a few people stealing power and instead of taking those people to court they cut way back on the daily electricity for all properties on that circuit!

Crazy is not the word I would use for how electricity theft is handled in the DR.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I don't have or want the latest and greatest in my life. I'm happy with affording a roof over my head and the basic necessities.

I truly sympathize with your situation, not mocking it.

If you recall from my previous threads, I'm actually interested in living there. But situations like this makes me reconsider.

I came here knowing what the situation is with electricity. When I can I would like to install a solar system like what donluis and ringo have posted about. That to me would be latest and greatest considering the subject is electric power. I didn't think you were mocking me and if you were "I have thick skin"

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
OMAR, it's not just "One Delinquent", it's MOST of the "Barrio Rats", Politicians, and government buildings.
Those of us with enough money have electricity,....."24/7"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We provide our own for 24 hours, then the EDES" provide for 7.
First came here in 1986, not much has changed in the "Power Grid" since then.
Back then it was "Make everyone pay!", then the government is afraid to do anything to make that happen.
Wanna talk about the transportation unions iron fisted grip on the DR Government????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
OMAR, it's not just "One Delinquent", it's MOST of the "Barrio Rats", Politicians, and government buildings.
First came here in 1986, not much has changed in the "Power Grid" since then.
Back then it was "Make everyone pay!", then the government is afraid to do anything to make that happen.
Wanna talk about the transportation unions iron fisted grip on the DR Government????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I filled up with diesel yesterday and am good for 2 weeks depending if I go out of town. Too bad the paying ednorte customers can"t do as the transportation union is doing and hold them hostage.

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013

You made me chuckle there :D

Well... I guess the Dominican populace is strong-armed enough to be able to tell the government what it will and will not do.

Come think of it... The US is becoming the same way.... More people on government assistance.... Less workers paying taxes....

What a concept....

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
The blame is on the government for being in charge of bill collection and then not collecting. That is what needs to change. The power generation should be a private business from generator to customer.

to blame is the government for collecting bills (not all, but the big ones yes) and then not bringing that cash to where the powers belong, but just buy some more jeepetas for themselves while the city center plays in the dark.
with the electricity it is the same as with the fuels, they are deliverd, they are paid for by the consuming customers, but the money does not go to where the stuff been provided from.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i would need a darn big tank burried in the backyard to come around for 2 weeks with just one fill of Diesel, do ya run a solar assistance powered diesel truck or do you seldomly start the engine?, lol

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i am not joyriding neither(even that every ride is a joy for me, mostly not for the ones in my way here on da roads, lol), but i have to use the car all day long for work, so of course i burn more diesel.
to fuel up every other week would be a dream come true for myself, lol, i usually have to fuel up every other day.

have fun

Mike

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I dont have the luxury of working here I do my work in Canada and there I burn through diesel in my backhoe and gas in my pickup. Here it is all pleasure except the over spending on simple basics like gas and luz and food