Edenorte and Fedomu seek payment for garbage collection through electricity bill

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
I believe few dominicans pay for garbage removal, at least where I live. Obviously they seek to increase the payments through this initiative.

I guess there will be protests :unsure:

Myself will be happy, the garbage bill is the only bill I have that can’t be paid online.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
We've always paid separately for garbage collection, as part of the neighbourhood mantenimiento fees, but yet, often garbage is not collected for weeks... I don't care with which bill I pay it, but the ones supposedly receiving the payment should also actually collect the garbage...

Thankfully, in our area, the garbage cans are far away from homes, so no big harm done, but still, the area starts to look revolting at times...

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
When I owned my house in Arroyo Hondo, they would never come around to collect garbage. Not really a big deal for me.

One day they came to the house and presented me with an unpaid invoice for thousands of pesos for garbage collection and told me if I didn't take care of it they would suspend my service.

I asked the girl "What service?" and explained our situation.

I ended up negotiating it down to 2000 pesos. She promised they would start collecting and they did. Another happy ending.

Last edited:

Mariahboater

SHIPWRECKED
Aug 7, 2020
Ontario
We've always paid separately for garbage collection, as part of the neighbourhood mantenimiento fees, but yet, often garbage is not collected for weeks... I don't care with which bill I pay it, but the ones supposedly receiving the payment should also actually collect the garbage...

Thankfully, in our area, the garbage cans are far away from homes, so no big harm done, but still, the area starts to look revolting at times...
Coraplata is same charge you for water they don’t provide !

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Where I am in Cabarete, we have private garbage collection we pay for directly to the man owning the service. So how this proceeds will be interesting.

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
Where I am in Cabarete, we have private garbage collection we pay for directly to the man owning the service. So how this proceeds will be interesting.
I receive decent schedule/visits from the public garbage truck, about once a week, Cabarete.

I pay for one thrash can, but frequently fill up several sacks and an additional trash can with garden waste.
They take it away, no extra charges so far.

My area is also served by a private company, they charge 500 dop/month vs. public 350 dop.
So far I stay with the Gov service, but it is nice to have a choice.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I receive decent schedule/visits from the public garbage truck, about once a week, Cabarete.

I pay for one thrash can, but frequently fill up several sacks and an additional trash can with garden waste.
They take it away, no extra charges so far.

My area is also served by a private company, they charge 500 dop/month vs. public 350 dop.
So far I stay with the Gov service, but it is nice to have a choice.
My development is not serviced by the public garbage service. Never has been in the 17 years I have been here.
It is what it is. We pay 500 RD a month and do not have the public option.

It will be interesting to see if Edenorte charges us for a non-extent service.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
My development is not serviced by the public garbage service. Never has been in the 17 years I have been here.
It is what it is. We pay 500 RD a month and do not have the public option.

It will be interesting to see if Edenorte charges us for a non-extent service.

Same for me. Expect the new charge to appear on every Edenorte bill and it will be up to the individual to have the charge removed if they not use public garbage services if the charge can even be removed.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Same for me. Expect the new charge to appear on every Edenorte bill and it will be up to the individual to have the charge removed if they not use public garbage services if the charge can even be removed.
I expect it to be a "garbage" solution for certain.
That is what happens when governments run such things.

• Haha
Reactions: CDNBear

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Ah yes.. the elephant in the room. Another way to get more money out of everybody