Edenorte is a disaster

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
It’s the Sosua & Cabarete syndrome… over 10 yrs here I’ve lived in cabarete, sosua, puerto plata, etc. Barrios I found have cheap rent but frequent outages, Sosua and Cab are nice but frequent outages also! I’ve always been an edenorte customer & I know it depends where you live. (I think they give bad service to areas full of expats because we’re low on their priority list - think dominicanos first, all others second) now living in city central amongst the locals, I’ve had 24/7 elec for years now. Yes, it’s EDENORTE.

Better service is possible but requires relocation. Not easy.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Lesson learned a long time ago when I paid my phone bill at the kiosk in Playero . Like you the clerk transposed a digit and I paid someone else's bill. I didn't notice the mistake for three days. Went back and was told I only had two days to bring errors to their attention. For edenorte payments I bring my bill or have them print one if I don't have a copy. The bill gets stamped as paid and at least has my correct contract # so if anyone makes a mistake it becomes edenorte's problem to resolve. Always get a receipt and confirm the correct account # before walking away from teller.
If you had noticed it 15 minutes later they would have told you sorry you have only 14 minutes to bring it to their attention

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
It’s the Sosua & Cabarete syndrome… over 10 yrs here I’ve lived in cabarete, sosua, puerto plata, etc. Barrios I found have cheap rent but frequent outages, Sosua and Cab are nice but frequent outages also! I’ve always been an edenorte customer & I know it depends where you live. (I think they give bad service to areas full of expats because we’re low on their priority list - think dominicanos first, all others second) now living in city central amongst the locals, I’ve had 24/7 elec for years now. Yes, it’s EDENORTE.

Better service is possible but requires relocation. Not easy.
As I live in La Zurza in Santiago.... for the first 5 years power went off about 2 times a year and only for about 15 minutes each time... when the President we have now came to office that all changed ,it goes off many times a month, and sometimes like this month it never was off... go figure ?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
We've had plenty of negative experiences with Edenorte as well, but to be honest I'm confused with the above, as no matter where I have paid (Edenorte vs. other business that can accept payments for Edenorte), the clerk has always confirmed my name and address after entering the Edenorte account number and before me handing cash. On the receipt, I have always confirmed on the spot that the right bill is paid, and I've paid our bills all over POP in the bank in Sirena, different pharmacies and in Edenorte office as well, and the clerks have always done the same... Did they not confirm your details? So on the receipt it was a wrong account as well?
I handed them my cell phone that had both contract numbers in clear photos from the tops of prior bills - and that's because they no longer bring bills here and they stopped emails for many months for as well as accessing bills in their website was not working - that was discussed on a prior thread.
I paid got my credit card receipt and two stamped account receipts.
I also asked for a printout of the bills which they said I had to go over to customer service (something I never had to do prior to get a copy but I assume it was printer issues ) but the customer service wait was just too long. And I did not hold the two stamped receipts alongside my account numbers before I left and only spotted the error when I pulled receipts when Edenorte came to pull meters.
But now for the last 3 or 4 months they have been emailing the facturas and I print them and take them in when I pay .

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Yesterday our power became unbalanced. 152 and 85 volts because Edenorte's crappy aluminum wires shorted behind the meter. Ruined my Inverter and I was without power all day until the service crew came to tighten screws.
Today the power has come and gone several times and with my inverter now in the shop I'm without power.
Does anyone know who can replace service drops from aluminum to copper?
You have to buy the cable by yourself and ask the first service crew that you find closed by to replace it and of course you have to pay them your self. Next time you have any issue and a official team arrives, first thing they will do; changing the copper to aluminium again and keep the cooper for them self. LOL Don't think thay i'm kidding.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I handed them my cell phone that had both contract numbers in clear photos from the tops of prior bills - and that's because they no longer bring bills here and they stopped emails for many months for as well as accessing bills in their website was not working - that was discussed on a prior thread.
I paid got my credit card receipt and two stamped account receipts.
Yes, we've also went without getting any bills for for years, even the emailed ones have not arrived, but the Edenorte app has always showed the balance. So if you received a receipt of the payment with the account number, was this account then incorrect?

On any old bills, there is also the contador number visible so you should be able to verify that the right contador was paid, unless I'm missing something here?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Yes, we've also went without getting any bills for for years, even the emailed ones have not arrived, but the Edenorte app has always showed the balance. So if you received a receipt of the payment with the account number, was this account then incorrect?

On any old bills, there is also the contador number visible so you should be able to verify that the right contador was paid, unless I'm missing something here?
I could have checked account numbers in the office before I left but I didn't and might not have noticed the one number of two accounts was wrong - and having already credited someone else's account by their own error they likely would not have reversed it. But then I could have sat and wasted an hour with customer service and got the Alfred E. Newman "What Me Worry" stare and useless figiting from the representative as she ponder when her lunch break would arrive. .
But there was a period of 2-3 months you could not access billing history on the Edenorte website and they were not emailed either - their entire internet system was bonkers. They even owned up to it being broken.

Reactions: AlaninDR

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
As I live in La Zurza in Santiago.... for the first 5 years power went off about 2 times a year and only for about 15 minutes each time... when the President we have now came to office that all changed ,it goes off many times a month, and sometimes like this month it never was off... go figure ?
I don't think you can blame the President for that.

Reactions: windeguy

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Speaking of Edenorte: Today's power outage starting around 8 AM, I am guessing in most of Cabarete and points East (as well as CABT102) was apparently brought about by stupidity.

A person who went by the scene said a hole was dug next to a power pool near Vagamundo/Linares in Cabarete. Now that power pole has fallen over because of that unfilled hole and needs to be replaced.

That could take all day and some of us might lose internet service from CableDelNorte if they don't have all day power backup.

Reactions: Neargale

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Does not work for me and has not for probably a year. I have fiber optic intnernet with Cable Del Norte and get this:

This site can’t be reached​

ofv.edenorte.com.do took too long to respond.

Try:
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
It appears that EdeNorte is restricting access, I´m guessing only allowing access if you use certain Internet providers.

In order for me to access the site I must turn off my VPN and default to Claro Internet provider.
My VPN service has a D.R. VPN, but even that doses not work.

Works for me ONLY through Claro.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
It appears that EdeNorte is restricting access, I´m guessing only allowing access if you use certain Internet providers.

In order for me to access the site I must turn off my VPN and default to Claro Internet provider.

Could the problem be something as simple as EdeNorte Internet access name not translating in the DNS servers except in Claro´s DNS?

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
  • Wow

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I could have checked account numbers in the office before I left but I didn't and might not have noticed the one number of two accounts was wrong - and having already credited someone else's account by their own error they likely would not have reversed it. But then I could have sat and wasted an hour with customer service and got the Alfred E. Newman "What Me Worry" stare and useless figiting from the representative as she ponder when her lunch break would arrive. .
But there was a period of 2-3 months you could not access billing history on the Edenorte website and they were not emailed either - their entire internet system was bonkers. They even owned up to it being broken.
Understood. Obviously, I did not mean to hint that you would have done something wrong (fully their incompetence...), this just really hit me as I hate how they pronounce my name when they confirm the Edenorte account details, and they do that every time, but it appears that they don't do that everywhere... Same with Claro bills I used to pay just with a number, every representative, always read my name from the account based on the number, I hated that but it did serve as a giving peace of mind that I'm paying my bill and not that of someone else...

Reactions: malko

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Could the problem be something as simple as EdeNorte Internet access name not translating in the DNS servers except in Claro´s DNS?
I think so regarding DNS problem. I just used my iPhone instead of my computer. I tried first with CableDelNorte WiFi and could not reach the Edenorte end user part of the site.

Then I turned off WiFi and used cellular data (ALTICE) and I can get to the Edenorte client website as I used to be able to, where it tells me that my circuit status is normal( when it has been off since 8 AM) .

Their APP only works on Android ,

What imbeciles.

Good guess, Don/SantiagoDR

Reactions: chico bill

Adrian

Oct 22, 2003

I thought it was not working for a long time, until I turned off my VPN. Works for me with Claro or DeLancer. WhatsApp can also be used to enquire about money owed, pay etc, but a card needs to have been registered first to pay.