EdeNorte North Coast Electricity outage & restoration announcements.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Windeguy, do you remember what time the work was supposed to be finished? I saw something about it on FB yesterday but can't find it now. Nothing on the Edenorte site.

if that's the one, supposedly comes back at 3pm... Our circuit in POP also went out at 10am and came back about 30 minutes ago... That's even though our circuit is not even listed as the ones to be taken out of service... And we practically almost never get blackouts for more than 5-10 minutes...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Windeguy, do you remember what time the work was supposed to be finished? I saw something about it on FB yesterday but can't find it now. Nothing on the Edenorte site.
I think they said 8 hours, so it looks like by 6 PM. I see the original schedule was posted above, so hopefully by 5 PM or earlier.
Still off on CABT102 at this time.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
CABT102 still off. Maybe by 6 PM it will come on?

At first Edenorte lied to me that it was a "problem" and a crew was working to fix it. When I called again a short time ago, they told me it was off because of maintenance.

Why do they still lie about it?

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016

At first Edenorte lied to me that it was a "problem" and a crew was working to fix it. When I called again a short time ago, they told me it was off because of maintenance.

Why for 20 years you still so obsessed about it? Admit it! We all have seen hugh improvements over 20 years. Yet you still gripe.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Why for 20 years you still so obsessed about it? Admit it! We all have seen hugh improvements over 20 years. Yet you still gripe.
Do you like being lied to? That is something I will never get over.

I readily admit that things have improved greatly for my location within the past 2 years.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros

It has become an automatic response when they don’t know the actual cause at customer service point.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It has become an automatic response when they don’t know the actual cause at customer service point.
After probably the first 100 calls to Edenorte that I made, I began to realize that. Maybe it was more like the first 1,000 calls. :ROFLMAO: They lied then, they lie now.

Reactions: DR Solar

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I can never be bothered to call the electricity company to just hear their lies or made up stories. I prefer to just check with neighbours (who I can't see from here) that they are off too and then I safely believe it will come back on shortly!

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Do you like being lied to? That is something I will never get over.

I readily admit that things have improved greatly for my location within the past 2 years.
You have issues that never end. You expect and demand that your calls fix what ever issue you have. 20 years of them. But you never once tried to fix YOUR problem. You just complain.
Potholes. Water. Electricity. Your recocord is simple. Call and complain but never have you ever tried to correct your own problem. Never.
After probably the first 100 calls to Edenorte that I made, I began to realize that. Maybe it was more like the first 1,000 calls. :ROFLMAO: They lied then, they lie now.
It's been 20 years if the same phone cslls with the same results. Yet no self correction. Darein at work?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You have issues that never end. You expect and demand that your calls fix what ever issue you have. 20 years of them. But you never once tried to fix YOUR problem. You just complain.
Potholes. Water. Electricity. Your recocord is simple. Call and complain but never have you ever tried to correct your own problem. Never.

It's been 20 years if the same phone cslls with the same results. Yet no self correction. Darein at work?
My wife and I went to the Edenorte offices many times in Cabarete, Sosua, Puerto Plata and twice Santiago to "fix the problem". We also went several times to PROTECOM to complain about poor Edenorte service. The corrupt people we met personally with in Santiago (and the second time in Puerto Plata) wanted to charge over $100,000 US on two separate occasions to "fix the problem" and do the job they should have done for free. We talked to our association and found no support to come up with $100,000 US, so we were unable to do anything. About 2 years ago, Edenorte came in with new power poles and street lights (Ironically not putting street lights on our street due to the lack of pole mounted transformer they for some reason did not want to install). But after 15 years of 10 to 12 hour daily power we were finally on the DR version of 24/7 power. But they still lie when I call them about the occasional power outage.

We went directly to the Ayuntamiento in Cabarete about paving. We were told we were in a private community and they would provide no assistance. Yet places like Perla Marina, ProCab and several commercial business parking lots were paved by the corrupt former mayor.

As for the water problems, we have a 5,000 gallon cistern and a large Myers pump that takes care of the lack of water pressure (currently about 10 psi) provided by CORAAPLATA. Ironically when we arrived, we had a constant 40 PSI up until about 5 years ago. And the water company will shut the water off in our development at least 2 days each week. Please tell me what more that I can do about that situation? Should I construct a reservoir for the region?

But, as you can see, we did "Nothing" to try and fix the problems Not even once. Did we? You are another person on this forum who assumes things they can never know or likes to tell other people what they "should" do. So tell me, what should I do about the problems that remain with water and paving?

Reactions: jfk-tampa

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
In case anyone doesn't already know. You can report power failures to Edenorte by phone or online. May help in restoring power a bit quicker than waiting for someone else to report the outage.

809-261-1844

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
According to the current Edenorte maintenance schedule posted on their website much of Cabarete (Circuits CABT101, 102 & 103) will be offline tomorrow from 12:00pm - 5:00 pm for Substation work.

Nagua too, same hours different reason.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
According to the current Edenorte maintenance schedule posted on their website much of Cabarete (Circuits CABT101, 102 & 103) will be offline tomorrow from 12:00pm - 5:00 pm for Substation work.

Nagua too, same hours different reason.
It was definitely off from about noon today Wednesday and is still off on CABT102.