EDENorte North Coast: Electricity Outages & Restoration Announcements

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Power is out in my area on circuit Sosu101. No maintenance scheduled and no planned outages announced. Outage reported to Edenorte on their website. If it is out for you, please report it too.

These outages seem to be oddly syncronized recently, it's been the last 3 weeks the lights go out between Thursday and Sunday... Now It's Friday and we've been without luz the past 3 hours... Earlier today the city center of POP also had an outage...

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Yes here as well on APPL02. You can check their Social media accounts, IG and FB, to get an understanding why we have these interruptions, not worth calling about it.
Please feel free to paraphrase the reasons for a blackout. Some of us do not have accounts on Facebook, Instagram and other social media.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Still off at 17:00 on CABT102. Edenorte says maintenance. Facebook page talks about generators being tied to high voltage lines over the weekend. Not very specific. Customer service just calls today's outage maintenance and it will be back on today. Sometime.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Off here again it Perla Marina SOSU101 again. Seems to be quite widespread !
Olly

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Back on for me again. For how long is anyone's guess. The unconfirmed rumour that I heard is more blackouts through the weekend as the power company distributes the demand load while transmission lines and a substation are being worked on. All to improved the system reliability here in the north they say.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Back on for me again. For how long is anyone's guess. The unconfirmed rumour that I heard is more blackouts through the weekend as the power company distributes the demand load while transmission lines and a substation are being worked on. All to improved the system reliability here in the north they say.
This makes sense but taking a whole city off grid does not really to me... POP returned 6:30 pm...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This makes sense but taking a whole city off grid does not really to me... POP returned 6:30 pm...
Poor planning . Nothing new with respect to Edenorte and how they fail to operate well. Adding capacity while reducing capacity somehow works for them.

CABT102 is still off grid. That is thousands of people in Cabarete. Most of them don't have back up power of any kind.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Now that it is dark, I can see the main highway has no lights, so Cabarete center is probably off as well.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Another member on a local forum stated she heard the "big problem" we have now was a system crash in Santiago. Perhaps just a rumor..

She said Cabarete, Sabaneta, Jamao and Gaspar Hernandez also have no power.

Is power on in Sosua and/or Puerto Plata?

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
That is the actual reason Edenorte administration is providing. The past few weekends they have been working on a substation in Bonao, so to unload the demand on the lines they have had to shut them down intermittently. However, in the actual statement, they don't specify Puerto Plata province as being one of those affected because of this issue, but it really seems like it is. So they are upgrading and maintaining current transmission lines to be able to provide better quality. And that makes sense because first of all, it's quite obvious that the past administration in many cases neglected maintenance and using the funds properly to maintain things properly. For example according to the current School minister, when he took office, there were NO plans at all for this past school year(2020/2021), although they had publicly declared that they were well prepared for the upcoming school year amid the pandemic. So just wonder how many other departments that didn't have proper management. Add to that, that more and more areas here in the north are getting 24/h electricity. So more and more people are using more electricity, thus the current electricity demand is higher than the grid can sustain. So good for them. However it's totally outrageous that they like 1-3 hours after the outage starts informs the public like "oh yeah right, your not gonna have any power this weekend", like seriously??? Are you that incompetent and think that nobody is going to notice and wonder why there is no electricity??

Although it doesn't surprise me at all.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Another member on a local forum stated she heard the "big problem" we have now was a system crash in Santiago. Perhaps just a rumor..

She said Cabarete, Sabaneta, Jamao and Gaspar Hernandez also have no power.

Is power on in Sosua and/or Puerto Plata?
My area in Santiago was out three times yesterday for hours at a time.

We have been out now since about 11 pm last night.

My batteries are getting a real work-out.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Power off here (again) this morning when I woke up around half an hour ago (SABY 101/ 102) Sabaneta. Don't know what time it went off but was only restored after a number of hours at 11.45 pm last night. According to Edenorte website there are no scheduled outages published here for today!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Power off here (again) this morning when I woke up around half an hour ago (SABY 101/ 102) Sabaneta. Don't know what time it went off but was only restored after a number of hours at 11.45 pm last night. According to Edenorte website there are no scheduled outages published here for today!

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
This is becoming a pattern, for the past 3 weeks, first an hours long (yesterday close to 7 hours apagon in the afternoon and then they leave us without luz for the entire night starting around 2 am... Neighbor must be consuming a decent amount of diesel as they have an automatic generator, yesterday it was on for 12+ hours...