EDENorte North Coast: Electricity Outages & Restoration Announcements

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Are you under 700 kWh with AC?
AC is run only at night for sleeping or when I am in my music studio. Those locations are on separate meters.
My current usage was 570 kWh for the meter on my house and much less for my studio's meter.
I went over 700 kWh, twice if I recall, for the main house only when I had inverter problems years ago and the batteries were bad and we were not on a class A circuit (24/7).

The total usage has cost me around $100 US a month since we were put on a 24/7 circuit a few years back.
Costs were a bit higher before that because of the energy wasted in charging and discharging batteries when we were on class D and class B circuits.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
AC is run only at night for sleeping or when I am in my music studio. Those locations are on separate meters.
My current usage was 570 kWh for the meter on my house and much less for my studio's meter.
I went over 700 kWh, twice if I recall, for the main house only when I had inverter problems years ago and the batteries were bad and we were not on a class A circuit (24/7).

The total usage has cost me around $100 US a month since we were put on a 24/7 circuit a few years back.
Costs were a bit higher before that because of the energy wasted in charging and discharging batteries when we were on class D and class B circuits.

Wow. I guess I better not complain about my 97 kWh bill for last month and 99 kWh before that! :oops:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Power went off on the main road near Kite Beach and on circuit CABT102 in Cabarate if not more areas about 7 PM, Saturday October 31.
And they were doing so well for a week or two.

I expect it is a widespread outage, can anyone else confirm?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Power went off on the main road near Kite Beach and on circuit CABT102 in Cabarate if not more areas about 7 PM, Saturday October 31.
And they were doing so well for a week or two.

I expect it is a widespread outage, can anyone else confirm?
Yup, same here--- the middle of nowhere up north---- la luz went out for about 20mn around 1900. First time in a week.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I had to shut down my computer before I had a chance to post. Same for my sector in Sosua. off around 19:00 and back on around 20:00 give or take a few minutes. It was a wide spread outage.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Edenorte has published a maintenance schedule to their website for the dates Nov. 7 - 13. However, the contents of that file stop on Sunday Nov. 8. I have not seen an entire work week before with no scheduled maintenance listed for numerous communities. This leads me to believe that the file posted is incomplete rather than there being no work scheduled Tuesday to Friday next week. Monday maybe as it is a holiday. Edenorte has been having problems with this file lately. Either not posting it or the information being wrong/incomplete. I for one prefer to know when my area is scheduled for an outage so I rely heavily on this information being made available for download regularly and the information being complete and accurate.

Anyone know of any other ways of determining upcoming power outages from Edenorte?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I was woken up in the early hours of this morning. when the power returned. It appears it went out for a period of time over night. Since I was asleep I don't know when or for how long. Any night owls awake when it went out and or came back that can give an indication of how long it was off? Or a bunch of people noticing that it was off would give an indication of how widespread the issue was.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I was woken up in the early hours of this morning. when the power returned. It appears it went out for a period of time over night. Since I was asleep I don't know when or for how long. Any night owls awake when it went out and or came back that can give an indication of how long it was off? Or a bunch of people noticing that it was off would give an indication of how widespread the issue was.
I did not notice any outages on CABT102

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
You are in the Dominican Republic. Get a grip.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I expect power problems every day. I was just interested if anyone knows if it was a short outage or a longer duration one.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I am hearing reports of another power disruption in the early morning hours of today at least in my neighborhood in the eastern part of Sosua . Not sure how long it was out but I awoke this morning to find 2 220V breakers in my house had tripped off. The power has returned by that time.

Feb 15, 2006
www.villasmarlena.com
I am hearing reports of another power disruption in the early morning hours of today at least in my neighborhood in the eastern part of Sosua . Not sure how long it was out but I awoke this morning to find 2 220V breakers in my house had tripped off. The power has returned by that time.
Power has been out here in Costambar since before midnight. appears there was an explosion at the power plant in San Marcos,

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Ouch, sorry to hear about your troubles. Thanks for posting the info. Please let us know when it comes back on. Anyone else without power either from last night or a new outage this morning?