EDENorte North Coast: Electricity Outages & Restoration Announcements

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
My neighborhood in Sosua hasn't been doing very well lately. They are installing new poles along my main road so the local power was off yesterday as they put the old wires on some of the new poles. More such work to come but no idea when or how long the electricity will be off each time.

Also, I assume because of the wind, we lost power 4 times in 5 days mid afternoon for 3 or 4 hours each time last week. Prior to this latest spate of outages, we had been doing pretty well reliability wise with outages few and far between. It is unnerving when it goes out and neither you nor Edenorte has any idea when it will be coming back on. It seems that everyday lately is a bit of a gamble so we are going risk it and try to get some laundry done and on the line while things still work. Between the weather and the frequent power outages, one just has to hope that you can get what needs to be done finished before the next interruption or the heavens open up.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Advanced notice of a power outage for Sosua at least, probably others as well.

Buen día,
Distinguido cliente, tenemos a bien de informarle que el día miércoles 24 del mes en curso, tendremos
una interrupción en el servicio eléctrico de 12:00 a 17:30 (5 horas) aproximadamente, esta con el propósito
de realizar trabajos de mantenimiento general en la subestación, con la finalidad de adecuar las estructuras
para garantizar mejor servicio y disminuir futuras averías.
Recomendamos tomar las medidas necesarias, para fines de no afectar sus actividades comerciales.
Good day,
Distinguished customer, we would like to inform you that on Wednesday 24 of the current month, we will have
an interruption in the electrical service from 12:00 to 17:30 (5 hours) approximately, is for the purpose
to carry out general maintenance work in the substation, in order to adapt the structures
to guarantee better service and reduce future breakdowns.
We recommend taking the necessary measures, in order not to affect your commercial activities.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The Edenorte maintenance schedule for next week was posted this morning. The document confirms what is posted above. Power will be out for all circuits in Sosua this coming Wednesday at least from 12:00 noon to 5:00pm.

SOSU101
SOSU104
SOSU105
SOSU103

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Well so much for 5:00pm restoration of power. Still off here in Perla Marina ! Not much battery life left and the Generator is being repiared !!! !

Olly

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Finally back on at 6:40 pm so the approximately in post #164 was nearly two hours more! So much for Edenorte notifications .

Thank you Cpt_Gringo for the info !
Olly

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Edenorte was apparently running new wire in my part of Sosua. Power restored at 15:00. I wish they would announce when the plan to do this type of work so people know why the power is off.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Picked this up from a Facebook page - can anyone confirm it ?

Attention
by this means we inform the whole municipality of Sosua, that tomorrow Saturday 13th there will be a general blackout for maintaining transmission networks, from 9. am to 1. pm

Olly ·

Reactions: rogerjac

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012

Empresa Distribuidora de Electricidad del Norte - Edenorte

59m ·

#AvisoDeMantenimiento | Este sábado 13 técnicos de la Empresa de Transmisión Eléctrica Dominicana (ETED) realizarán trabajos de mantenimiento preventivo, a equipos de transmisión, lo que afectará diversas subestaciones localizadas en la zona costera de las provincias de Puerto Plata y Espaillat.
Esas labores se llevarán a cabo de 9:00 de la mañana a 1:00 de la tarde, afectando las subestaciones de La Unión, Sosúa, Cabarete y Sabaneta de Yásica.
Durante ese tiempo no tendrán energía eléctrica en todas las localidades de esa zona, delimitada desde Montellano hasta Gaspar Hernández.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I came to post the same info I pulled from the Edenorte site. Glad to see someone beat me to it. Not thrilled about no power on a Saturday but it is what it is. Hopefully they stick to the schedule and finish working on time so they can turn the juice back on.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
CABT102 in Cabarete has been out since 10 AM. Edenorte says they are working on it.

I suspect instead that it is related to the planned power outage for work being done in the Puerto Plata city area today.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Windeguy, do you remember what time the work was supposed to be finished? I saw something about it on FB yesterday but can't find it now. Nothing on the Edenorte site.