EDENorte North Coast: Electricity Outages & Restoration Announcements

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Power off for about an hour on part of CABT102. A fuse on the corner of the main highway and La Cienaga road is probably the culprit. I heard a boom and someone got report 81347 . That was 90 minutes ago and nobody arrived yet to fix it. I am told they will send someone.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
With 3 different report numbers since 6 PM last night, the morons at Edenorte still have not sent anyone to replace a fuse.
When I just called in, they said it should be fixed around 9 AM. 13 hours so far without power and that would bring it to 15 hours if they get to it at 9 AM.
Cretins.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Repairs seem to take a lot longer in the dark and probably it is not too safe to be working on electrical lines during a thunderstorm or a downpour. Hopefully you get sorted early this morning. Just in time for the next outage - today is after all Saturday (the new Tuesday when it comes to cutting the power).

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Repairs seem to take a lot longer in the dark and probably it is not too safe to be working on electrical lines during a thunderstorm or a downpour. Hopefully you get sorted early this morning. Just in time for the next outage - today is after all Saturday (the new Tuesday when it comes to cutting the power).
The rains stopped about 8 hours before power was finally restored. In recent times we have had two hour response times even during the middle of the night.

Power came back on after 14 hours of being off earlier this morning about 8 AM (from 6 PMish last night) . Really bad response time and really bad answers every time I called Edenorte.

Reactions: NY-DR Commuter

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
We did have power for 2 hours this morning from 8 AM to 10 AM , then the fuse blew out that feeds our house and three others. And Edenorte says they are sending someone since the early morning. They lied. Now I understand most of CABT102 is also off for about 45 minutes.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Power has been off-and-on several times in the last three days. Just went off a little while ago, but came back on in about 10 minutes.

Jan 9, 2004
We did have power for 2 hours this morning from 8 AM to 10 AM , then the fuse blew out that feeds our house and three others. And Edenorte says they are sending someone since the early morning. They lied. Now I understand most of CABT102 is also off for about 45 minutes.
Get used to it. With current worldwide shortages of coal and LNG and the prices for both soaring..............this gets worse..........before it gets better.

High bills, no luz...............a return to the past.

Generators/inverters and batteries are likely to get a workout for the foreseeable future..

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
On and off 5 times today in El Batey. Good thing we have those beautiful murals on the downtown walls.