EDENorte North Coast: Electricity Outages & Restoration Announcements

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Has there been a growth spurt in the area in question?
Perhaps the infrastructure needs a boost....
More houses and condos over time. Far less water with only talk of improvements by the government owned mafia water company.

Similar issues for Edenorte, but at least they turn power off frequently for regular maintenance, which does not seem to help with other random blackouts.

Perhaps Edenorte should turn power off every day for maintenance and then say everything is fine. Just look how diligent we are, borrowing from the rationing strategy now employed by the failing water company. That is the logic at work here.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There were recently some outages for them to interconnect generators from different parts of the county to load share.
Did it help? Not from what I can tell, but other communities might be better served.

Edenorte does not elaborate when asked about outages. Just that they are working on it.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
That could be said of the whole country, couldn't it?
I suppose - yes, it could be said...and I'm hinting that this may be the underlying problem
and it's not just this country experiencing it

Most countries plan for this... put the infrastructure in place..... nope, not RD
They drive using the rear view mirror....
Wow!.... did you see what just happened !!???

This isn't the current regime.... was done before

We had a course in Biz School - Managing Change/Growth
Very, very difficult to mange fast growth.....

A big problem - but a good one to have.... tiger by the tail type

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
There was a protest in Sabaneta several days ago over these power outages - tires burning in the street. Somehow, a man on his moto both caught on fire.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I believe this announcement is for today Tues Nov. 11...

Tomorrow the Dominican Electric Transmission Company ( @eted_rd_ ) will be carrying out maintenance work on the transmission line that feeds the Puerto Plata Planta d Substation from 12:00 p.m. until 2:00 p.m., which will leave without energy service to local customers throughout the central zone of the municipality of Puerto Plata in the circuits PPLA101, PPLA102, PPLA105. The execution of these works will equally affect clients on the Tourist road, La Union, Sosúa (partial), Sabaneta de Yásica and Gaspar Hernandez.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
An impossibility according to dull norm director of Edenorte. We have a power outage on CABT102 since about 12:10 PM today, November 11, 2021.

• Haha
Reactions: drstock

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Credit given when credit is due.

A week or 2 ago the transformer blew out.
The next day I called them, and they came the same day to change it.

I started to notice that at nightfall, my surge protectors would kick in on the fridge and on the freezer ( both on 110V ), but only when I had the water heater on and/or the water pump on ( both on 220V ).
Long story short, at the meter during the day I would have 228V coming in, something like 116 on one phase and 112 on the other. However at night, when the street lights come on, it would dip below 220V.

An electrician friend of ours, told me that we had around 250V coming in at the meter, before the old transformer was switched out.

So I called edenorte at 1330 today, and asked them if they could up the V output on the transformer.
Lo and behold, at 1420 they turned up and fiddeled with the transformer, and upped it by 15%.

Hopefully that solves my problem.

Kudos to fast service !!!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
malko, I had the incorrect voltage problem a few years back and that was corrected quickly as well. It is the continued problems I take issue with.

Power for the 12 noon to 2 PM blackout is still off.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
So you know. From Edenorte today Nov. 16 2021:

This Tuesday from 02:00 pm until 06:00 pm we will be performing preventive maintenance at the SOSUA Substation, affecting the circuits SOSU101, SOSU103, SOSU104, SOSU105.
The affected communities will be: Camino de Los Llibres, La Mulata 1, 2, 3 and 4, Laguna Beach, Sea Horse Ranch, Lomas Mironas, El Choco, Pearl Marina, Bombita, Lomas Del Sol, Sosúa Village, Caribbean View 1 and 2, Coconut Palm, Sun Paths, Entrance Sosua Disco, Old Mother, Navy House Reef, Infinity Blue, El Batey, Chiquita Beach, Urbanization Erica, La Explanada, Sosua Bay Resort, Villas Ana Maria, Sosua Town Hall, AMET Quartel - PN, Beach Supermarket, Los Cerros de Sosua, Charamicos, Pueblo Nuevo, Sosua Beach, Share T avárez, Nautical Club, Los Libre, Sosua Bomb Station, Terra Mar State, Maranata, Sosua Down, Villa Karen, Old Mother, Bella Vista, Villa Betania, Villa Enmanuel.

Reactions: NY-DR Commuter

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
So you know. From Edenorte today Nov. 16 2021:

This Tuesday from 02:00 pm until 06:00 pm we will be performing preventive maintenance at the SOSUA Substation, affecting the circuits SOSU101, SOSU103, SOSU104, SOSU105.
The affected communities will be: Camino de Los Llibres, La Mulata 1, 2, 3 and 4, Laguna Beach, Sea Horse Ranch, Lomas Mironas, El Choco, Pearl Marina, Bombita, Lomas Del Sol, Sosúa Village, Caribbean View 1 and 2, Coconut Palm, Sun Paths, Entrance Sosua Disco, Old Mother, Navy House Reef, Infinity Blue, El Batey, Chiquita Beach, Urbanization Erica, La Explanada, Sosua Bay Resort, Villas Ana Maria, Sosua Town Hall, AMET Quartel - PN, Beach Supermarket, Los Cerros de Sosua, Charamicos, Pueblo Nuevo, Sosua Beach, Share T avárez, Nautical Club, Los Libre, Sosua Bomb Station, Terra Mar State, Maranata, Sosua Down, Villa Karen, Old Mother, Bella Vista, Villa Betania, Villa Enmanuel.
I don't know why they bother to give these times. I was in the dentist's chair in Sosua at about 12.30 today when the lights went out. Luckily they had backup so they were able to finish manhandling me!'

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Off early but it came back on early too. Usually ednorte is pretty good with the off time but not so good with the back on time. Today both times were inaccurate but at least it is back on before dark.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Power out Sosu101 at 12:05 today in Perla Marina ! Any announcements about It ?

Olly

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Olly, Power also off on CABT102 in Cabarete. Edenorte is working on it and power should be back sometime this afternoon.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Power out Sosu101 at 12:05 today in Perla Marina ! Any announcements about It ?

Olly

This Friday, November 26th, from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. technicians of the Dominican Electric Transmission Company, @Eted_rd_ will be performing preventive maintenance work on the 69K transmission line V Golden Beach - Sabaneta de Yasica, so the substations of Sosúa, Sabaneta of Yásica, Puerto Plata and Gaspar Hernandez will be affected and with them the clients of the following localities:
Sosua Aqueduct, Old Mother, Los Cerros de Sosua, Charamicos, New Town, Beach of Sosua, Tavárez, Nautico Club, Los Llibre, Sosua Pump Station, Terra Mar State, Maranata, Sosua Down, Villa Karen, Old Mother, Bella Vista, Villa Bet Here, Villa Enmanuel.
Camino de Los Llibres, La Mulata 1,2, 3 Y 4, Laguna Beach, Sea Horse Ranch, Lomas Mironas, El Choco, Marine Pearl, Bombita, Lomas Del Sol, Sosua Village, Caribbean View 1 and 2, Coconut Palm, Sun Paths, Sosua Disco Entrance.
Casa Marina Reef, Infinity Blue, El Batey, Chiquita Beach, Urbanization Erica, La Explanada, Sosua Bay Resort, Villas Ana Maria, Sosua Town Hall, AMET Quartel - PN, Playero Supermarket.
Exclusive Sosusa Products.
Villa Progreso, La Piña, Islabón, Jardín Deportivo, Veragua, Batey Ginebra, Los Guao, El Batey Maria, Calolin, La Catalina, Barrosa Costa Los Armsos, Jamao Al Norte, Cold Stream, Palo Broken, Cold Fig, Cat River, Las Spines de Jamao, Las Caobas, Yellow Palo, Saladillo, Islabón, Sing la Rana, Garden Deportivo, Vera Larga, Calolin, Chicken Duck.
Part of the town of Sabaneta, El Semillero, Sweet Pond, Las Canas, Gaspar Hernandez, Candor, La Hermita, La Hoya, White Bejuco, Joba Up, Magante Beach, La Piragua, El Jobo, La Hoya , La Cigua, White Up, La Hicotea, El Caiman, Los Peña, Cerro Blue, The French, The New Hermita, The Caiman, Potato, White Bean, Green, The Fig.
Montellano, Hotel Colibri, Varma Gas, Sunix Fuel Station, Dominican Concredom, Tourist Complex, JJ Roca, La Union, North Air Command FAD, Urbanization Maria La O, Columbus Water Park Entrance, Tourist Complex Puerto Chiquito, Vil The Liberation, Crab, The Castles, Low Loma, Villa Nazaré, Los Jalisco, Caraballos, Severé, Mozovi, Batey Crab, The Perez.
Puerto Plata Airport. DOMINICAN AIRPORT XXI CENTURY (AERODOM 21st CENTURY) (UNR).
Hotel Ocean Dream.
La Cologne, Alley de La Loma and La Ciénaga, Costa Azul, El Rocon, La Paz neighborhood.
Town Center Cabarete Beach la Rinconada Cabarete, Punta Goleta, Cabarete, Hotel Ocean Manor, Hotel Orilla del Mar, Hotel Camino del Sol, Ola del Mar, Procab, Ocean Front, Cabarete Garden, Play de Cabarete, Viva Tangerine Hotel, Kite Beach, Dulc and Life, Tropical Celuisma, The Motocross Track, Kite Beach, Punta Goleta
Loma Isabel de Torres
Av. Manolo T. Right towards Kuky Silverio hardware store, Av. Manolo Tavarez Justo (Edgar Martinez hardware store, Bomb Next and the whole part of the Barrica), Ensanche Dubeaux, El Teleferico, Las Flores, Urb. Florida, Av. Pier Penetration, Urb. Gregorio Luperón, Barr I Haiti, UTESA, The Mercedes, The Clinker, The Three Palms, Conani, Rainbow Urbanization, The Hoyo of Chavon. Yellow Cube, Urb. Hermosa Cube, San Marcos, Los Rieles, La Cremalle, Los Rieleles, Bella View, San Marco Abajo, San Antonio, Cerro Isabel, San Marco Arriba, San Marco Abjo.