EDENorte North Coast: Electricity Outages & Restoration Announcements

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
In the real world maybe but not here. My lease just denotes the house number and the community it is located in.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I find it completely and utterly preposterous that a member of the community who was actually a former moderator of this very web forum, and used to post daily compositions seperated by paragraphs to instruct all as to the proper way to live and survive not only within the RD, but globally........does not even know his proper address within this country.
Personal responsibilty goes a long way, before deciding to reside within a foreign nation, not to mention, offering advice to others.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I don't think my street has a street name and if it does I do not know what it is. Some of those red * may prevent me from being able to complete the form and successfully submit it. Not sure why they need to know my birthday?
Your cedula (or if you are here long term illegally :D , your passport) would have your birthdate. When you signed the contract with them, they have that information on file already. They want it for security purposes.

As for a street name, just put in that it has no name. My street has no name. Never presented a problem that I just made one up.
Where I live , our properties just have a number assigned to them to identify the building lot - I use that as well.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Your cedula (or if you are here long term illegally :D , your passport) would have your birthdate. When you signed the contract with them, they have that information on file already. They want it for security purposes.

As for a street name, just put in that it has no name. My street has no name. Never presented a problem that I just made one up.
Where I live , our properties just have a number assigned to them to identify the building lot - I use that as well.

We’ve owned our property since 1977, no one had an address. Lo & behold, our EdeSur bill showed up one day and we found our our house had a number. We did put the number on the wall outside, the only reason being that we get a lot of mundanza shipments and it’s easier than having them call from the beach so we can go stand in the street to show them where we are.

Campo life.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In the real world maybe but not here. My lease just denotes the house number and the community it is located in.
That is all I have ever had. It is not an issue. For those that think every street has a name in the DR, they do not.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I find it completely and utterly preposterous that a member of the community who was actually a former moderator of this very web forum, and used to post daily compositions seperated by paragraphs to instruct all as to the proper way to live and survive not only within the RD, but globally........does not even know his proper address within this country.
Personal responsibilty goes a long way, before deciding to reside within a foreign nation, not to mention, offering advice to others.
I guess you haven’t been in DR long enough to know the ways of DR ...most houses don’t have numbers let alone street names..where do you live Trump Ivory tower...your a bitter old man staying out of sun might help...

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I have lived here since 2003 in the same house. There are no street names in my development. Somehow Edenorte finds us anyway.
And coraplata bill with my name on it and I’m on well...I never gave them my name..

Oct 11, 2010

It is 2020 and the Dominican Republic cannot maintain an adequately functioning postal system, not even equivalent to 20th century standards.

I find that COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY PREPOSTEROUS ! ! !

It is also why MOST DOMINICANS living in the DR can't even provide something so simple as a precise or accurate postal address when asked.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I guess you haven’t been in DR long enough to know the ways of DR ...most houses don’t have numbers let alone street names..where do you live Trump Ivory tower...your a bitter old man staying out of sun might help...

Yes, I've been around once, twice, even more times....since my birth in Barahona, a couple of years ago.
It would be similar to me telling you how you were raised, in whatever country it may have been. How could I possibly know?
Ask any Dominican, they know their proper address.
I am sorry if it is difficult for you, or your lot.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I have lived here since 2003 in the same house. There are no street names in my development. Somehow Edenorte finds us anyway.

I never mentioned street names.
I stated correct addresses.
This forum has been in existence for more than 20 years, I can understand new members within not understanding.......but those 'experts' that have been here for years? Please.
New members. New persons to the RD are more than welcome, and there are persons within to help you.
Those that have been sitting here for years, and can not even say hello to their neighbor in the native language of the country.....not so much.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

By the way, please do not invoke politics of a foreign nation here.
I know it is difficult for you, but the world moves on, and so will this web forum dedicated to matters specifically RD related.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
It is 2020 and the Dominican Republic cannot maintain an adequately functioning postal system, not even equivalent to 20th century standards.

I find that COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY PREPOSTEROUS ! ! !

It is also why MOST DOMINICANS living in the DR can't even provide something so simple as a precise or accurate postal address when asked.

Can you provide the proper address for Ahnvee in Sosua?
I would suppose that they receive deliveries....of one sort, or another. 😘

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Yes, I've been around once, twice, even more times....since my birth in Barahona, a couple of years ago.
It would be similar to me telling you how you were raised, in whatever country it may have been. How could I possibly know?
Ask any Dominican, they know their proper address.
I am sorry if it is difficult for you, or your lot.
it’s not your fault your bitter old man with venom for blood..ALL LIVES MATTER:cool:

Reactions: Caonabo