EDENorte North Coast: Electricity Outages & Restoration Announcements

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
It was off for about 4 hours overnight....11pm to 3am in Sosua. Of course it must have been maintenance. Why else would the power be off???? No power and no water....bring on the tourists to this lovely beach town so they can see the murals!
last tuesday they announced the power would be off in Santiago from 12 noon to 6 pm for maitenance....and off it was... later that night the local tv news said the power was off because of no fuel for the power plant...sooo no fuel because they thought the price was to high is now maintenance.............

Reactions: Seamonkey

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
last tuesday they announced the power would be off in Santiago from 12 noon to 6 pm for maitenance....and off it was... later that night the local tv news said the power was off because of no fuel for the power plant...sooo no fuel because they thought the price was to high is now maintenance.............
Just when you think that you have heard it all!!!

Here in Sosua for the past few weeks, the power has been going off around 2-3am till about 5-6am every other night or so. Must be more maintenance....lol

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Power out since just after 2 PM today on at least part of CABT102. A fuse is blown open near the west corner main highway and La Cienaga road.
Nobody has come to replace the fuse. Report number is 78835. Over two hours and no response.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Edenorte goes through a lot of those fuses. Sometimes finding a truck with a serviceable fuse onboard is a challenge. This type of problem is easy to correct so assuming the crew arrives at the right place you should have power back before dark. Beware of surges with it first comes back. The fuses on the pole sit in a rocker cradle and to reconnect it they have to jam the top of the fuse into place with a long pole. Sometimes it takes several tries to get it seated properly resulting in short bursts of over voltage. Lost many a power bar and small appliances to this type of thing.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016

Here in Sosua for the past few weeks, the power has been going off around 2-3am till about 5-6am every other night or so. Must be more maintenance....lol
Ohhh absolutly....maintenance on a regular basis... probably in most of the country......

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

They need to quit calling it 24/7 power and call ii 24/3 - because 3 days is about the longest stretch they can manage.

• Haha
Reactions: cavok and Seamonkey

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Edenorte goes through a lot of those fuses. Sometimes finding a truck with a serviceable fuse onboard is a challenge. This type of problem is easy to correct so assuming the crew arrives at the right place you should have power back before dark. Beware of surges with it first comes back. The fuses on the pole sit in a rocker cradle and to reconnect it they have to jam the top of the fuse into place with a long pole. Sometimes it takes several tries to get it seated properly resulting in short bursts of over voltage. Lost many a power bar and small appliances to this type of thing.
Been through probably more than a hundred fuse replacements in 18 years. Never lost any equipment to them when they snap the fuse in place. Edenorte told one of our residents who called in that they would not return to service anything last night. But they lied and they did come and power was back on after about 6 hours of being off. I only had one TV, back in the Tube TV days that took a hit from a lightning strike coming into the cable line. That is the only thing I have lost since I have lived here despite the bad power from Edenorte and even that was an easy fix replacing a cheap part in the TV.
Until the next time.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
From what I am hearing, an extensive unscheduled power outage is ongoing around Sosua. Off and on again very quickly. About 10 minutes later off again and it has remained that way for the last hour.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
It's 530am tuesday, power went off about 20 minutes ago. Must be maintenance again. No water and no power. At least we have murals.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It's 530am tuesday, power went off about 20 minutes ago. Must be maintenance again. No water and no power. At least we have murals.
Also off along the main highway into Cabarete and at least CABT102 in addition. I got on line report 56669. The devils work, I tell ya.
And the same old incompetence of a government run power company.

Reactions: Seamonkey

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Also off along the main highway into Cabarete and at least CABT102 in addition. I got on line report 56669. The devils work, I tell ya.
And the same old incompetence of a government run power company.
Back on for a while now on CABT102.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Power off in Sosua during the day on Tuesday for awhile and then off again overnight. Came back on about 04:20. Anyone notice the time it went off. I thought Edenorte said that the work on the Bonao substation that saw us without power for extended periods awhile ago would greatly increase the reliable delivery of power to the North Coast. These overnight outages seem to have become a regular occurrence of late. Of course no explanation has been offered by Edenorte as to what is going on.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Power off in Sosua during the day on Tuesday for awhile and then off again overnight. Came back on about 04:20. Anyone notice the time it went off. I thought Edenorte said that the work on the Bonao substation that saw us without power for extended periods awhile ago would greatly increase the reliable delivery of power to the North Coast. These overnight outages seem to have become a regular occurrence of late. Of course no explanation has been offered by Edenorte as to what is going on.

They were burning tires all over POP the other day to protest this nonsense...

There was kind of an explanation offered, but not by Edenorte but by Abinader... He said that supposedly the whole country created a new peak in demand passing 3,100 megawatts on Monday... Add to this that supposedly the natural gas provided the govt uses supposedly is having supply issues and supposedly there is a lack of carbon at the moment and some parts of Punta Catalina are out of order...

This is just like people in my country getting into accidents on the road when the first snow falls as the snow (which falls every year) came as s complete surpirse... Who could imagine in their right mind that in a tropical country, there are heatwaves in the summer or in a nordic country (and therefore, people consume more with A/Cs blasting), you need to use winter tires in the winter...

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Power never went off overnight in Camino Llibre.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
A Large section of Sosua and locations eastward are now without power. Edenorte posted on FB the outage is related to substation maintenance although nothing was listed on the published Maintenance schedule for today. Power to be restored around 16:00 or whenever...

Parts of Sabaneta are dark as well also for maintenance work.

Reactions: whirleybird