EDENorte North Coast: Electricity Outages & Restoration Announcements

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Any info on the problem or is it Scheduled Maintenance
Olly
A power line. Scheduled on New Years Day? LOL

They are "working on it", say the incompetent at Edenorte.

Now power, no water, good thing there is not an Edenaire.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
A power line. Scheduled on New Years Day? LOL

They are "working on it", say the incompetent at Edenorte.

Now power, no water, good thing there is not an Edenaire.
This is on the heels of an all-nighter on the 30th. This is how the mafia operates. Do you realize how much they line their pockets with one 8-hour apagón.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This is on the heels of an all-nighter on the 30th. This is how the mafia operates. Do you realize how much they line their pockets with one 8-hour apagón.
I am not aware of the profit involved in not providing electricity. How does that work?

I was aware of the profit involved by the former local director of CORRAAPLATA who also owned a water delivery company.

• Sad
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
I’ve moved around in DR 8 yrs now, mostly No.Coast, now I’ve been in POP (centro de la ciudad) a few months and we RARELY loose power here.
If possible, consider a move to POP (city center areas) and leave your troubles behind. Less crime, better infrastructure, etc.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That's disappointing coming from you.
Oh well, your mind is unreadable today, and I have no idea how Edenorte or the Power Generating companies they front make money not providing a service.
I'd like to start such a business where there is "money for nothing" .... A new crypto perhaps?

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Oh well, your mind is unreadable today, and I have no idea how Edenorte or the Power Generating companies they front make money not providing a service.
I'd like to start such a business where there is "money for nothing" .... A new crypto perhaps?
The first of several talking points would be the amount of power generated for those that do not pay for the service. This number is huge.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Not the people here in question.... one is just a renter
That is one reason why I've never thought of buying a house, apart from houses being a bit expensive in comparison to rent. I've been renting for 10 years and it has cost me more or less about $30000 in total, and to my knowledge there are no decent houses available for that price. And the flexibility to actual move to wherever if I don't like where I'm living, and within a year or so I'm actually going to leave DR, as I'm done complaining about the issues and instead going to do something about it, leave. DR and it's people won't change, so if I'm miserable here why stay? 😆😁

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
That is one reason why I've never thought of buying a house, apart from houses being a bit expensive in comparison to rent. I've been renting for 10 years and it has cost me more or less about $30000 in total, and to my knowledge there are no decent houses available for that price. And the flexibility to actual move to wherever if I don't like where I'm living, and within a year or so I'm actually going to leave DR, as I'm done complaining about the issues and instead going to do something about it, leave. DR and it's people won't change, so if I'm miserable here why stay? 😆😁
You will be missed :cry:. Hopefully you will consider staying on this forum after you have gone.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Poor ol Windy, you've been down in the dumps on DR1 recently. Not much floats your boat these days, Covid conspiracies, crypto currencies, electric cars etc giving off a very negative vibe.

Got to admit, I do love your realistic cynicism. Although I reckon you need to get off this rock for a breather. A brief sojourn from here might make you appreciate our little corner of paradise once again.

Happy New Year!

• Wow
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Poor ol Windy, you've been down in the dumps on DR1 recently. Not much floats your boat these days, Covid conspiracies, crypto currencies, electric cars etc giving off a very negative vibe.

Got to admit, I do love your realistic cynicism. Although I reckon you need to get off this rock for a breather. A brief sojourn from here might make you appreciate our little corner of paradise once again.

Happy New Year!
BEEZA!!! Happy New Year to you mafriend :love:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It is what it is. I call it as I see it. But in reality, what many mistake for pessimism is realism. I am a realist. I also use hyperbole to effect. Are you an optimist?

Happy New Year!
I really have no interest in flying. It sucked before CV19 escaped from WIV. It sucks even more now. But perhaps this year a trip is in order.

Corraaplata turned on the water so the cistern is filling. Edenorte still working on the repair and rewiring.
Happy New Year to you as well.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
A brief sojourn from here might make you appreciate our little corner of paradise once again.
Lol, to me it did the complete opposite, although I'm a bit more positive than before I left. I went back to my country of origin for almost 2 months as I had longed for sooo long to leave DR, and when I came back I just felt it even more strongly that I just don't want to be here anymore. Yeah the weather right now is PERFECT, but that's the ONLY thing positive about being here right now. 😁

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Power still out in Perla Marina (five Hours so far) SOSU101 . Last time the HV was knocked out it took NINE Hours to restore .
Happy New Year too.
PS Will check the water p Perla marina might hav some too!