EDENorte North Coast: Electricity Outages & Restoration Announcements

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The first of several talking points would be the amount of power generated for those that do not pay for the service. This number is huge.
If that number is still huge, then they really need to end that corruption. Easier said than done if it is the large businesses doing it. I have zero knowledge of that level of theft. Never did.

For those still waiting, they had to remove the old pole, place and set a new pole which comes from who knows where , then restring the power lines on new trees. That takes time. Obviously longer than the 6 hours it has already taken. I was guessing 4 PM.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
If that number is still huge, then they really need to end that corruption. Easier said than done if it is the large businesses doing it. I have zero knowledge of that level of theft. Never did.

For those still waiting, they had to remove the old pole, place and set a new pole which comes from who knows where , then restring the power lines on new trees. That takes time. Obviously longer than the 6 hours it has already taken. I was guessing 4 PM.
Did you notice the pole was a relatively clean break?

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Any word about E? Over 8 hours now. We are fine but neighbors batteries are dead so getting ready to hook up extension cords.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Batteries are at 49% now, which is bad for the batteries. Solar kept them high all day but the sun is much lower at this time of the year so that doesn't help the situation much.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Batteries are at 49% now, which is bad for the batteries. Solar kept them high all day but the sun is much lower at this time of the year so that doesn't help the situation much.
Solar has ours at 100% but will production going down. They kept us up all day with no problem. Should be able to power all night on battery.
49% is really pushing those batteries.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Solar has ours at 100% but will production going down. They kept us up all day with no problem. Should be able to power all night on battery.
49% is really pushing those batteries.
Think I have generator kick in at 66%.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I hope they can charge the drunk person who hit the pole for all the economic damage to the businesses that closed down and the cost of EdeNorte working on a holiday

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I hope they can charge the drunk person who hit the pole for all the economic damage to the businesses that closed down and the cost of EdeNorte working on a holiday
Agreed, Those 8 AM drunks have no shame. Anyone have a report on who did it?

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
your area is immune from cars hitting poles?
Come on Winds, we all know W2 is from the upper echelon. In his community, they have service drones only, so no accidents. He is off the grid, so no poles, except for his 100 meter-high GE wind turbines (hard for a moto to knock down)