EDENorte North Coast: Electricity Outages & Restoration Announcements

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Anyone know the latest time frame to restore power on the North coast or what the reason was it was off most of the night?
We had our own localized problem for the 6th time in two weeks when it rains the fuse blows to a transformer that supplies our house and three others.
I am the only one that reports such issues and was told at 3:45 PM yesterday they would come to fix it soon. Today, they still have not come and made the excuse it was because of the rain. OK, I can understand that. The rest of my area had power all night and still does. Edenorte says someone will come today, sometime, for sure...

Now, replacing the fuse for the 6th, 7th, etc. time will not fix the problem when it rains again. I had already gone to the local office in Cabarete this past week where I was told that Edenorte would NOT fix that issue of a failing high tension line each time it rains coming from the fuse on the power pole, under the street to a transformer at the edge of the street that 4 houses use for power. It was explained that such things were "private" and Edenorte would not fix it. The pole, lines and transformer are not behind anyone's walls, but no matter, he said it was private.

I suppose I will have to go to Protecom (or whatever they are called now) next to see if I can get Edenorte to do their job.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
We had our own localized problem for the 6th time in two weeks when it rains the fuse blows to a transformer that supplies our house and three others.
I am the only one that reports such issues and was told at 3:45 PM yesterday they would come to fix it soon. Today, they still have not come and made the excuse it was because of the rain. OK, I can understand that. The rest of my area had power all night and still does. Edenorte says someone will come today, sometime, for sure...

Now, replacing the fuse for the 6th, 7th, etc. time will not fix the problem when it rains again. I had already gone to the local office in Cabarete this past week where I was told that Edenorte would NOT fix that issue of a failing high tension line each time it rains coming from the fuse on the power pole, under the street to a transformer at the edge of the street that 4 houses use for power. It was explained that such things were "private" and Edenorte would not fix it. The pole, lines and transformer are not behind anyone's walls, but no matter, he said it was private.

I suppose I will have to go to Protecom (or whatever they are called now) next to see if I can get Edenorte to do their job.
This is exactly why I'm looking to move to Veron and not Puerta Plata (which I would prefer). The EDEs are run by incompetents of the worst order. As I reported in another thread, we've been without luz for 38 of the last 42 hours. They don't know what they're doing. I don't mind paying more if we can have an electric company not run by boobs.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic

Yes, you should open a ticket. Follow up and make the complaints to the appropriate government department. All this will be resolved.

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I don't understand why the members of this board continue to blame incompetence. I guess I grew up with the mafia and union contracting life. Most people don't understand the mob builds shite to break. The Edes and their "contractors" are all one big shite show. If the "contractors" fix things correctly, then how will they get all that double time for re-fixing their mess at 2am on a Sunday. How will they back bill the Edes for the millions in faulty equipment obtained through RICOs

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

Good luck with that

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
This is exactly why I'm looking to move to Veron and not Puerta Plata (which I would prefer). The EDEs are run by incompetents of the worst order. As I reported in another thread, we've been without luz for 38 of the last 42 hours. They don't know what they're doing. I don't mind paying more if we can have an electric company not run by boobs.
Boobs is usually a desirable thing. You mean nincompoops

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Power seems to be off at least on circuit CABT102. It is not just our transformer this time. Since about 12:15 AM.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I guess that's the circuit I'm on because it went out here on the east side of Cabarete about 10 minutes ago, too.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I guess that's the circuit I'm on because it went out here on the east side of Cabarete about 10 minutes ago, too.
It is at least CABT102, but I expect all of Cabarete as well. Not sure if Sosua is also out at this time. Going on one hour.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
It is at least CABT102, but I expect all of Cabarete as well. Not sure if Sosua is also out at this time. Going on one hour.
Lights out in POP since 12pm... And now they sent the highest bill ever... Happy EDE customer here... Unbelievable..

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

I'll contribute a bit more on complaining about EDE: Recently (they have good months as well, believe it or not...), not only are they increasing rates and offering absolute s***ty service, but on top of that, I have experienced trouble even paying their bills... There are a few retail locations in POP where I usually pay the bills (in cash), but NONE of them have had EDENORTEs system up recently... It simply freezes... The only place I have been able to pay the bill has been the actual EDE office in POP, and that place looks very sad (a building in a bad condition) inside and outside... I wuold love to pay online, but their wonderful system refuses to accept my foreign card, and I do not have a local card... My wife does banking via BPD but we don't want to mess that with EDE...

• Sad
Reactions: windeguy

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes, you should open a ticket. Follow up and make the complaints to the appropriate government department. All this will be resolved.
Thanks, I had no idea after living here for 20 years how to do this.
What do you think I have been trying to do? I went to the office in Cabarete and was told it was my problem.

That is one example of what I mean by incompetence. It is rampant in the EDE's.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I don't understand why the members of this board continue to blame incompetence. I guess I grew up with the mafia and union contracting life. Most people don't understand the mob builds shite to break. The Edes and their "contractors" are all one big shite show. If the "contractors" fix things correctly, then how will they get all that double time for re-fixing their mess at 2am on a Sunday. How will they back bill the Edes for the millions in faulty equipment obtained through RICOs
You don't understand because you haven't a clue about this problem.
You describe incompetence and yet don't understand why it is too blame?
They don't build it to break. they build it badly because they are incompetent.
Then it breaks and needs fixing over and over again. You give them far too much credit for having the intelligence
to do this on purpose. I know because I actually have talked to every manager from Cabarete, to Puerto Plata and Santiago dealing with
multiple issues over the years.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I went to the office in Puerto Plata to speak with the manager to elevate the online and telephone reclamations I made and was turned away because their computer system was down. Another example of incompetence.

Power just came back on for CABT102. Probably everyone else from POP to Cabarete as well.

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
All the more reason to install solar and batteries plus a windmill and if applicable a stream turbine generator. If I were building I'd also be incorporating passive solar design and making use of shade trees, etc...

Self-sufficiency, especially in places like the DR, is essential, no? That goes for all aspects...home security, food, water, power...

• Love
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I went to the office in Puerto Plata to speak with the manager to elevate the online and telephone reclamations I made and was turned away because their computer system was down. Another example of incompetence.

Power just came back on for CABT102. Probably everyone else from POP to Cabarete as well.
Someone fell asleep on the OFF breaker. Glad they woke him or her up to go home.

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
You don't understand because you haven't a clue about this problem.
You describe incompetence and yet don't understand why it is too blame?
They don't build it to break. they build it badly because they are incompetent.
Then it breaks and needs fixing over and over again. You give them far too much credit for having the intelligence
to do this on purpose. I know because I actually have talked to every manager from Cabarete, to Puerto Plata and Santiago dealing with
multiple issues over the years.
Ordinarily I would give you the benefit of the doubt, but being the bitter man your are I will continue to disagree. It is planned incompetency of course it is. These aren't random acts of human stupidity. It is a racket. It is the textbook definition of a racket.

That said, the Edes don't have any sort of priority for your circuit. They have no priority for places like Boca Chica or Los Alcarrizos. They dope up the circuits were folks pay big bucks for electric. I don't care what kind of strong language you use old chap.