EDENorte North Coast: Electricity Outages & Restoration Announcements

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No power shortly after 10 AM today. Edenorte says all of Cabarete is off and they are working on the problem.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Power has been going on and off several times a day for the last 5 days or so here on the east side of Cabarete. The past couple days i have seen them putting in new high voltage lines in the area between Texaco and Martini bar.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Power out on CABT102 circuit about 6:25 PM with Edenorte incidence report 10890.
Edenorte has no prediction when power will be back on.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Power out on CABT102 circuit about 6:25 PM with Edenorte incidence report 10890.
Edenorte has no prediction when power will be back on.
The current outage is more localized to the Costa Azul area. La Colonia right next to Costa Azul has power.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Power off on at least part of CABT102: Edenorte says the power outage from 12:30 is from a transmission line problem. I saw no issues from Costa Azul to the CMC area moments ago and power was on along the highway. They say they are working on whatever it is.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I think I'm on CABT 101 on the eastside and power has been going on and off multiple times a days for a couple days now. Once again. I see an Edenorte repair truck a little east of the police station putting up new high voltage lines. They have now been in this same area between the police station and Cabarete East/Martini Bar for over a year putting up new high voltage lines.

Reactions: windeguy

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Main fuse blew for our small subset of CABT102. A report number was obtained.

What are the odds the Edenorte will send a crew tonight to fix it?

• Sad
Reactions: NanSanPedro

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Perla Marina has been off since 4pm SOSU101 Sunday 9th April and is still out as of 11:00pm . Anyone else off?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
They did send a repair crew 3 hours after the report.

They have been told multiple times about tree branches hitting power lines and have not showed up about that.
They never respond for maintenance issues - We have a totally rotten wood pole (severed at ground level) and leaning badly, being kept up only by the guy wire. The pole is leaning so bad the power line is only 3' off the ground. They came and saw it and decided to take no action.
When it falls I suspect they will send a crew

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
They never respond for maintenance issues - We have a totally rotten wood pole (severed at ground level) and leaning badly, being kept up only by the guy wire. The pole is leaning so bad the power line is only 3' off the ground. They came and saw it and decided to take no action.
When it falls I suspect they will send a crew
They don't even maintain their own website. I signed up for on line bill delivery which doesn't come. Used to be able to see the status of my meters on line, but no more, etc. I sent them on line messages to repair street lighting for over a year and when they came they fixed half of them.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
They don't even maintain their own website. I signed up for on line bill delivery which doesn't come. Used to be able to see the status of my meters on line, but no more, etc. I sent them on line messages to repair street lighting for over a year and when they came they fixed half of them.
Yeah - I have the same online issues. They told me it was an 'issue they are working on' 4 months ago.
I have a better one.
Since I never receive my bills in any manner anymore, I go in with my account numbers that I keep on my phone. Been doing it for a long time. Then I have the girl add them up and I pay one time with credit card
One time the girl typed one of the meter accounts wrong and my 1550 peso payment went to someone else's house in Puerto Plata.
I had left their office with all my bills and credit card receipt stapled together assuming all was good.
A month later when they sent a guy out to disconnect a meter I stopped him and said I have the receipts.
After going through each bill we realized the girl in the office had transposed two numbers on one account. EdeNorte's error, not mine.
I was told they could not credit my meter (the old you-never-get-a-refund in DR) but that I should contact the guy in Puerto Plata, whose account they credited, and have him reimburse me (but of course they could not share his contact information) - Yeah right - absolute morons.

Reactions: AlaninDR

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Yeah - I have the same online issues. They told me it was an 'issue they are working on' 4 months ago.
I have a better one.
Since I never receive my bills in any manner anymore, I go in with my account numbers that I keep on my phone. Been doing it for a long time. Then I have the girl add them up and I pay one time with credit card
One time the girl typed one of the meter accounts wrong and my 1550 peso payment went to someone else's house in Puerto Plata.
I had left their office with all my bills and credit card receipt stapled together assuming all was good.
A month later when they sent a guy out to disconnect a meter I stopped him and said I have the receipts.
After going through each bill we realized the girl in the office had transposed two numbers on one account. EdeNorte's error, not mine.
I was told they could not credit my meter (the old you-never-get-a-refund in DR) but that I should contact the guy in Puerto Plata, whose account they credited, and have him reimburse me (but of course they could not share his contact information) - Yeah right - absolute morons.
I would have become unhinged at that point.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I would have become unhinged at that point.
I only get unhinged at people trying to abuse animals or children. But I was pretty mad. OK I lost $30, but I lost $130 at Banco Santa Cruz when the ATM failed to despense my 8,000 pesos.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I only get unhinged at people trying to abuse animals or children. But I was pretty mad. OK I lost $30, but I lost $130 at Banco Santa Cruz when the ATM failed to despense my 8,000 pesos.
To me it's not the $, but the stupidity of it all. Any high school student could have reversed the transaction and shown the other person what happened. It's probably more laziness than stupidity. I despise them both.

Reactions: chico bill

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Seems to happen allover. I paid my monthly phone bill at a retail office. The clerk made an error typing in my phone number. The money I paid was credited to the wrong account. I did not notice the error when I looked at the payment receipt. When I did realize what had happened I went back with the receipt but apparently one has only 24 hours after a payment to bring any issues to their attention.

Seems to me that it should be easy to fix but apparently not. Edenorte is far from the only business/utility with a deplorable lack of basic customer service and responsiveness.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Seems to happen allover. I paid my monthly phone bill at a retail office. The clerk made an error typing in my phone number. The money I paid was credited to the wrong account. I did not notice the error when I looked at the payment receipt. When I did realize what had happened I went back with the receipt but apparently one has only 24 hours after a payment to bring any issues to their attention.

Seems to me that it should be easy to fix but apparently not. Edenorte is far from the only business/utility with a deplorable lack of basic customer service and responsiveness.
I guess it goes back to the comedian's axiom, "you can't fix stupid."

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have had all the above stupidity happen and more with Edenorte. Incredible stupidity from their management telling me we needed new power poles or they could not provide electricity 24/7, as well as attempts at extortion.

It appeared power was out in parts of Sosua today. They were working on the lines along he main highway. Power might have been out in Cabarete as well at some time today, but I just got home after leaving in the AM.