Education Cabinet seeks to find solution to hire the needed 20,000 public school teachers

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Docentes-de-Excelencia-INAFOCAM.jpg

Diario Libre reports that around 1,000 graduates of the Teachers of Excellence Program will be taken into account and hired by the Ministry of Education (Minerd) for the next school year. The contract would be for a year subject to assessment and the presentation of the degree by the recent graduates. The students had been excluded from the contest to hire public school teachers for the 2021-2022 school year because they had pending their formal graduations to receive their degrees. The students had completed their studies at Intec, Isfodosu, Unibe and Unphu.

Now that a majority of teachers did not make the minimum scores during the recent assessment, the Education Cabinet met to find a legal solution to the impediment for the Teachers of Excellence Program students to be hired. The government financed the program but the students were impeded from participating in the recent...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
It is amazing that they have reached those conclusions when a great deal of the applicants had their opportunity to take the test cancelled.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
It is amazing that they have reached those conclusions when a great deal of the applicants had their opportunity to take the test cancelled.
Amazing isn't the word for it. I was dumbstruck when I read they were not taken into consideration the first time because they didn't have graduation ceremonies due to COVID.

I suspect the person who made that original assessment won't be involved the second time around.

Were you able to capitalize on any of those applicants Bob?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
No kidding. You're not interested in anyone from the Teachers of Excellence Program?
If they present their resume I am sure they would get an interview, however we were forced to downsize by the pandemic and fired 15 employees and have decided not to have pre-kinder (3 year olds) because many of the parents walked away with paying what they owed. We retained the teachers we wanted and are limiting enrollment until there is a better idea on the future. We already have about 600 children enrolled.