Education level of dominicans

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Come on guys!!!!

A couple of more posts like that, and I can send it back to Anna, in the Men from Mars, DOING the Women from Venus, Forum.

AZB
Its very rare to meet a foreigner (male or female) who have actually found an educated, classy woman from a decent family (meaning: living in a concrete house with a car and a visa to usa).

Say that to me at Scott's turkey bash.
I will introduce you to my wife.

Comes from the town, we now live and work in.
Was the QC manager, in a plastic molding company.
Received her Bachelors ME, from NYIT.
Was a U.S. Citizen before I met her.

She is her own person.

Lets see what you have to say then.

Tim H.:cool:

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Aw, Tim, you're probably wasting your time! Azb met my wife at the Sosua bash in July, yet he still makes statements like that. My wife went to the US when she graduated from high school in the DR, so I think we can safely say she went with the educational foundation the DR used to provide (I suspect it has gone downhill some since then). She put herself through college while working and learning English, graduated with honors with a degree in Business Finance from Baruch College in NYC. By the time I met her 10 yrs after her arrival in the US, she was already a citizen and was in charge of sovereign debt at the world's 4th largest bank. This lady studied for her CPA while taking care of our newborn twins, yet was among the only 15% in the entire US who passed all three parts of the exam the first time. Later went on to be a VP at a multinational bank, now an auditor for an international org. And most definitely her own person!

No, she was not rich & privileged in the DR. No, she did not go to Carol Morgan or any other high-falutin' private school. She got a solid education in DR, and with hard work and belief in herself she went far with that foundation.

So, it can be done, folks!

Regards,
Keith

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Tim I said its rare to find a couple like that, I never said its "impossible". Stephen (SJH) has found a very decent dominican woman who is not only educated but also from a decent family. He met her in USA. So yes, there are some folks who don't fit my example but we both know we are not talking about the 1% of the visible population.
There is nothing wrong with marrying an uneducated, or even a poor girl if that is not important to you. I am simply amazed to see those highly intellectual guys interacting with those girls, whom they have very little in common.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
I can give one more example that I told Rob on the phone today:

I want to get a thermometer, to put on the wall of my office. Yes, I'd like to know how hot it is in degrees, people often ask me.

So I sent my assistant out to buy one. Any idea what she brought back?

A MEAT thermometer!!

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Me too, but that's just so he can run interference so nobody will crush all the packages I'm carrying after spending all his money.
mk
;)

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
is a matter of control....

An assertive woman w/ not adapt well into the scheme of things.

Last edited: