Eggs

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Maybe those are imported eggs from the USA vs Dominican created eggs?

There is an issue right now concerning rice as US rice will now be able to enter duty free into the DR. Dominican rice producers are not happy about this. Many think they will not be able to compete and rice production will disappear in the DR (along with that the thousands of jobs in rice production, including thousands of Haitians in the rice paddies.) Representatives of US rice producers were recently in SD, further increasing the worry among Dominican rice producers.
1674077260570.png

1674077801244.png

Last edited:

zeferus

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
To recap the other thread, if eggs are washed at the farm then they need to be refrigerated from the farm to the home. If not washed, they stay at room temperature. USA and Canada washed their eggs right at the farm, the eggs I have seen in DR were not washed.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
So while I forgot to check at Bravo, I did check at Ole this morning. The 30 carton stacks all have the sticker. All are unrefrigerated. I'm wondering if it's a CYA thing for Don Crichi
I think it best to follow all the advise and postings that was on this subject in "the last tread on eggs". The tread had all the reasons why/how etc regarding refrigerator.Since I travel back and forth a good deal that tread has guided me well since it was published.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
So while I forgot to check at Bravo, I did check at Ole this morning. The 30 carton stacks all have the sticker. All are unrefrigerated. I'm wondering if it's a CYA thing for Don Crichi
Perhaps the producer is obeying the letter of the law.
The grocer either...
1...Didn't get the memo.
or
2...Doesn't have available refrigeration facility.
or
3...Forgot to advise the guys stocking the shelves.
or
The guys stocking the shelves either...
1...Didn't get the memo.
or
2...They are too incompetent to follow the bosses orders.
or
3...They are too lazy.

The list could go on and on.

• Haha
Reactions: CristoRey

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Bottom line for me. In over 20 years buying the eggs sold here where NO store refrigerates the eggs I have not had ONE BAD EGG.............But I did encounter a few 'bad eggs" while shopping........

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Silly boys. The major supermarkets all have A/C. That's your cooling! :LOL:

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
There is a phone number and email contact on the packaging. Should be a simple task to contact them and ask for clarification on the necessity to refrigerate the product at the store and at home.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Silly boys. The major supermarkets all have A/C. That's your cooling! :LOL:

You may be joking, but that helps a lot.

I dont use A/C, and in the summer time I cant leave stuff like sliced bread sitting out, it has to go in the fridge or it goes mouldy fairly fast.