El Catey Airport (Samana) - Photos

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
chill

the airport in samana is sked for Nov 1, but chill,it'll open when it opens.

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
tflea, we've been waiting for 20 years since Balaguer promised us an international airport so maybe you can understand why those of us directly affected by the traffic it will bring to us on the peninsula are more than just a little excited with anticipation. We're chillin',...but also thrillin'!

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
Watch out who you're callin' old! I was chillin' in the 60's, probably about time you were born.

I'm a young 62 with the heart of an 11 year old,...I know my cardiologist said so when he recently installed a stent keeping me 6' above ground level. And thrillin? You're darn right. I'm just thrilled to be here to see the airport come alive.

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
No I'm from the east coast of Florida, racing capitol of the world as a matter of fact. And yes, we do have a drive in church there. Durn place looks like a Walmart parking lot every Sunday.

Now Jasper is a friend, but a twin he ain't (better for him-LOL). 'Course he's from way north, even beyond where the yankees live so I won't claim him.

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
from northeast forum

Signature Vacations will be offering direct flights from Canada to Samana beginning:

YYZ: 21 Dec
YOW: 19 Dec (via POP)
YUL: 21 Dec

They will carry the following hotels:

Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo
Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa
Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado
Viva Wyndham Samana
Cacao Beach

Lasia

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
nolitours / book direct to samana

from their website:

VACATION PACKAGE . Step 5 - Availability confirmed
DEPARTURE/ RETURN Flight no. Date Dep. time Arr. time
MONTREAL(TRUDEAU) - SAMANA TS 00A 08JAN2007 00:00 00:00
SAMANA - MONTREAL(TRUDEAU) TS 0AA 15JAN2007 00:00 00:00

Hotel Room Meal Code Occ.
CASA MARINA BAY SDA DOUBLE OCCUPANCY

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
airport

She'll open Nov 1 come hell or high water! That is the expectation and obligation. Lots of interest from the major players........so we'll see.....
Aint nuthin certain in this world, but I think the date will be made.
t

Kristylt

Jul 31, 2006
new to this forum

I've been looking all over the place for info on El Catey airport . You guys seem to have your finger on the pulse. Looking forward to knowing about flights direct from NYC.

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
dr1 travel news sept 12th

still looking good. i guess us origin carriers have to wait until FAA approval of airport:

Serving El Catey
El Catey International Airport in Samana expects to open this winter season offering services from Germany (LTU and Condor), Canada (Air Transat and Sky Service) and Italy (Neos). Construction work by Aerodom is proceeding at a fast pace in order to have the airport operational as scheduled.

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
Just curious...
We'll have dozens of airports in the Dominican Republic, but...
When are we going to have our own airline?
Hello! Hello! Is anybody there? Hello!

Hahahaha!

james

Jan 14, 2002
You had one! It was called AIR DOMINICANA.
You have forgotten so quickly.

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
I'm gonna open my own airlines. Aerochichigua for Intl flights with hub at Las Americas Intl and Capuchin Express for domestic flights and flight within the Caribbean.

Jun 5, 2004
LOL FLAKKO I LIKE THAT ONE. Dominican Airlines never succed for two reasons. They are never on time (offer the worst service) and their own people do not fly them. So who the heck is suppose to fly them?

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
Maybe This Could Be Why

LOL FLAKKO I LIKE THAT ONE. Dominican Airlines never succed for two reasons. They are never on time (offer the worst service) and their own people do not fly them. So who the heck is suppose to fly them?
Chartered Plane Crashes into Caribbean, 189 Thought Dead The Turkish-owned Boeing 757, leased to a Dominican airline, was only minutes out of the resort town of Puerto Plata and had reached an altitude of about 7,000 feet when it abruptly turned back toward land and then disappeared from radar screens