El Flow 1st year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
I meant do you only get it in a bag in colmados,it has a little serviette around it at most bars does it not.

I've noticed in the daytime, they will serve you the beer in a brown paper bag and at night they will give it to you with the napkin wrapped around it. Perhaps it has something to do with the moisture "con vestida de novia" around the bottle and keeping the drinkers hands dry? It's still a colmado and many dominicans will stop in for un pequena fria para lleva, so they put it in brown bag for you. Other colmados do the same.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
How 'Bout the Shooting

On the big first b'day bash. Local guy nicknamed Sassa? Took one in the foot? Now at the new clinic in Sosua? Not self-inflicted btw.

Chrismic

Mar 28, 2008
When I was in Sosua last April I spoke with a beach bar owner about El Flow and why beer there was much cheaper than other bars on the strip and elsewhere in town. There always was a good crowd in the late afternoons. I asked why other bar owners don't follow suit to drum up business. I was told that the owner of El Flow is able to buy his beer at a lower wholesale rate and his tax payment on his purchases are much less than what other bar owners pay. Does any of that sound right? Do you think somebody is getting a cut of the action from El Flow? Or is it just a bunch of bs from the competition? Whatever, I'll be there this Friday as I make my 5th trip to the DR. Sounds like El Flow has a solid " business model". I'll be happy to keep an extra 50 pesos in my pocket at all times.

I spoke with a owner of a bar close to El Flow, And he said they pay the same price of a beer 50 peso, so he believed they sold drugs there too, since it was no profit on selling beers . Well, that was his words.
I normally visit El Flow when I go out in Sosua, have been friend with one of the security guards, well, I buy him some beer.
Sometimes is it funny to speak some of the locals, since I can little Spanish.

And it is also great to see that Dominicans also own some places, not only foreigners

But I always very careful there, since I see El Flow like a Dominican place and believe you easy can fast get in trouble if you don't show some respect.

And they will take over the X club, that will be fun, often lesser peoeple and fewer girls there than Classico.

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
But I always very careful there, since I see El Flow like a Dominican place and believe you easy can fast get in trouble if you don't show some respect.
QUOTE]

That should be the norm to all gringos all the time everywhere...

Few years back I was in Classico and this guy asked me to buy him a beer ( I already had a few already ) when my local friends just whiskered me away in no time, apparently he was a major local tigre just looking to be a tigre...it never happened since, yet I do go reguraly to the billiard place in Cabarete ( first floor in the middle of the strip ) where you tend to find only dominicansand although I've seen some guns raised I never had an issue...like everywhere in the world, know your surroundings, be aware and have common sense.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
How 'Bout the Shooting On the big first b'day bash. Local guy nicknamed Sassa? Took one in the foot? .

Kind of sounds like a bad western where they try to make a cowboy dance by shooting at his feet...

OK Hombre, Bachata......bang........OOPS....lo siento

So what was it, two Dominicans?

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
Not good for business having a shooting at the place. I thought there was no crime in the tourist areas? Hopefully they caught the shooter and everyone is ok. Its definitely dangerous being in large crowds like that when someone shoots off a gun as innocent bystanders can get hit and the chaos it usually causes can get other innocent people hurt.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
You obviously don't frequent Sosua, The place never emptied out,just take the injured to the hospital and the party continues.Not bad for business at all.

It was probably only one shot, and from a small caliber with the music blaring and over before everybody realized what happened...

kacuni

Nov 16, 2008
I simply don't like the place because there are too many people for a little bar like that. And so it get's too hot in there, no, thanks. I prefer Latino's. :bunny:

kacuni

Nov 16, 2008
Like I said, it was full - everyday. And I meant the outside tables. Though it was even hot out there just because so many people were standing and sitting there. Like in Classico's when it's too crowded. :ermm:

Ben

Feb 2, 2004
Great prices, cold beer and Dominican music. For me that's a winning combination.

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
i dont care for el flow.

however, to be fair, i should note, i never went inside. only walked through on my way to latinos and classico.

it just was really, REALLY crowded every night, and mostly local. mae me feel very unwelcome.

perhaps i WAS welcome.. i just felt like i wasnt. when i walked through, it seemed that all eyes were on me .. like .. "why is this gringo here sleeping with our women ,and now walking through our bar"

and as mentioned earlier in the thread.. there was no shortage of ladies groping as you walked through.

i felt "at home" at latino's .. even if i was paying too much for far too many santo libre's :)

Status
Not open for further replies.