El Quemaito vs. Pontevedra near Barahona!!!!

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
TOTALLY recommend Quemaito!!!!! Forget the others.. Playa Azul would be the second choice.. I live in Barahona, and I would have to say El Quemaito is the best.

Yacine

Oct 23, 2005
interested in Cienaga

Hi MAriposazul

would you consider experiencing something different this time? in La Cienaga the women cooperative rents rooms within family houses (refurbished with micro credits and accommodated for tourits). more "roots", no A/C, but much cheaper and social benefits for the communityt 100% of the income goes to the women coop . they also have full packages and other attractions see www.guanavaneturas.com. If not have look at their handcrafts and specility etcnic food when you are around (try pavellon de rey al coco)

Quemaito is full.

Pontevedra is $1600 pp--for dinner and breakfast included
Playa Azul----$1200 pp--for only breakfast

Looking for best accomidation--clean w/ AC...pool, food, beach....

HELP ME CHOOSE! :D

nina23

Oct 31, 2008
Hi MAriposazul

would you consider experiencing something different this time? in La Cienaga the women cooperative rents rooms within family houses (refurbished with micro credits and accommodated for tourits). more "roots", no A/C, but much cheaper and social benefits for the communityt 100% of the income goes to the women coop . they also have full packages and other attractions see www.guanavaneturas.com. If not have look at their handcrafts and specility etcnic food when you are around (try pavellon de rey al coco)

You probably meant GuanAventuras
;)

barahonafan

Apr 16, 2015
now Hotel El Quemaito a nice facebook page https://www.facebook.com/HotelElQuemaito and they renovated the rooms

11073576_391947460985693_1678493482975299133_n.jpg

very luxury rooms and still cheaper than others in the area