Electricity Deposit

chrisdr

Oct 7, 2012
Well we just had a huge shock! Just been to edesur to get our new business connected and had to pay 28,000 pesos deposit - crazy! And it wasn't the Gringo factor, my wife went to sort it. How can it be that much!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"JD", yes things were "Worse" 20 years ago, but much easier to "Steal" what little "Juice" they supplied!
I had 12 batteries on my inverter back then, went to 8 after that, and now only have 4!
I have, "So-Called" "24/7" service, but it still goes off several times a day.
When it is off for 8 hours,or MORE, I have a generator to run thr house, and re-charge the batteries.
If I had a service in the owner's or previous tenant's name, I would just keep paying that bill.
Changing to your name involves a hastle with the electric co. and fees.
AND, when you leave, you can stick the owner/tenent with your last bills!
Also remember to "Live Out" your security deposit, otherwise you will lose that money.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Well we just had a huge shock! Just been to edesur to get our new business connected and had to pay 28,000 pesos deposit - crazy! And it wasn't the Gringo factor, my wife went to sort it. How can it be that much!

The previous tenants had an outstanding bill of 28k, happens frequently with businesses. There's a hotel in Sosua that had a 2million peso bill that had to be sorted before they could reopen.

faer

Jan 6, 2005
well, my experience in 2005 when i rented an brand new appartment in Serralles was that i had to pay a fee of over US1500!!!!
it was a total scam and with the help of a very well connected neighbour, i finally paid rd3000!!! i just stated that i would live alone, no AC, no tv, no lights, no microwave, my showers would be on cold water and clothes washed at the laundry!!! when i left 2 years later, i did not bother to ask for a refund...