Elvis Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
As far as I know it's still open and still run by Elvis, although I haven't been past for a while. However, it isn't like it used to be. It's now a pizza restaurant called something else like "El Patron".

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Sadly if you want anything that tastes like pizza in the DR you have to go to Pizza Hut, Dominos or any other NA pizza chain. The rest tastes like ketchup on crackers. And not even Heinz on good soda biscuits just crappy Dominican ketchup (catsup) on stale crackers.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
The best Pizza I have had in the 🇩🇴 :

Pirates Bay
Located in Sosua

Everyone's tastes are different but I thought Pirate Bay's pizza was just okay,I would take Ceiba Cafe or Nelson's over Pirate Bay any day and I'm from the Boston area and have had a good pizza or two in my life....

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
And you didn't leave a review? :)
Not a member of TripAdvisor.
Besides everyone tastes are different.
Not really a pizza connoisseur. My thing is Bourbon.

But I ever get tired of sitting at my table on rail, feeling the tropical breeze and looking out at the beach while eating the excellent pizza they serve me at Pirates Bay maybe I will check out the suggestions our DR1 pizza expert has given us in post #9.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Not a member of TripAdvisor.
Besides everyone tastes are different.
Not really a pizza connoisseur. My thing is Bourbon.

But I ever get tired of sitting at my table on rail, feeling the tropical breeze and looking out at the beach while eating the excellent pizza they serve me at Pirates Bay maybe I will check out the suggestions our DR1 pizza expert has given us in post #9.
Never said I was an expert Mr. Know It All,I clearly stated that everyone's tastes are different....

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I heard the pizza isn't the main product offered
I just spoke to my friend who has been there a couple of times for pizza and to watch sport. He says there's definitely no funny business on offer, at least openly. My friend couldn't be described as naïve and knows what it used to be like. Of course, I'm sure Elvis still has his old contacts if you require anything extra, Hijo!

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Sadly if you want anything that tastes like pizza in the DR you have to go to Pizza Hut, Dominos or any other NA pizza chain. The rest tastes like ketchup on crackers. And not even Heinz on good soda biscuits just crappy Dominican ketchup (catsup) on stale crackers.
Try ceibas pizza ask for American crust… also Nelson has good pizza

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
Pizza en
The best Pizza I have had in the 🇩🇴 :

Pirates Bay
Located in Sosua

I like the pizza here. Service is good too. Gianlucca and Maria are cool.
The brick oven pizza in New garden is also very good, as JD mentioned. BTW, the owners of Pirates Bay used to run the restaurant in New Garden

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
In my opinion the best pizzas in the area are 1. La Ceiba located in Perla Marina. 2. The pizza place in the food park opposite Coconut Palms (can't remember the name of the place but the owner used to own Pomodoros on Cabarete beach years ago). 3. Pirates Bay in Sosua. 4. Bologna (much better now than they used to be, and the food in general is much better and just about everything is ready in 15 minutes). 5. Nelsons in Sosua. 6. Pomodoros on Cabarete beach

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
In my opinion the best pizzas in the area are 1. La Ceiba located in Perla Marina. 2. The pizza place in the food park opposite Coconut Palms (can't remember the name of the place but the owner used to own Pomodoros on Cabarete beach years ago). 3. Pirates Bay in Sosua. 4. Bologna (much better now than they used to be, and the food in general is much better and just about everything is ready in 15 minutes). 5. Nelsons in Sosua. 6. Pomodoros on Cabarete beach
had a pizza at coconuts on hideaway beach and it was excellent

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Ceiba quality control on delivery has gone through the floor. I do agree it used to be a top notch pie (relatively of course). Upon our return from a one year sabbatical in Samana, the quality had exponentially diminished. Antonio was the guy at Pomodoro that made that pie famous. It's a far cry from his standards now.

Status
Not open for further replies.