Emergency Message From US Embassy

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Not a good day for a newbie to insult a long standing well respected poster.

Not only erased from DR1 but washed through our spam-o-matic system.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
no, i am being honest. and i am right in every word. those are the people who have been more privileged than anyone else. that live in a houses provided by the government, use power and water that is subsidized by the government and all they can do is demand more.

People who get the government to build them a house are not the ones out there protesting. They talk wonders about the government and, most of the time, they are also able to get freebies and jobs. No one is going to talk bad about the government or participate in demonstrations if they are GOOD, even if their neighbors` homes are falling apart.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
aguaita: all kinds of people get free government housing. lots of those folks are hard working, honest, good dominicans. but many received the housing as a part political favours and/or loud mouth.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Not a good day for a newbie to insult a long standing well respected poster.

Not only erased from DR1 but washed through our spam-o-matic system.

slightly off topic alert:

Robert... if you have a "spam-o-matic"... I WANT ONE. Can I get it from an infomercial like Ron Popeil? LIke a Veg-O-matic??? LOL

now... back to the program. LOL

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
aguaita: all kinds of people get free government housing. lots of those folks are hard working, honest, good dominicans. but many received the housing as a part political favours and/or loud mouth.

You stated that people get stuff like free housing and then go out to protest. My point is that it`s very unlikely to find someone who got a free house out there protesting. I`m not saying that they are not good people!

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
So I am now living in SFM.. Before moving here my husband said, I don't know if its a good idea there are lots of huelgas here.. And I'm like.. sure they have helgas all over.. I've been through many of them we stay indoors, etc.. He said well they are very "Caliente" I said ah.. blah..

BOY OH BOY.. Where I come from (New York) Kids wear their pajamas backwards put a spoon under their pillow and crazy other things in hopes to get a snow day. Kids here are just excited for a huelga. When I tell you that the ENTIRE town has talked about this Huelga for the past 4 days.. Make sure you have EVERYTHING you need.. blah blah.. My mother in law has called non stop she is so worried.. She has EVEN come 1 hour away to stay with us.. (Luckily I love her).. Well what the heck was I thinking?!??!! LTSTEVE mentioned about the leftover burned tires, etc.. Yes SFM streets ALWAYS are staiend from these tires.. Well I can tell you.. it's been a VERY nerve wrecking day. We couldn't go anywhere, of course I ran out of cooking gas and we can't leave till Thursday!! Luckily my neighbor is my brother in law.. but I hate depending on people.. We hear the gun shots, the gray smoke is going to kill us all... and the "Exciting News" as people come to tell us about this one and that one shot, or businesses ruined.. etc.. Its just been a crazy day.. and I can't wait to get through tomorrow. I'm a worry wart anyway.. but this just takes the cake!!

I've been through huelgas in the capital, in barahona, etc.. but NEVER like this... I will be looking to leave SFM soon ;)

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
So I am now living in SFM.. Before moving here my husband said, I don't know if its a good idea there are lots of huelgas here.. And I'm like.. sure they have helgas all over.. I've been through many of them we stay indoors, etc.. He said well they are very "Caliente" I said ah.. blah..

BOY OH BOY.. Where I come from (New York) Kids wear their pajamas backwards put a spoon under their pillow and crazy other things in hopes to get a snow day. Kids here are just excited for a huelga. When I tell you that the ENTIRE town has talked about this Huelga for the past 4 days.. Make sure you have EVERYTHING you need.. blah blah.. My mother in law has called non stop she is so worried.. She has EVEN come 1 hour away to stay with us.. (Luckily I love her).. Well what the heck was I thinking?!??!! LTSTEVE mentioned about the leftover burned tires, etc.. Yes SFM streets ALWAYS are staiend from these tires.. Well I can tell you.. it's been a VERY nerve wrecking day. We couldn't go anywhere, of course I ran out of cooking gas and we can't leave till Thursday!! Luckily my neighbor is my brother in law.. but I hate depending on people.. We hear the gun shots, the gray smoke is going to kill us all... and the "Exciting News" as people come to tell us about this one and that one shot, or businesses ruined.. etc.. Its just been a crazy day.. and I can't wait to get through tomorrow. I'm a worry wart anyway.. but this just takes the cake!!

I've been through huelgas in the capital, in barahona, etc.. but NEVER like this... I will be looking to leave SFM soon ;)

San Francisco is one of the most caliente towns when it comes to huelgas. I know 3 people who have had rocks thrown at their cars and their windshields shattered during huelgas there!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
San Francisco is one of the most caliente towns when it comes to huelgas. I know 3 people who have had rocks thrown at their cars and their windshields shattered during huelgas there!

That's right. I've been here since '86 and SFM has always been known for its huelgas.

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
One way or another

When you grow up in a dead end society,regardless of you busting your ass in school to amount to nothing unless you know someone,then you shall be entitled to those brainless statements.I love it when expats complain about the DR.THe only reason why you guys are here it's not merely the weather but because you couldn't separate yourselves from the rest of society with your euros and dollars.Maybe you are "highclass" in DR,but mentally.....let me save myself from a "vacation".You don't like it,go back to your home country where no "low class individual complains to the government "

no, i am being honest. and i am right in every word. those are the people who have been more privileged than anyone else. that live in a houses provided by the government, use power and water that is subsidized by the government and all they can do is demand more.

they want change yet they are ready to sell their vote for a price of a chicken. they demand sorting out the drainage problem yet they throw the rubbish directly onto the street.

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
I guess you call being privileged having a Tin roof and every time it rains you have to carry your electro domestics and mattress to higher ground.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I guess you call being privileged having a Tin roof and every time it rains you have to carry your electro domestics and mattress to higher ground.

Privileges, as everything else in life, is a relative concept, ma fren...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

how about having a nice, lovely air conditioning on all night? because they pay a flat rate for power regardless of the usage?