Emergency... out of hours telephone number for Edenorte

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Does anyone have an emergency out of hours telephone number for Edenorte??

We have a mains cable down which is 'live' and has caused a fire where it has fallen on the field leading to our house from La Catalina. It is potentially highly dangerous at this moment - anyone who has a number or can help would be greatly appreciated... thanks.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Panic over.... someone obviously had a contact and the power to get something done as we now have 'luz' back so a repair has been done, thank goodness.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Panic over.... someone obviously had a contact and the power to get something done as we now have 'luz' back so a repair has been done, thank goodness.

Surprised repairs were made so fast, normally 3 to 4 people need to die before they move their collective a$$e$......

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Surprised repairs were made so fast, normally 3 to 4 people need to die before they move their collective a$$e$......

Sorry, but I have to disagree slightly with this statement.... on the only other occasion during our 4 years of living here that a power line has come down and been in a highly dangerous condition, it was also given top priority and repaired extremely quickly.

I would agree, though, that it may have something to do with the status of the person who reports the fault! i.e. a very highly respected Dominican as opposed to a mere gringa!!

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
My personal experience with Edenorte have not been very good. one time they cut the wires on one side of a post and left as the wind blew the wires on the other side of the post dropped to within 4 feet of the ground it only took five phone calls and three days to fix it. Another time the fuse had blown they came and looked at it and said the would not fix it because they thought one person on the street did not pay their bill. Two and a 1/2 days before they changed the fuse. My next door neighbor was one day late on paying his bill and they where there to cut him off the other neighbor Dominican is now 6 months behind in his bill and he still has electricity. This is only a few of my experiences with Edenorte

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
FYI their 24hr number is 809 583 1844.
I think it is a call centre in Santiago. You will need your NIC number.

Although my experiences with them have always been pretty dire. Even this week, the transformer in the street that supply's the last three houses on the road blew up. After four days of phone calls, they finally came out, took one look at it and said that because it was a ground based transformer supplied by an underground cable that it wasn't their responsibility.

When I asked him who else was authorised to isolate a 7200V high tension line, he said "No one, just us".

So I argued that how could it not be their responsibility. He said that it was because the neighbourhood was a private project. Even though it isn't. it isn't a gated community, has street lights and we have heard a strong rumour that the ajuntamiento are going to asphalt the road soon.

In the end I managed to "persuade" the young man into fixing the transformer!

But just like mart1n has mentioned, they will be round to cut you off the day after your bill expires!

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I guess you don't know what kind of people lives around there!!! I was told that Bill gates owns a villa in this place.:paranoid:

JJ

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
My personal experience with Edenorte have not been very good. one time they cut the wires on one side of a post and left as the wind blew the wires on the other side of the post dropped to within 4 feet of the ground it only took five phone calls and three days to fix it. Another time the fuse had blown they came and looked at it and said the would not fix it because they thought one person on the street did not pay their bill. Two and a 1/2 days before they changed the fuse. My next door neighbor was one day late on paying his bill and they where there to cut him off the other neighbor Dominican is now 6 months behind in his bill and he still has electricity. This is only a few of my experiences with Edenorte

Whirleybird, This is exactly my point,you may be one of the lucky one's.