Emmigrating to the dominican republic ? cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
I'm getting a few HOMO- PHOBIC Vibes......"Not that there's anything wrong with that" as Jerry Seinfeld used to say..............funny I never quite looked at the NFL the way you do....I'm too busy watching the Bone crunching HITS....the PINPOINT PASSING....The skill of the running backs....and of course THE CHEERLEADERS.......but thats just me..............but I must admit....... it's true........ you learn something new everyday......

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
I have a great sense of humor....It's just my 2 centavos....I know what your thinking He's an American I can tell by the way he spelled humor.......and yes I am a mind reader.........Thought for the day.......A FRIEND IN NEED IS A PEST.......

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
and Rocky's beer is way cheaper than oshays.... rd100 for a grande at rocky's... and rd170 at oshays....i guess for the 70 pesos you have a better view of the ocean, but if its football and beer Rocky's is the place to be.....IMO

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
golf! golf! golf! anybody that plays golf most likely has enough money to live anywhere and live the "good life". so if you are a golfer you could be on the west coast of florida and "raving" about tampa.....
i "lived" in florida for more than twenty years and i know the difference between retired golfers and people that live in florida.
this island plays baseball, take your golf and shove it. there are people here that have more problems than the correct tee-time.....
so, you seem to be from the U.K., that makes you related to sarah ferguson, @$3^&8 caught on tape.......shove golf....tiger woods,,,,,las vegas,,,,,,,,,,,give me some steroids and i hit "hon rons".....that is the DR, not some bubble in golf land............then when your home is burgled you're all piZZed off, this country suxxks,

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Colin Robinson......... I must say Your writing skills are to be admired......not by me of course........A little constructive criticism......Rambling.....wordiness.....Remember Readers Digest? How they CONDENSED all of their stories...............I get the feeling that you could clear out a room pretty quick........just a passing thought........

Colin Robinson

Sep 6, 2007
Colin Robinson......... I must say Your writing skills are to be admired......not by me of course........A little constructive criticism......Rambling.....wordiness.....Remember Readers Digest? How they CONDENSED all of their stories...............I get the feeling that you could clear out a room pretty quick........just a passing thought........

....as you clear out of the room I'm in, I guess? Or is it simply that the deepest thoughts you can sustain are merely "passing"???

Joking apart, It's a plasure to know someone who is intimiately acquainted with the practices of the Readers Digest has bothered to reply to my little thread...Better still to know one is still alive! And after all this time...!

Thank you for your constructive criticism as I simply ACHE to add you to my list of admirers.... I will, of course, do my best to be more Rambling and Wordy in future posts.

amparocorp - I know what you mean! In England, most Golfers drive the larger model BMW's and are only concerned that their ridiculously coloured(spelt with a "U" for those of you from countries that don't speak proper English!) trousers clash with their textured upholstery! There are some amongst us (like wot I is) who just enjoy the game as a chance to get away from the missus for seven or eight hours at a time (and yes, it does take us that long to play a round, 'cos we're THAT bad!). We don't pay thousands of dollars to join exclusive clubs, just play on Council courses that only charge by the round and let clowns like us loose on their pitches. Suspend your dislike for just long enough to play 19 holes with a player of my superb quality (I play off a simple handicap - my entire bloomin' game!) and, with a few beers in your trolley, you might just think again...? Although if you're going into raptures over Rounders which is too easy for even our little girlies to play, perhaps you are beyond hope of salvation.....?

hammerdown I like you're thinking mate! 70 pesos PER cold one is well worth talking about! Will you be there for the England games? For the tip off, I'll even buy you one!

And finally, iamcanadian. I save the best for last! A lovely lady who instantly admits to her flaws, although there is much worse to be than Canadian and three nationalities spring instantly to mind but I won't mention them here as I already seem to be upsetting people too much (sorry rice&beans!) but being English in a former life, you can probably guess who I mean? Thanks for your kind words about starting this thread - I was an entertainer in a former life - but behind the humour (spelled correctly! Sorry rice&beans), I meant what I said. If you have any questions you can't find the answer to, simply PM (that's private message, not David Cameron by the way) to Whirleybird or Nikki Simon and they will tell you all you need to know! Or of course, you could post a thread here and like me, subject yourself to the wit of others....and yes, that IS more fun, but if it's answers you want...? It's up to you of course.
I have no idea how to bookmark threads I'm afraid (bet Nikki & Whirleybird do...) but when I first started my research, I opened a Word file and cut and pasted the interesting bits in there which meant I could read through it all again and agian without the drivel that accompanies it. Glad to see that after Monty Python's Lumberjack Song, you made the distinction about being a good FEMALE Canadian girl! tee hee! No more about that in case Rick won't let me in to watch the (REAL) footy....
I'm also glad to see that you share my views about the gay-me that is American football. Although you didn't actually say so, you clearly suggest that you fully understand the raw, and MANLY emotion that follows a goal being scored in True Footy! The odd Sol Campbell apart (boo hiss!), everyone knows that ALL players of proper football are not at all gay and anyway, it is good to see highly-trained, masculine men like these can show their emotional side. So there!
Hope you make it out here if even for just a few months (which is the stage we're at) as it really opens your eyes. Judging by your sense of humour, if your husband is worthy of that role, the two of you will fit right in! C'mon, take a leap - your Mum did and look where that took you....

Oh, and sorry rice&beans...

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
oops! canadian, splains it all, i do like molson, and all those gay mounties, i mean let's face facts, who, but a downright flamer would wear such a uniform? welcome to the DR and all the nutcakes that permeate the internet, i love it, i get to insult entire countries with a keystroke and people take it serious.............

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Colin Robinson.......I have to admit.....You do amuse me.....your writing is clearly off the charts!! And for that I must say thank you.........you really are funny......The pure genius of your writing is........ your not trying to be funny...........BUT YOU ARE HILARIOUS.........I'm pretty thick skinned......so you don't have to apologize.....and you are not upsetting me.....I really do enjoy your posts....As far as humor.....I won't argue about a word....or try to correct you.....where I live......That is the correct spelling.....by the way .....notice the wordiness and the rambling....OMG....... I've become you..........LOL......Have a great night.................

iamcanadian

May 17, 2010
Ooooh yes, the Mounties are really something, aren't they? Dig the hats and johdpurs....spooky! Well, Colin, I must say that by the way you write I'm not at all surprised you were an entertainer....I'm very entertained by this thread.

When we get our poop together we will be venturing to Luperon. We've already made friends with some expats and locals there. Lovely place, off the beaten trail but with enough amenities to keep us comfy. We are coming down June 25th on a recon mission. More info and beer drinking. One of these trips we will make it over to Cabarete and look you up. Should be a hoot! You get to wear the mountie uniform......lol

Cheers all

Mar 2, 2008
Boy, if I instigated any of this anamosity I apologize.

Everyone seems so serious and rigidly uptight. A real Monty Python moment.

I was simply attempting to interject a tad bit of humor (humour) into an otherwise bland and staid (typically British) conversation. No harm intended.

East side, west side, all around the town! It's all good, except for of course Chelsea,

i

iamcanadian

May 17, 2010
Not sure what you mean, Catcherintherye. There's no animosity just good old fashioned teasing. I also also don't find any of the comments "bland" or "staid". Wet-your-pants funny is what I'd call it. tthhppppth (raspberry)

Mar 2, 2008
jr, I think I read that book. Was it bland and staid, or was it wet-your-pants funny? I forget.

Anyway, this is the most fun I've had since Howdy was a tree. I look forward to meeting Colin in person. At that time I can more clearly and fairly judge his stand-up comedy routine. Timing is everything. I'll post a review.

Colin Robinson

Sep 6, 2007
I think this is wearing out a bit so let me say as my final contribution to this thread....

I'M SORRY

I started this thread intending to make some humerous observations about the DR and this forum in particular, to tell newcomers to DR1 what a GREAT place it is to find informative and worthwhile information about this country but to accept the few cynics as being the price that must be paid for the gems it contains and most of all, to permanently record my special praise and thanks to Nikki Simon and Whirleybird.

I was delighted when this thread attracted what I took to be other humourous contributions and took on it's own direction but it was never my intention to upset or offend anyone - honestly. I recently read through a thread about street children in Sosua and, subject apart, it was sad to see such kind and caring contributors misunderstand each other - because I am sure that is what it was - and end up running each other down. It seems my feeble attempt at humour appears to be going the same way, so, once and for all:-

* I did not mean to offend anyone
* I have not taken any offence at anything that has been said or anyone who has said it - I've even offered to buy rice&beans a drink, THAT's how thick skinned I am!!!
* This was all meant - and taken - in good spirit
* I'm sorry, but American Football IS gay (except for the Cheerleaders)!
* Rounders is a silly game
* Netball is for bean-poles
* Tottenham Hotspur rool!
* I think I'm in love with iamcanadian...?

I've been Colin Robinson - thank you ver' much!

(Extra large) ttttttttttttthhpppppppppppppttttthhhhhh!

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2008
Humor is like art, if you have to explain it, it loses its meaning.

My feeble attempt at humor might have missed the mark. For that I am sorry. As I said before, timing is everything, but knowing the audience is everything else. I guess I messed up on my timing, and I clearly didn't understand the audience. Nothing I can do about that now.

My apologizes. Nuff said.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Humor is like art, if you have to explain it, it loses its meaning.

My feeble attempt at humor might have missed the mark. For that I am sorry. As I said before, timing is everything, but knowing the audience is everything else. I guess I messed up on my timing, and I clearly didn't understand the audience. Nothing I can do about that now.

My apologizes. Nuff said.
And you are far more perceptive than most Catcher!!! What chance at always being understood &/or being misinterpreted does that does that give us poor unfortunates that are 'Insensitive to the feelings/thought processes (when available) & agendas' of other posters?

I've been here on DR1 for 12 years & still have not learnt how to understand some of the posters desire to be in conflict with other posters! ~ Grahame :ermm:

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
No one has to apologize.......It was just a little good natured ribbing..........I respect everyones opinion.....and there is no conflict.........And Colin Robinson.......I def would have a beer with you...........If you talk like you write......we could be there for more than one beer.....LOL........As far as American football being GAY........Again....... your a funny guy..........But please tell me........What is up with the SCRUM in Rugby?.........If that is not the most ridiculous thing ever seen on a field.....I don't know what is........SPREADING THE JOY..........Have a nice day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.