Encuentro Beach Shacks Bulldozed today in Cabarete

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Can you not set your browser to automatically translate pages in languages other than english? Both chrome & firefox will do this.

Typical confusing literal translation provided by Google...

Playa Encuentro Case: Rejection against a judge made by privatization companies
By We are Pueblo - August 27, 2019
The appeal court of Puerto Plata rejected the appeal against Judge Nassim Ovalles Estévez, proposed by the lawyers of the investment companies Calpe, SRL, and Mesa Limited CxA, which intend to privatize Encuentro Beach, Cabarete.

On the fourteenth (14) day of the month of August of the year two thousand nineteen (2019), the Court of Appeal of the judicial department of Puerto Plata, proceeded to reject the second challenge to which the presiding judge of the Civil Chamber has been subject and Commercial of Puerto Plata, Judge Nassim Eduardo Ovalles Estévez, by the defense bar of the companies Inversiones Calpe, SRL, and Mesa Limited C BY A ,.

Among the media that founded the challenge, the lawyers established that the aforementioned president of the court is biased, since he insists that the beach be opened which they understand is private, and that in their opinion the situations began as a result of arbitrary actions from the mag. Ovalles, during the knowledge of one of the many judicial processes that the judge has known against the aforementioned companies. The todos reflect in their challenge that the judge has received several inspections of places and that every time one of these is carried out, in front of the judge's eyes, mobs damage the private property of the companies and this does nothing to stop them.

In the same vein, the graduates express that Judge Ovalles does not have a clear criterion or legally speaking objective, which evidences the lack of the slightest sense of prudence and worse, it demonstrates that he has a biased interest in against the legal sponsors of the togados representing the companies Inversiones Calpe, SRL, Y Mesa Limited C POR A ,.

For his part, the judge has replied to the court of the judicial department of Puerto Plata, "I simply intuit that the party who refuses wants to separate me from the process, because it seems that since they have not obtained a profit, they dislike them as a person and as a judge."

To which the Court of the Judicial Department of Puerto Plata replied: «It cannot be affirmed that necessarily Judge Nassim Eduardo Ovalles Estévez, who is aware of this case, is prejudging, if there are no objective or subjective reasons that allow him to question his impartiality . Such conclusion finds unequivocal support in the integral exegenesis of his conduct as judicial administrator of this Judicial District of Puerto Plata. Consequently, by virtue of the foregoing considerations and in accordance with article 378, this court declares the rejection and concluded the procedure initiated on the occasion of the challenge raised by the entity INVERSIONES CALPE, SRL, As reflected in Resolution No. 627-2019-SRES-00180.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I must admit, I read both the Spanish and English "google translated" versions previously and I still don't understand what was really meant by the above article.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I must admit, I read both the Spanish and English "google translated" versions previously and I still don't understand what was really meant by the above article.

Ah - glad to hear it's not just me! I translated the Spanish version to the best of my ability and found it hard to understand the conclusion. That's why I asked if somebody could provide a clear summary.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
My interpretation is that the court of appeals did not see sufficient evidence to establish a bias on the part of the judge who originally ruled against the holding companies. On that basis the court of appeals dismissed the allegations against the first judge as alleged by the companies.

Thus the original ruling to open the beach and the road to unfettered public access stands.

Or something else entirely... :)

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016

I almost read it but my instincts told me not to. Score one for trusting your instincts.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
More discussion on En****ro

Google Translation:

What about the actions of the mayors of Cabarete and Sosua in the case of Playa Encuentro?
By caba8255 - August 19, 201901408

Compartir

Raquel Sierra, director of the district board of Cabarete and Ilana Newman, mayor of Sosua
In the case of Encuentro beach, the community has been without any support from the authorities of Cabarete and Sosua. On the contrary, the mayor of Cabarete, Raquel Sierra, made an affidavit indicating that the old road that is over 100 years old does not exist and with that statement, we already have the official proof of the traction of that mediocre mayor who still plans to re-elect The next elections. All that to please the investors of the Mesa Investment company that supposedly bought the beach for their project.
We remind you that the Mesa Investment company filed a complaint in the land court against community members, members of Cabarete, lawyers defending the old road, foreigners, and the same mayor (15 people) for association of criminals, property violation despite the fact that the community I win at least 6 sentences to reopen the old road to traffic.

The purpose of this complaint was to pressure community members and other officials to change their position in favor of opening the old road and leave only 2 members of the district board of Cabarete, Moreno Juma and Juan Cabral inside the file. and the 2 foreigners Phillip Lehman and Michel Gay-Crosier. Several of the defendants received calls in that regard. We think that Raquel Sierra has to do with that plan because if it is successful, the 2 vowels against it are removed from the middle.

The day before the hearing on August 13, 2019, director Raquel Sierra and the third member of the board were sure that the judge will send the 4 people mentioned above to jail. It has been heard that they were celebrating because they will get the presidency of the chapter room.

Those 2 people and the Mesa company did not do as it was supposedly planned. The judge of the land court of Puerto Plata declared his incompetence and sent the file to the judge of instruction of the court of Puerto Plata where it will be very difficult for that complaint to survive. At least, that complaint will let us know who is behind the Mesa and Calpe company that has never seen one of their representatives in court.

We deplore that on the day of the hearing, no authority has been present to support the community and the people defending the old way. The mayor of Sosua, Ilana Newman, did not appear, who had always promised to open the old road and never did.
It is confirmed that the promises of politicians are almost never fulfilled and often betray. That can be a disastrous cost for Ilana Newman and Raquel Sierra in the next election.

We thank the following people who went inside the complaint as a defendant and who have maintained a firm position:
Jesus Maria, president of the neighborhood board of Callejón de la Loma
Jesus Castillo, human rights
Jose Luis Osorio, chairman of the board of neighbors of Cienaga
Juan Cabral, councilor of the district board of Cabarete
Moreno Juma, councilor of the district board of Cabarete
and totally reject the actions of the 2 mayors of Sosua and Cabarete. In Cabarete, we could work much more efficiently without having a town hall.

CABARETE CAN SAY THANKS TO AMERICAN CITIZEN, FOR HIS INSISTENCE TO RETURN TO JUSTICE. WITHOUT IT, IT MAKES A LOT THAT THE BEACH WOULD BE CLOSED. THE TASK OF CARING FOR PUBLIC DOMAIN GOODS BELONGS TO THE CITY COUNCILS OF SOSUA AND CABARETE AND THEY REMAINED WITHOUT ANY ACTION WHEN THE ROAD WAS CLOSED, LEAVING THAT AMERICAN TO SPEND ITS RESOURCES TO PAY ATTORNEYS. THERE ARE STILL 4 SURF SCHOOLS AND A RESTAURANT WORKING WITHOUT ANY PERMIT THAT IS FROM THE MINISTRY OF TOURISM AND TO THE CITY HALL.

Fabio Garcia, journalist and councilman of the municipality of Sosua, speaks very clearly in that video, in relation to the traction of Raquel Sierra to the community of Cabarete.

watch

http://cabaretenoticias.com/2019/08...barete-y-sosua-en-el-caso-de-playa-encuentro/

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Encuentro Update

Google Translation:

What has proven to be the most emblematic case of the northern part of the Dominican Republic, with specific demarcation in Cabarete, Puerto Plata province, simulates only a terrible plot and contubernio of individuals and great political, military, police and major authorities Public Prosecutor Jean Alain Rodríguez and his servile subjects Vielka Calderón and Osvaldo Bonilla. And it is that after the Mesa Investment e Inversiones Calpe SRL Commercial Companies, having closed illegally to privatize the most visited beach in the entire Caribbean, Encuentro Beach, the aforementioned companies have lost to date in more than a year near Ten sentences ordering the reopening of the beach, ordering the municipal authorities to take action on it and the Public Ministry of Puerto Plata to hand over the Public Force Assistance to execute the sentences. The negativity on the part of the Public Ministry has led the winning party of the non-profit association (APRODELAPEN), to act in a personal capacity against the tax holder of Puerto Plata Osvaldo Bonilla, because it does not grant the Public Force Assistance notwithstanding the order of the largest legal body of the Dominican Republic to have ordered it, and we refer to the Constitutional Court, Court of Appeal of Puerto Plata and Civil and Commercial Chamber of Puerto Plata and because of its refusal it has been condemned in several ordinances to pay daily astreintes for each day that passes without delivering the public force. After the judges condemned the aforementioned tax holder, the prosecuting body has uncovered an arbitrary persecution against all those who have obtained cause gains in the case that orders the opening of the meeting beach and the lawyers of the parties, under the alleged rebellion to the state and judicial contempt, prosecuting from the jurisdiction of Santiago by order of State Attorney Vielka Calderon, to all parties, the process is currently being known in the Second Court of Instruction of the Judicial District of Puerto Plata and nobody manages to explain what matter the State Attorney has to do with processes of which her department has not been part, nor what is the interest of the Attorney General's office in which the roads leading to the beach, hence it is rumored that the reality of the matter is that one of the largest investors in the project that intends to sell condominiums with private access to The beach is the Attorney General of the Dominican Republic, Jean Alain Rodríguez and the Deputy Minister of Sports Marcos Dias, these rumors are not corroborated, since both refuse to give statements on the case. The next hearing to be held will be on the twelfth (12th) of the month of December of the year two thousand nineteen (2019), at nine in the morning (9:00 AM), before the Second Court of Instruction of the Judicial District of Puerto Plata, in the courthouse, located between Luis Geneva avenues, corner Mirabal Sisters, on the second level, where the preliminary against trustees, councilors, presidents of associations fighting for the environment, rights representatives will be known Humans, journalists, lawyers and presidents of neighborhood boards, in a persecution that simulates nothing but arbitrary acts of the Dominican State through the office of the State Attorney Vielka Calderon, despots and dictatorships so that the parties cease and leave without effect the executions of their cause gains and may the beach remain closed, we urge everyone hereby to appear and be part of this fight for our environmental resources that These are ours under the Constitution of the Dominican Republic, since the beaches, rivers, lakes and lagoons are of public utility.

https://somospueblo.com/el-caso-pla...cMRVJGf06NCZ2GQGICstBnE3HwENYpELymjSm6X5aei94

In other words, no news until now is not good news.