Encuentro Beach

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
anyone know if it is still possible to surf at Encuentro?
Last I heard the surf shacks were gone and there were disagreements over who owned what.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Does anyone have any info on the Hideaway apartments on the entrance road to Encuentro Beach? Good place? Managed well? Safe? Problems?
Cost for a 2 bedroom?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Does anyone have any info on the Hideaway apartments on the entrance road to Encuentro Beach? Good place? Managed well? Safe? Problems?
Cost for a 2 bedroom?
Just had lunch at Coconuts there moments ago. Didn't see your questions or I would have asked. I have not heard of any problems there. No idea on the other questions.

Reactions: ctrob

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Cost for a 2 bedroom?
If you're talking about the Hideaway Beach condos just before Coconuts, they look very well maintained to me. I've heard they're very nice and run about $200K.

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
Had another look at Encuentro this afternoon. The new bathrooms and 3 other structures in front of the western parking lot, are all on private land behind the beach. These buildings are staying, at least for the moment. As it appears that Casa Linda has acquired the project, the ball is now in their court to make future decisions.

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
That 60 meter rule ... Lived in Cabarete on the East side and West side. Beach erosion, sand movement during the seasons... high tide, low tide...how and when do they measure this? Anybody knows? That said, very glad that el camino viejo is open again and that we are a strong community. When it all started a couple of years ago, Camino viejo closed, I thought Encuentro would at one point be closed and a private beach

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That 60 meter rule ... Lived in Cabarete on the East side and West side. Beach erosion, sand movement during the seasons... high tide, low tide...how and when do they measure this? Anybody knows? That said, very glad that el camino viejo is open again and that we are a strong community. When it all started a couple of years ago, Camino viejo closed, I thought Encuentro would at one point be closed and a private beach
How do they measure this? How and when the government wants to.

But seriously, I think it is from the median high tide mark according to DR law. As that point changes due to local issues or climate change, who knows what will happen. I agree that it was not looking good for Encuentro.