Encuentro Surf N Roll and restaurant out of business?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I just heard that Encuentro Surf n Roll gym and the restaurant above it (UVA??) went out of business.
Can anyone confirm the rumor?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Sorry, I heard TUVA restaurant west of Kite Beach is closing.

The restaurant above Encuentro Surf N Roll is/was called La Cabana.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
I heard Surf n Roll had a water filtration problem and are closed until further notice. That's their excuse although I don't know if that is true....but yes, they are closed.

Reactions: windeguy

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Both posted permanent closures on their social media.

No reason was provided.

Surf N Roll had numerous problems with their pool recently. Swimming lessons had been cancelled twice in the past month.

It’s a shame because it’s a beautiful facility. Watch it sit empty now indefinitely.

• Wow

tripp789

May 4, 2018
TUVA is closing due to the start of construction on the beach next to Seawinds. I believe the intend to reopen as a part of the new project.
Surf and Roll and La Cabana are permanently closed

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Both posted permanent closures on their social media.

No reason was provided.

Surf N Roll had numerous problems with their pool recently. Swimming lessons had been cancelled twice in the past month.

It’s a shame because it’s a beautiful facility. Watch it sit empty now indefinitely.
That lap pool looked amazing. I had been thinking about trying it. It was two lanes 25 meter exercise pool.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Latest rumours are money laundering. Surprise surprise.

If you’ve never gone, it’s a modern, well designed, beautiful gym with great equipment pool, and a space for martial arts on the main floor. The second floor was short term residences/rooms, and the third level was the roof top restaurant La Cabana. Argentinian owned and decent food but small portions. Incredible views of the east end of Encuentro. Their Instagram page is still up if you’d like to see what they offered.

It’s likely the nicest gym on the north coast. I honestly hope it reopens but not holding my breath.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Latest rumours are money laundering. Surprise surprise.

If you’ve never gone, it’s a modern, well designed, beautiful gym with great equipment pool, and a space for martial arts on the main floor. The second floor was short term residences/rooms, and the third level was the roof top restaurant La Cabana. Argentinian owned and decent food but small portions. Incredible views of the east end of Encuentro. Their Instagram page is still up if you’d like to see what they offered.

It’s likely the nicest gym on the north coast. I honestly hope it reopens but not holding my breath.
Isn’t it the place with an exercise pool ?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
TUVA is closing due to the start of construction on the beach next to Seawinds. I believe the intend to reopen as a part of the new project.
Surf and Roll and La Cabana are permanently closed
The yet another condo development on the north coast . That land was eventually going to be developed. Thanks for the info.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
The yet another condo development on the north coast . That land was eventually going to be developed. Thanks for the info.
Sir Wind, let me guess, yet another Marriott lux hotel in Cab.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Sir Wind, let me guess, yet another Marriott lux hotel in Cab.
The website for the new project at Punta Goleta where TUVA is located is down. I think it is related to the existing Seawinds condos, but both sites are currently being updated.

So is the Seawinds web stite. Coincidence? I think not:

Both sites have the exact same type of be back soon page.

Don't think Marriott Points will work there like they do in Sosua at the Marriott affiliate there.

(Seawinds is not Marriott related from anything I have seen. Still waiting for the Marriott on Cabarete beach to be started after being fenced off years ago now. That project is like they have Dominicans involved. I think Marriott is involved in the Playa Bergantin projects as one of the new AI resorts along with a Planet Hollywood. )