Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
[
1. Industrial engineering
2. Systems engineering
3. Accounting and financial engineering
4. Tourism management.

No one said 40+. I did say 30 to 40. Let's be real also, no one's gonna land a 40k gig with a liberal arts degree
You're correct you didn't say 40+ my apologies. My point is still valid, with zero experience and just a 4 year degree landing a 40k job regardless of the industry here in DR is the exception not the rule. My daughter graduated 5 years ago accounting and IIRC her best offer was 25k from leche Rica. I'll ask her next time I speak with her, she moved to Colorado. My son did a master in finance and got many good offers but that doesn't qualify because we're talking about 4 year degrees BA or BS. The engineerings are a beast unto themselves and good offers abound. However other professions such as general medicine, nursing and others aren't so lucky. Just saying

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Doctor: "who has the other 4??"
A cardiologist with over 40 years of experience once expressed to me how frustrated she was when an interpreter made the simplest of mistakes.

Upon examining the patient, the doctor told the patient's mother, "I don't hear a murmur," but the interpreter said, "Su corazón está bien".
The doctor repeated her findings (no murmur heard), and the interpreter repeated the same nonsense.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
A cardiologist with over 40 years of experience once expressed to me how frustrated she was when an interpreter made the simplest of mistakes.

Upon examining the patient, the doctor told the patient's mother, "I don't hear a murmur," but the interpreter said, "Su corazón está bien".
The doctor repeated her findings (no murmur heard), and the interpreter repeated the same nonsense.
One would obviously need a technical vocabulary. I would have said no "arritmia" but that's not accurate at all. I know no word for murmur

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
[
You're correct you didn't say 40+ my apologies. My point is still valid, with zero experience and just a 4 year degree landing a 40k job regardless of the industry here in DR is the exception not the rule. My daughter graduated 5 years ago accounting and IIRC her best offer was 25k from leche Rica. I'll ask her next time I speak with her, she moved to Colorado. My son did a master in finance and got many good offers but that doesn't qualify because we're talking about 4 year degrees BA or BS. The engineerings are a beast unto themselves and good offers abound. However other professions such as general medicine, nursing and others aren't so lucky. Just saying
You asked me to list. I did. You are well aware then, it depends on the company, the university name, etc. Those disciplines i listed are high earning for grads.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
You asked me to list. I did. You are well aware then, it depends on the company, the university name, etc. Those disciplines i listed are high earning for grads.
What I asked for was:
Please list job for recent graduates with zero experience that pay 40k monthly.
What you gave me was a list of industries that could pay 40k or more not a listing of available jobs that pay 40k.
1. Industrial engineering
2. Systems engineering
3. Accounting and financial engineering
4. Tourism management.
That's ok. What I am well aware is that many graduates are ill prepared, particularly when they have zero experience and companies know this. The starting pay is usually low because time, resource and effort needs to be invested on new hires to bring them up to snuff. As I understand it, 40k monthly isn't usually a starting salary in most industries here. We can agree to disagree.

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
What I asked for was:

What you gave me was a list of industries that could pay 40k or more not a listing of available jobs that pay 40k.

That's ok. What I am well aware is that many graduates are ill prepared, particularly when they have zero experience and companies know this. The starting pay is usually low because time, resource and effort needs to be invested on new hires to bring them up to snuff. As I understand it, 40k monthly isn't usually a starting salary in most industries here. We can agree to disagree.
Ill tell you one thing, you won't find an industrial engineering grad driving Uber.

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Agreed, but...everyone isn't an engineer and garbage collector are important members of society.
You are certainly well off the point of this discussion. You originally stated 20k college grad jobs and i simply said there are 30 to 40 entry level. You said list them. I did. You kept going. And going and going. I hope you're ok.

• Haha
Reactions: Big