English speaking lawyer?

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
http://www.squirepattonboggs.com/offices/santo-domingo

Based on my experience as a client about 10 years ago, this firm provides outstanding service. Awilda Alcantara, who is now a partner, handled a tedious negotiation of a sale of stock in a Dominican corporation , and a few years later aggressively pursued and obtained payment of significant outstanding balance that the purchaser had stopped paying. This action was lightning fast based on the strength of the wording of the documents she crafted, negotiated, and insisted upon.

I truly believe that if I had used any other firm, I would have had the nightmares everyone hears about within the Dominican legal system pursuing this debt.

Later, when I bought my property here , I used Guzman Ariza... but unknown to them I had this firm review every procedure and document prepared. Guzman Ariza overall did fine with the transaction and has provided good service and counsel since. Some issues with how the escrow money that I was concerned about were confirmed by Awilda to be non-standard and I simply requested from Guzman Ariza some documents for safeguarding the funds that were agreed to.

In terms of professionalism from receptionist to the lawyers themselves , Squire Patton Boggs wins hands down in my experience. (At the time they were Squire Sanders Dempsey). I did have the impression that they are geared more toward larger corporate services than individual clients, and ten years ago I paid probably double hourly what Guzman Ariza charges today... But what they did for me was worth every peso spent x 100.

Bottom line: highly recommend for serious legal consultation. also recommend Guzman Ariza overall, but never felt quite the same professionalism

Squire Patton would never hire knuckleheads and risk their global reputation. SSD acquired Steel Hector Davis 10 years ago,
who originally opened the SDO office via their Miami office. They are a prototypical AM LAW Top 150 USA firm. If they could not
represent dkadoch I would imagine they steer him/her to the right lawyer elsewhere.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Squire Patton would never hire knuckleheads and risk their global reputation. SSD acquired Steel Hector Davis 10 years ago,
who originally opened the SDO office via their Miami office. They are a prototypical AM LAW Top 150 USA firm. If they could not
represent dkadoch I would imagine they steer him/her to the right lawyer elsewhere.

Do you work for them?