Enough of dominican bashing.

principe

Nov 19, 2002
Jumpin' in

Although I disagree with how AZB said it I find my self agreeing with the general gist of his post. I don't think he is trying to crap on all Dominicans, but as a dominican who was born and raised there, and not a "poor Dominican" I see the point he is trying to convey. Simply said, many people on DR1 who are foreigner's currently living on the island spend much time, and effort criticizing the Dominican way, of life. The people, the customs or something with which they are not pleased. Exactly, whom do those people associate with. In most instances I am willing to bet it is not with what AZB call decent dominican folk. People who are middle class and higher, well educated, and the kind of people who have no business leaving the island even if they had a chance because their quality of life in DR is fine, and dandy. So when you go out of your way to associate with people that are below you socially, and with whom you probably will not associate with in your country of origin assuming that they belonged to the same social class they do to here what do you really expect.

I don't think anything above "disses" poor Dominican folk, in any way. I have seen dignity, and humility in poor people in DR, that I have not seen in "poor" people in "industrialized" nations. However, if you lie with dogs, that is associate with people who happen to be poor and are not good people, go through bad experiences. How are going to be surprised when bad stuff happens. "Oh my god I can't believe...blah, blah," eso te paso por pendejo y estupido.

So if you sexually exploit young dominican women, and you are aware of what you are doing, on what moral high ground do you stand to wax poetic of the immoral ills of corruption for example. I am not condoning corruption but trying to display how irrenconcilable the behaviors are. You can't do one, and turn around with "oh these corrupt officials blah, blah" with airs of superiority. Yes wrong is wrong.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Will his Arabic majesty join us to stir up our Santo Domingo reunion?
M'a ssalama! :nervous:

Editors Note: Learn the difference between "Arab,and Muslim",a person can be "One","the Other",or "Both"!!!!

Our "Strange Cousin" is a long way from being "Arabic"!!! ;) CC

Last edited by a moderator:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
No. I hear he's going to the North Coast and hang out with all those trashy people he talks about :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
AZB said:
gringo in DR, you have no clue as to what I am saying. You are just too gringo to realize that. You are exactly what I am talking about; you will live here 20 yrs and still not get it.
So let me sum it again. You will not see this on CNN, so naturally what I am saying is untrue. Right????
Ok, here we go again:
I have always talked against whores, chulos, barrio tigres and other dishonest dominicans in all of my posts. It so happens, they are all poor. You will not show me one hooker who is from a better class of dominicans. she is a hooker so thats what makes her a low life and thus, she goes out with anyone, shamelessly. No proud dominican is proud of her. same goes for the people you folks complain about.
What I am trying to say is that why not try to socialize with the better class dominicans? yes there are jerks in well-to-do circle of dominicans too but chances are they will not be a liability on you as the ones you hear about on DR1.
Let me give you examples of benefits and disadvantages of rich and poor dominicans:
if you mix with poor dominicans who look for foreigners then here is what you have to deal with:
Give them money all the time. Support their family and extended family in some cases. take care of her kids from another guy (s). If you ask them where to buy a nice used car, they have no idea. Ask them prices or deals on real estate, no idea. Ask them prices of items in supermarket, no idea. Ask them where to buy anything, no idea. Ask them for a good mechanic, no idea, ask them anything which has to do with legal dominican system, no idea. Ask them anything, no idea. If you fall into trouble, they have no contacts to help you. Ask them to tell you about dominican cultural activities...hahahahah. They only know, corner colmado, carwash and ambis disco. Poor have no power or political voice in DR. They are simply followers and workers.
Now about rich folks or folks with influential powers:
They are powerful lawyers or hold powerful positions in dominican society. I got my perminent residency card for free through a lawyer friend. I only paid legal government fees (to immigration office). When I moved to santiago, a rich business man gave me a free fridge without even knowing me for a week. Just gave me one and a washer machine (which I gave back because I had already bought one). Another rich dominican friend of mine signed for my garantee form in my immigration papers. My phone lines are in his name. He is responsible for my residence in DR. I get invited to spend weekends in their country houses with swimming pool and private parties. They pay for my dinner and bring me gifts when they travel. I do the same for them when I travel. These guys even pick up tabs of my visiting friends in restaurants. You have to fight with them to pay your bills. The decent class girls never order anyting expensive in restaurants and make you look good in public places. They get offended if you try to give them money for cab fare. These girls invite you to their home parties and make dinner for you. You don't have to drive 10 miles to pick them up, they come in their own cars.
their bothers and relatives help you out if you get involve in trouble. They usually know other influential folks. These folks don't throw garbage on the streets, they don't go to sosua or puerto plata to spend weekends and mingle with hookers. They look down upon people who marry hookers just like any other decent folks would from any country.
So please tell me, what are the rich educated dominicans are doing to you folks to deserve your disapproval of them? What am I losing by not socializing with the poor hookers and labor class dominicans? why are these decent upper middle class dominicans are deserved to be called pigs?
I fail to understand. Please explain to me, I am ignorant as "gringo in Dr" says.
AZB

I don't know if you realize it, but what you just said was nothing like you other post.

I have no problems with this post. I agree with you.

You just stated your ideas and beliefs with out bashing the foreignors that choose to live on the North Coast. For the most part you didn't degrade the lower class of dominicans. You stated some generalizations about them that are nearly all true.

AZB, this is how to get your point across without getting everyone bent out of shape.

Well done. Happy Thanks Giving to you.

Scott

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
A post out of the blue . . . . .

I read the thread to Criss Colons post, exhaled in a laughing fashion at the first sentance, scooted to the end to the thread to post. So forgive me if my post is out of sync. I read AZB's first post fully.

AZB, there is something wrong. I really don't get it, I mean, if people are "beneith" you and your upper class Dominicans. Why do you spend years on end screaming about it. I for one know you have been talking about this for over 2 years.

I don't get it, why do you care so much about how we live our lives? I mean I don't want to say something is wrong, but I think you should learn not to care or ask yourself why you do care. Is it important to you that what you say be true. Would your life have a different meaning if it were not true?

I smell something very fishy.

-Lee

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
On my next trip to the DR, I am going to rent a huge truck, go to Sosua and load it up with UBH and then drive to AZB's house in Santiago and have a UBH party. Just like Scott has his Thanksgiving party, I will have an annual UBH party at AZB's. Everyone is invited.

Larry

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
ltsnyder said:
I read the thread to Criss Colons post, exhaled in a laughing fashion at the first sentance, scooted to the end to the thread to post. So forgive me if my post is out of sync. I read AZB's first post fully.

AZB, there is something wrong. I really don't get it, I mean, if people are "beneith" you and your upper class Dominicans. Why do you spend years on end screaming about it. I for one know you have been talking about this for over 2 years.

I don't get it, why do you care so much about how we live our lives? I mean I don't want to say something is wrong, but I think you should learn not to care or ask yourself why you do care. Is it important to you that what you say be true. Would your life have a different meaning if it were not true?

I smell something very fishy.

-Lee
I will leave you folks alone if you stop stereo typing all dominicans. From reading your post alone in the thread you created, most visiting foreigners will think the domincians are all poor, resort workers, cheaters, uneducated and scam artists.
You must write down that you are only talking ablout the chopo puerto plata / sosua ghetto trash what you folks have come to know.
I am showing the other side of dominicans that most will not meet. What a shame.
AZB

dontuseEltour

Feb 2, 2003
AZB are you from a country with social sects. If you are you could enlighten everyone by telling them how you feel about the poorer classes in your own country, damn wonder if your not actually one yourself.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
You folks are such thick headed. such hippocrates, when you are back home, do you go out bar hopping with your 7/11 clerk? Do you date your car mechanic? Do you invite the folks from projects to your home? Many of you white folks don't even have a black friend back home. Then you come here and become the greatest defenders of poor dominicans. You think you can fool me? I am not mr. politically correct anal retentive robots like you. I speak the truth and can say things you people wouldn't say in the open.
The truth is, you mix with poor class dominicans in resort areas, you will invite trouble. There is no other way around it. You deal with influential domincians, your life would be much easier in DR.
Now folks, I live here, I am not posting from idaho.
AZB

mharshman

Sep 23, 2003
Absolutely

Right On. See these men on the beach in Costambar who think these young ugly women LOVE them.

tomgallo

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 25, 2004
AZB said:
gringo in DR, you have no clue as to what I am saying. You are just too gringo to realize that. You are exactly what I am talking about; you will live here 20 yrs and still not get it.
So let me sum it again. You will not see this on CNN, so naturally what I am saying is untrue. Right????
Ok, here we go again:
I have always talked against whores, chulos, barrio tigres and other dishonest dominicans in all of my posts. It so happens, they are all poor. You will not show me one hooker who is from a better class of dominicans. she is a hooker so thats what makes her a low life and thus, she goes out with anyone, shamelessly. No proud dominican is proud of her. same goes for the people you folks complain about.
What I am trying to say is that why not try to socialize with the better class dominicans? yes there are jerks in well-to-do circle of dominicans too but chances are they will not be a liability on you as the ones you hear about on DR1.
Let me give you examples of benefits and disadvantages of rich and poor dominicans:
if you mix with poor dominicans who look for foreigners then here is what you have to deal with:
Give them money all the time. Support their family and extended family in some cases. take care of her kids from another guy (s). If you ask them where to buy a nice used car, they have no idea. Ask them prices or deals on real estate, no idea. Ask them prices of items in supermarket, no idea. Ask them where to buy anything, no idea. Ask them for a good mechanic, no idea, ask them anything which has to do with legal dominican system, no idea. Ask them anything, no idea. If you fall into trouble, they have no contacts to help you. Ask them to tell you about dominican cultural activities...hahahahah. They only know, corner colmado, carwash and ambis disco. Poor have no power or political voice in DR. They are simply followers and workers.
Now about rich folks or folks with influential powers:
They are powerful lawyers or hold powerful positions in dominican society. I got my perminent residency card for free through a lawyer friend. I only paid legal government fees (to immigration office). When I moved to santiago, a rich business man gave me a free fridge without even knowing me for a week. Just gave me one and a washer machine (which I gave back because I had already bought one). Another rich dominican friend of mine signed for my garantee form in my immigration papers. My phone lines are in his name. He is responsible for my residence in DR. I get invited to spend weekends in their country houses with swimming pool and private parties. They pay for my dinner and bring me gifts when they travel. I do the same for them when I travel. These guys even pick up tabs of my visiting friends in restaurants. You have to fight with them to pay your bills. The decent class girls never order anyting expensive in restaurants and make you look good in public places. They get offended if you try to give them money for cab fare. These girls invite you to their home parties and make dinner for you. You don't have to drive 10 miles to pick them up, they come in their own cars.
their bothers and relatives help you out if you get involve in trouble. They usually know other influential folks. These folks don't throw garbage on the streets, they don't go to sosua or puerto plata to spend weekends and mingle with hookers. They look down upon people who marry hookers just like any other decent folks would from any country.
So please tell me, what are the rich educated dominicans are doing to you folks to deserve your disapproval of them? What am I losing by not socializing with the poor hookers and labor class dominicans? why are these decent upper middle class dominicans are deserved to be called pigs?
I fail to understand. Please explain to me, I am ignorant as "gringo in Dr" says.
AZB

I do share with you the same experience. I have met dominicans with more class than people I have met in US/Canada in the past 27 years.

Feel good that you're not understood! Intellectual people are hard to read anyways.

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
lol, please . . . . .

I am showing the other side of dominicans that most will not meet. What a shame.
AZB
NO your not, your slandering, and fowl mouthing every thing you see or think that's out there. Re- read your post, you see something wrong with it?

An relatively speaking, the vast majority of Dominicans are poorer than people from the US period

And if you don't think so, I want so of the stuff that your smoking too . . . .

-Lee

tomgallo

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 25, 2004
AZB said:
You folks are such thick headed. such hippocrates, when you are back home, do you go out bar hopping with your 7/11 clerk? Do you date your car mechanic? Do you invite the folks from projects to your home? Many of you white folks don't even have a black friend back home. Then you come here and become the greatest defenders of poor dominicans. You think you can fool me? I am not mr. politically correct anal retentive robots like you. I speak the truth and can say things you people wouldn't say in the open.
The truth is, you mix with poor class dominicans in resort areas, you will invite trouble. There is no other way around it. You deal with influential domincians, your life would be much easier in DR.
AZB

I don't want to sound like a cheerleader but you're a straight shooter. Right on!!!

Yan-Yan

Sep 22, 2003
AZB said:
I will leave you folks alone if you stop stereo typing all dominicans. From reading your post alone in the thread you created, most visiting foreigners will think the domincians are all poor, resort workers, cheaters, uneducated and scam artists.
You must write down that you are only talking ablout the chopo puerto plata / sosua ghetto trash what you folks have come to know.
AZB

Mister AZB, do ALL Dominicans a favor and STOP defending us! We can manage, thank you!! :tired:

tomgallo

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 25, 2004
mharshman said:
AZB said:
You folks in north coast just don't get it. You can be living here for a million year and still not get it. You come to this country, instantly find or make a gated community and find other folks like you. never bother to learn spanish or get to know any real dominicans. All you folks do is mix with dominican trash and then insult all the rest of dominicans that you don't know.
Example: you are 60 yrs old and find a 25 yrs old girl to fall in love with. I gurantee you that she is not going to be a university grad with a law degree. She will be either a whore, ex-hooker or a girl from ghetto. She will be more poor than a bangladeshi refugee in india. Now you learn to deal with her poor mentality and her poor family. Then you meet her chulo brother and tigre cousins. They rob you and squeeze every penny they can get out of you. Then your relationship ends in disaster. What did you expect genious? There are tourists coming here finding cheap ghetto love, finding black whores and dressing them up like princeses. Taking them to expensive restaurants and shopping with them in supermarkets. Women coming here, hooking with cheap ghetto studs. Mistaking them for real dominican men. Then taking them to USA, canada, germany and other parts of europe. Giving them attention they can't even get from their own people. Just go to any latin disco in germany and you will see dominican hookers all over dancing "un movimieno sexy".
The fault lies within you foreigners. You just don't get it. You sleep with dogs and then complain of ticks. To decent dominicans, you are all fools. Thats what I hear all the time from decent dominicans.
Now I live in DR as well. Then why is it that I don't have any cheap dominican friends who ask me for gifts? why is it that I don't support any girl and her immediate family? Why is it that I never get into any police trouble or have to pay any traffic fines? why is it I never get over charged? why is it that I never complain of dominicans? You never hear Hillbilly complain of dominicans. Why is that?
You see there are some foreigners who choose not to live with dominican trash, just like the real decent dominicans. why is it you never see a decent dominican girl with those cheap black sankies from beach in resort areas? Real dominican girls are far prettier than your regular fatty gringa.
real dominicans don't mix with coastal dominican trash. they have their own circle to move in. They want no trouble. Oh wait, you folks in north coast will tell me that you see chopos from santiago come to their beach in buses all weekend and trash their place. Right?
Not! real dominicans don't come in cheap hired gua guas. these folks you see are country folks or poor folks from guettos. they are not real dominicans. Dominican republic is RUN by educated dominicans who pay their lights, taxes and run universities and huge businesses. the rest are simply workers.
In santiago we have supermarkets just like USA and have everything you can imagine. Santo domingo is even more like USA. The prices are way high but you will still see lines in supermarket cashiers. People live exactly or better than USA. These folks drive nice cars, visit USA frequently, pay high price for medical attention in decent hospitals, clinics, buy expensive clothes, spend money in restaurants and bars, live in huge modern houses and have good businesses. These folk are the owners of this country, not your cheap everyday poor dominican. I don't know a single cheap dominican that you folks seem to complain about daily. Why is it that its so difficult for you folks to find real domninicans? Oh wait, maybe because you folks live in gated communities?
Its simple as that: you folks only know cheap lying ghetto dominican bastards, the real dominicans are out of your reach. So its all too simple, "you will get flesh
Well said!!! Right on!!! That is reality for you!!

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
Let's at least admit that we are out classes . . .

AZB said:
AZB

I personally can tell from the way AZB talks that he is obviously from an upper cast family that take pride in thier birth right. Old money does not mix with new money or no money, and I don't blame the way he feels, I mean if the upper cast mixxed with the lower cast, then the whole damn cast system would fall apart :) .

He is Obvioulsy Bhramin, and I think . . .to be honest . . most of us are unworthy to talk to him. Because we just wouldn't understand what he was saying. You have to be at a sertain intellectual level, to actually understand complex discourse.

Forgive me for being so brash AZB, I simple didn't see.

-Lee

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Yan-Yan said:
Mister AZB, do ALL Dominicans a favor and STOP defending us! We can manage, thank you!! :tired:
go yan yan some place else, you don't speak for all dominicans.
AZB

tomgallo

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 25, 2004
Yan-Yan said:

You're wrong. AZB is defending the silent mayority who does not have access to DR1. The other Dominicans posting here have chicken mcnuggetts size brains.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
ltsnyder said:
I personally can tell from the way AZB talks that he is obviously from an upper cast family that take pride in thier birth right. Old money does not mix with new money or no money, and I don't blame the way he feels, I mean if the upper cast mixxed with the lower cast, then the whole damn cast system would fall apart :) .

He is Obvioulsy Bhramin, and I think . . .to be honest . . most of us are unworthy to talk to him. Because we just wouldn't understand what he was saying. You have to be at a sertain intellectual level, to actually understand complex discourse.

Forgive me for being so brash AZB, I simple didn't see.

-Lee
Lee, are you as guy or a girl? I am not sure, but if you meet me in person, believe me, one of us will be a weird one, and its not going to be me. Forget about rich and poor, tell me this, am I right or wrong? By the way, I was not the one who got ripped off by a dominican lawyer. Some choice of lawyers you keep. haahaha, You got ripped off because you just don't get it. You will make the same mistakes all over again. You folks just don't get it.
AZB

Yan-Yan

Sep 22, 2003
AZB said:
go yan yan some place else, you don't speak for all dominicans.
AZB

...And are you?

I can't believe that some people take you seriously... It just proves the widespread ignorace that WE Dominicans have to put up with, from foreigners who think they know and understand us!

Oh my!.... :tired: