Entering DR with a criminal record

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Same thing happened to a friend of mine. He was on the exclusion list for some years, then removed. He had documents to prove this and still was sent back.

He hired a good Dominican attorney and got it straightened out. He comes here all the time now with no problems.

as for Local Records there is a Office in St Dgo, where you show your Proof that a record has to be removed.

Mike

jazzsax

Nov 8, 2017
Hey, looking for info on my circumstance.

have a record in Canada. Recently finished sentence for fraud over $5,000.

Have permission to travel and have my passport back. I've heard mixed answers about DR and whether Canada is sharing info.

Anyone with greater insight?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Unless someone fingered you directly to the DR government and you are on a no entry list you will have no problems entering. People with criminal records are coming and going here every day.

jazzsax

Nov 8, 2017
LOL, had nothing to do with the DR. Canada only. No clue whether I would be on a no entry list.

Danceelite

Mar 22, 2007
A few years ago i was convicted of driving while impaired and placed on probation. I had been coming to the DR for almost 10yrs and I was heart broken when told while on probation you have to get permission from a judge to leave the country. I must have made 4 trips during those 8months I was on probation. I was however legal as I did get permission and had a letter of such in my possession. The letter was more for returning thru american customs as I would have been arrested for parole violation.