Entry with Perm Residency during National Emergency

John Boyter

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
johnboyter.com
I traveled into the DR on the 18th of March as a permanent resident and on the 19th of March the National Emergency came into effect and the borders where closed for visitors. What has the situation been since the 19th of March and what is it now until borders are opened for visitors. Citizens of the DR can travel back but what about people with permanent residency assuming they have valid cedula and permanent resident card all up to date ?

El Rey de Mangu

"Everybody's a gangster..."
Sep 22, 2009
I traveled into the DR on the 18th of March as a permanent resident and on the 19th of March the National Emergency came into effect and the borders where closed for visitors. What has the situation been since the 19th of March and what is it now until borders are opened for visitors. Citizens of the DR can travel back but what about people with permanent residency assuming they have valid cedula and permanent resident card all up to date ?
It's just too risky John. It would really suck if they turned you back. No matter how much documentation you have, the "unknown" factor upon arrival is just too great. Too many variables. Better just holding off untill the formal opening of the borders.

william webster

Jan 16, 2009
Closed border is closed border.... citizens might get a pass... almost surely

Residents ? hit/miss depending on the agents in question at the time
A lawyer told me that...........

Reactions: El Rey de Mangu

John Boyter

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
johnboyter.com
I was just curious to hear what would have happened if I had tried to enter just one day later and because it has been discussed in another thread and it is not clear. If you both are right - WW and Mangu - it is best for anybody even with permanent residency to not even try.

John Boyter

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
johnboyter.com
It really should be possible to enter the DR with legal residency “Recidencia Permanente” but I understand that during the National Emergency it is probably not. That is what it looks like when hearing from people’s experiences trying and researching since the 19 of March the start of the National Emergency. I had hoped to hear something more official about it. I was just curious as I am in the DR but if I now went on a ferry flight back to Europe I would not be able to enter again unless the borders are opened again for visitors.

etolw

Oct 6, 2018
It really should be possible to enter the DR with legal residency “Recidencia Permanente” but I understand that during the National Emergency it is probably not. That is what it looks like when hearing from people’s experiences trying and researching since the 19 of March the start of the National Emergency. I had hoped to hear something more official about it. I was just curious as I am in the DR but if I now went on a ferry flight back to Europe I would not be able to enter again unless the borders are opened again for visitors.
Maybe you have to standby together with the regular snowbirds on tourist visa

Let us see what windy can dig up, he is connected to lawyers

I am a little afraid to go to vacation NYC.

Will they let me in again?

• Angry
Reactions: John Boyter

John Boyter

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
johnboyter.com
Maybe you have to standby together with the regular snowbirds on tourist visa
Hey I can wait until end of the year. Just want to visit family including my old mum. But I think its an interesting issue to discuss and clarify. Is that not what the forum is for. If you have lived here 15 years and have legal residency and its your home you should be able to travel in.

Reactions: etolw