Entry With Permanent Residency During National Emergency

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I traveled into the DR on the 18th of March as a permanent resident and on the 19th of March the National Emergency came into effect and the borders where closed for visitors. What has the situation been since the 19th of March and what is it now until borders are opened for visitors. Citizens of the DR can travel back but what about people with permanent residency assuming they have valid cedula and permanent resident card all up to date ?

Sep 22, 2009
I traveled into the DR on the 18th of March as a permanent resident and on the 19th of March the National Emergency came into effect and the borders where closed for visitors. What has the situation been since the 19th of March and what is it now until borders are opened for visitors. Citizens of the DR can travel back but what about people with permanent residency assuming they have valid cedula and permanent resident card all up to date ?
It's just too risky John. It would really suck if they turned you back. No matter how much documentation you have, the "unknown" factor upon arrival is just too great. Too many variables. Better just holding off untill the formal opening of the borders.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I was just curious to hear what would have happened if I had tried to enter just one day later and because it has been discussed in another thread and it is not clear. If you both are right - WW and Mangu - it is best for anybody even with permanent residency to not even try.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I read it as John is in the DR already. This is hypothetical. Am I wrong?
Yes I am in the DR. I flew in the 18th of March the day before the start of the Nacional Emergency. So you are right. It is hypothetical. I thought clarifying this issue would help others.

Reactions: ramesses

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Somebody has to be to crash dummy
Why not you, John?
fly down and see what happens
I am in the DR already. Flew in the 18th of March and I live here. I was away visiting another country.

Reactions: alexw
Sep 22, 2009
I am in the DR already. Flew in the 18th of March and I live here. I was away visiting another country.
Relaxing trip, no doubt John

putin1.jpg

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
It really should be possible to enter the DR with legal residency “Recidencia Permanente” but I understand that during the National Emergency it is probably not. That is what it looks like when hearing from people’s experiences trying and researching since the 19 of March the start of the National Emergency. I had hoped to hear something more official about it. I was just curious as I am in the DR but if I now went on a ferry flight back to Europe I would not be able to enter again unless the borders are opened again for visitors.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
It really should be possible to enter the DR with legal residency “Recidencia Permanente” but I understand that during the National Emergency it is probably not. That is what it looks like when hearing from people’s experiences trying and researching since the 19 of March the start of the National Emergency. I had hoped to hear something more official about it. I was just curious as I am in the DR but if I now went on a ferry flight back to Europe I would not be able to enter again unless the borders are opened again for visitors.
Maybe you have to standby together with the regular snowbirds on tourist visa

Let us see what windy can dig up, he is connected to lawyers

I am a little afraid to go to vacation NYC.

Will they let me in again?

• Angry
Reactions: aarhus

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Maybe you have to standby together with the regular snowbirds on tourist visa
Hey I can wait until end of the year. Just want to visit family including my old mum. But I think its an interesting issue to discuss and clarify. Is that not what the forum is for. If you have lived here 15 years and have legal residency and its your home you should be able to travel in.

Reactions: etolw

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
A recent flight brought Dominicans and some spansh people back. Probably not all citizens. I am hearing it is possible for legal residents but with the 14 day quarantine. Anyway soon does not matter as visitors hopefully will be able to enter when tourism restarts.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I haven't heard that....
My wife would come back if she could

terrified of overstaying her USA welcome/ visit time