Epidemiology director insists on mask-wearing to reduce spread, says many infected with Covid-19 do not show symptoms

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Mascarillas-Pixabay-e1590682197251.png

The director of Epidemiology at the Ministry of Public Health, Dr. Ronald Skewes says 65% of persons that test positive for Covid-19 are asymptomatic. He stresses the importance of wearing facial masks, keeping physical distance and avoiding gatherings.

While testing is usually carried out after a person shows some symptoms, people that undergo routine testing frequently test positive. Such is the case of the director of the National Police, for instance.

Andrew Azman, an infectious-disease epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, told Nature magazine that there is a lower risk of transmission from asymptomatic people, but these present a significant public-health risk because they are more likely to be out in the community than isolated at home.

Read...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Do any of you even realize that you can easily catch COVID through the EYES ? and we don't even know what percentage , there are no such stats

Are you all wearing Eye Protection every day along with your mask, every time you go out ?.

and Yes ,this comes from " Medical Experts" ( for the trolls here who insist on arguing every single point )

you have been lied to ,, please face reality .
Hopefully these Vaccines put an end to this Insanity and division .

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Who did the study and where’s the link to it?
with all Respect .. you don't need a LINK to common sense ..
please just connect the dots ..

if its raining , and you go outside without an Umbrella you WILL get wet.
If its Raining SIDEWAYS , and you have your Umbrella, guess what , you STILL get wet ..

No Link found in Google needed .

• Sad
Reactions: Michael DR

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
How come Doctors and Nurses have been wearing surgical masks for over a hundred years? Don't waste you time arguing with these idiots, they follow one guy who is history in a few weeks.......................
What does Politics have to do with Medical FACTS ? ..

Today ( not 100 years ago) they wear N95 + Face shield, + additional protection

Cheap Masks alone , in Public , is nothing but Feel good

Sort of like wearing a Bullet Proof Vest u purchased on Ebay ,, and then willingly walking into automatic Gun Fire .
what part of this is confusing ?
I am still trying to understand how a mask is protecting someone if The virus can get inside your body through your eyes, and between the fibers of your worthless 20 cent mask ..

Please explain it to us , we want to learn more

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Read this, maybe YOU can learn something instead of spreading your garbage here.

My " garbage " comes from people who RUN HOSPITALS ..
your Rage Googling ( june 2020 article btw) is not impressing anyone .

• Sad

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
My " garbage " comes from people who RUN HOSPITALS ..
your Rage Googling ( june 2020 article btw) is not impressing anyone .
Haha. Do enlighten us with some more crap from your People running hospitals. Give us some links. There are thousands recommending masks................

You still looking to "Fire Fauci", or is this over also.....................

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Read this, maybe YOU can learn something instead of spreading your garbage here.

Anyone confused about mask wearing at this point lives in the state of confusion and has no interest in understanding.
Posts amount to attention seeking behavior.

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
Who did the study and where’s the link to it?

I believe this is the study he's referencing.

Michael DR

Banned
Jun 7, 2020
Earth

I believe this is the study he's referencing.
A poorly run study with inconclusive results.

"Limitation:
Inconclusive results, missing data, variable adherence, patient-reported findings on home tests, no blinding, and no assessment of whether masks could decrease disease transmission from mask wearers to others."

"Garbage in, garbage out"

Reactions: JD Jones

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
A poorly run study with inconclusive results.

"Limitation:
Inconclusive results, missing data, variable adherence, patient-reported findings on home tests, no blinding, and no assessment of whether masks could decrease disease transmission from mask wearers to others."

"Garbage in, garbage out"
Oh my dear Michael, after you put me on ignore yesterday, I was devastated. Imagine my surprise to discover that you are, in fact, reading my posts and responding to them. Thank you Michael, I don't know what I did to get back into your good graces, but I can't tell you how happy I am that we are once again communicating. Have a wonderful day Michael and I look forward to many more productive exchanges with you. Hugs from Canada xoxoxo

Reactions: Big and jd426

Michael DR

Banned
Jun 7, 2020
Earth
Question for Dolores: Why are the anti-maskers and conspiracy theorists allowed to repeatedly pollute the threads with their "opinions"? It detracts from what one might hope and even assume to be the tone and seriousness of this forum. Thanks.
I might also ask why such bullying and badgering is allowed, as below? Is this the message you want DR1 to project? Thanks.

Oh my dear Michael, after you put me on ignore yesterday, I was devastated. Imagine my surprise to discover that you are, in fact, reading my posts and responding to them. Thank you Michael, I don't know what I did to get back into your good graces, but I can't tell you how happy I am that we are once again communicating. Have a wonderful day Michael and I look forward to many more productive exchanges with you. Hugs from Canada xoxoxo