Everything horribly sweet aroma

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Kleenex at LaSarina by KC made in El Salvidor has no noticeable aroma ....I have serious alergies to perfume aroma of all kinds.
So I understand your quest.
The septic systems here amaze me, but thanks to this thread some answers have come forth.
My system was built 12 years ago with the house. I bought it from the Developer. Never had a problem with the septic...never had it pumped...not sure of design and am not going to dig it out to investigate ''let dead dogs lie''.
If I expand beyond the 5 bathrooms I shall then dig things up and install a larger capacity septic system; that takes the tissue.
However experience in these matters causes me to look for the ''single ply'' toilet tissue since they bio degrade in the leach bed type of septic system ...... In Nova Scotia such tissue is recommended for septic systems...but not by law just common sense. I guess!
However I do think the kitchen waste water drains into the septic...that I can correct.
At times I put a natural bacteria into the septic , Brown sugar/dry yeast mix (Look up on DIY on internet)...other than that it is Septo-bac from the hardware store in Canada.
On occasion after adding the bacteria to the septic there is a slight odor from the vent pipe which is 8ft tall and camoflaged by the surrounding trees and vegetation.
My biggest challenge here with perfume is avoiding the crowds dressed to the 'nines' ....mucho odor.

Russell
Thank you Russell. You have been The only person on this thread who stated the obvious about allergies to perfumy aromas. Funny how these here immediately steered my very simple query into their bathrooms. This is Feb 2020 but DR still keeps their subjects in the 16th century. So pails next to toilets and populace sticks to tried and true formula. Doesn’t matter if probably most on this thread actually have decent pipes. I heard the history of the bathrooms here.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I really hope someone can give hope: every single non food latino product that I buy here has a sickening perfume (not good). Tissues, paper towels, toilet paper, something my mechanic stuck in my car which now smells like a fkn bathroom deodorizer. Bought boxes of tissues, Kleenex at Nacional. Thought wrongly they might have been regular like in the US. Of course I should have known better even looking at bottom of box which said KleenexLatin America, or something like that. Went to use it after a sneeze and thought I’d barf from that awful smell. I went to farmacia and thought I would try there.. they showed me tissues stating “sin aroma”. No
No. Can someone give answer other than needing to bring Everything with me from home? Charmin toilet paper only product I have seen with no aroma. How the hell can you use these products with a cold or if you are easily nauseated. Unless dominicans have built in anti aroma gene. My car is unbearable to be in because of the smell, you know like being in a livery car in Us where I always assumed it was to cover smell of weed. So does anyone recommend products with no smell that is available?

maybe you have a overactive sniffer?...try breathing thu your mouth and see what happens, there are people in the USA that are almost allergic to everything...…..

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Most Dominican bathrooms, be them in a
residence or commercial establishment, do
not want you flushing paper products. They
are almost always tossed in a can sitting next
to the toilet. My opinion, explains why so many
are scented as I do not want smell your sh*t anymore
than you want to smell mine.

..was in a hotel in Sosua, in the bathroom was a big sign over the toilet "DO NOT PUT YOUR CONDOMS IN HERE".. took it home and put in my bathroom.....

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
If sensitive to items as such, by all means avoid Scott Esencias Elegance "Essential Oils Silk" type toilet tissue. This is equal to a bottle of perfume.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
..was in a hotel in Sosua, in the bathroom was a big sign over the toilet "DO NOT PUT YOUR CONDOMS IN HERE".. took it home and put in my bathroom.....

Good to know it is not only the Dominicans that steal items from hotels.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
I don't think your problem has anything to do with actual scented products. Didn't you mention that you had the same issue with items clearly marked "sin arome"?
Neither do I think it has anything to do with other people's #2 or the state of pipes and/or septic issues.
Some people are more sensitive to smells and odours than others.
It may just be a more generalized problem.
Even after approximately 15 years in the D.R. I was never able to get over my hang up with the odour in each and every colmado that I walked into. It did not matter where the colmado was. In the East, the West, the North or the South. Not only the colmados but even on occasion the larger grocery stores in SDQ.
It was, for me, a stomach turning event to walk in and after I had my case of "Presidente" firmly in hand I was out in a flash.
Somebody posted here a while ago about a personal hang up...
Not being able to eat other peoples' food.
That's a foible that I can relate to.
My hang ups related to smells and eating are far too numerous to mention.
But I'm stuck with them.
I've made it this far...
So
There is that.

Anyway...
Good luck.
I feel your pain.