EWR to POP - Today July 10/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Flying this today....

Good sign for tourism I guess, they are asking for volunteers to step aside.
Flight must be over booked.

Quite a full flight last Wednesday - POP-EWR (UAL)

Reactions: Luperon

billma90

Aug 15, 2012
Toronto
I just got an email from Westjet, my vacation was cancelled. Seems everything for September was cancelled. Anyone know why? I am still going to book for October.
Seems they will refund my dollars into a credit and not a refund. That is ok, i will use it eventually.
This was for Puerto Plata.

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
the real problem to puerto plata is the price of tickets and the airlines screwing you .. last time i came down i priced a ticket from tampa to pop the price was 760$ but if i did a round trip from tampa to miami it was 167 . then i brought a round trip from miami to pop and that was 313$ do the addition 480 versus 760. thats a 280$ difference for the same exact flights. american airlines is screwing you unless you know how to play the game.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
the real problem to puerto plata is the price of tickets and the airlines screwing you .. last time i came down i priced a ticket from tampa to pop the price was 760$ but if i did a round trip from tampa to miami it was 167 . then i brought a round trip from miami to pop and that was 313$ do the addition 480 versus 760. thats a 280$ difference for the same exact flights. american airlines is screwing you unless you know how to play the game.
Multi-city is how I book those trips

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006

You got lucky, you caught the algorithm off guard. Nobody is getting screwed. The airlines want max dollars for each ticket.

If you could get on that plane in MIA and survey everyone on board as to what they paid for their ticket, you would get hundreds of different answers. Some would have paid more then 313, and some would have paid less. The airlines are under no legal obligation to charge everybody the same price.

billma90

Aug 15, 2012
Toronto
I just got an email from Westjet, my vacation was cancelled. Seems everything for September was cancelled. Anyone know why? I am still going to book for October.
Seems they will refund my dollars into a credit and not a refund. That is ok, i will use it eventually.
This was for Puerto Plata.
i had a pretty good price, $2200 for 2 people for flight and the week at Iberostar. I just do not know why westjet and sunwing cancelled all the flights to the north coast for September. Covid related? or maybe not many booked?

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
The airlines have had the roughest year in their history. They are all playing catch up and trying to sell every seat at the maximum they can. Expect there to be less flights which always fly full and expect to pay more. That's how it's going to be for the next couple of years.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
The airlines have had the roughest year in their history. They are all playing catch up and trying to sell every seat at the maximum they can. Expect there to be less flights which always fly full and expect to pay more. That's how it's going to be for the next couple of years.

Hmmmm, what about supply and demand? Not everyone will pay top dollar.

Bluenoser

Feb 26, 2019
i had a pretty good price, $2200 for 2 people for flight and the week at Iberostar. I just do not know why westjet and sunwing cancelled all the flights to the north coast for September. Covid related? or maybe not many booked?
My guess is lack of bookings.

Status
Not open for further replies.