Excavation on Hill in Sosúa

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
Funny, I thought that some had posted how "every Dominican" wants Sosua to be cleaned up ;)

How there's BIG money and powerful investors/people behind this "renovation" plan....that we have not really seen in full yet...and anyone in the actual know is being tightlipped about.

It was important enough for the Pres to come to Sosua to take the paperwork in hand for the "donated" land and he's been to Sosua before and made other promises...like a hospital and now the aqueduct.

But I'm sure you're all right... Sosua is nothing in the grand scheme of things (NOT!) except of course all the bus loads of people that come on Sundays and even more so on Holidays....who have bought up most of the expensive condos in Los Charamicos ;)

Not important at all LOL

You can't have it both ways‼️ :cool::geek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Love
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Local news? Do you consider that reliable in the face of no other actual, official and legitimate sources?

I don't. It's all rumor and speculation....unless you have access to any links to official posts about this. If so please do post them ;)
I refer to news in Dominican News papers. Ones like Listin Diario, El Dia etc . If those don't work, none do. Those stories they were already posted in the relevant threads along with the official government video produced to show the changes to be made on the beach. Not sure if the video mentioned the walking bridge or not.

If you don't trust anything, that is on you.

Reactions: JD Jones

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I understand that, but I was thinking of the bad press it would generate nationally. The big evil developers bulldozing/tear gassing the poor vendors who are just trying to eke out a living. Sounds like human interest to me.
Nope, that would have almost zero impact on his re-election since the rest of the DR in Santiago and Santo Domingo have more important things to worry about.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Indeed, Like an Ivy league educated wealthy business man oh and president cares about a red light town that caters to foreigners
What the powers that be in Santo Domingo actually care more about is the getting rid of the whoremonger reputation Sosua has given the area and the DR in general.

Redoing the beach is just one small step on that. Did everyone miss all the other attempts to push the whore out of sight and out of mind over recent years?

Anyone who thinks Sosua is more important for DR revenue than say even the new developments being discussed for Pedernales is dreaming in Technicolor. The Revenue from Sosua and Cabarete is a drop in the bucket since Punt Cana came on line years ago now.

• Love

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
What the powers that be in Santo Domingo actually care more about is the getting rid of the whoremonger reputation Sosua has given the area and the DR in general.

Redoing the beach is just one small step on that. Did everyone miss all the other attempts to push the whore out of sight and out of mind over recent years?

Anyone who thinks Sosua is more important for DR revenue than say even the new developments being discussed for Pedernales is dreaming in Technicolor. The Revenue from Sosua and Cabarete is a drop in the bucket since Punt Cana came on line years ago now.

I probably know... no, I DO know more middle and upper middle class Dominicans than just about everyone else on this forum.

I have lived in upper middle class residential areas for decades, and have worked with Govt. career employees from a dozen different "Ministerios."

You can also count the thousands upon thousands of people who have worked with me in my nearly 50 yr. Free Zone career,
so when I say "every Dominican" wants Sosua to be cleaned up," be assured it's based on countless hundreds of conversations I've had with people at all levels about what goes on in Sosua.

The YT videos of prostitution in Sosua by whoremongers are a major embarrassment to almost every Dominican.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I probably know... no, I DO know more middle and upper middle class Dominicans than just about everyone else on this forum.

I have lived in upper middle class residential areas for decades, and have worked with Govt. career employees from a dozen different "Ministerios."

You can also count the thousands upon thousands of people who have worked with me in my nearly 50 yr. Free Zone career,
so when I say "every Dominican" wants Sosua to be cleaned up," be assured it's based on countless hundreds of conversations I've had with people at all levels about what goes on in Sosua.

The YT videos of prostitution in Sosua by whoremongers are a major embarrassment to almost every Dominican.
The You Tube videos (almost 95%) seem to be select group of not-so-desirable sex tourists, who come in groups to hold villa middle-aged twerking parties, pop blue pills and swap sex stories the next day over breakfast in Bailees.

One of those YT posters turned out to be a pedophile wanted and later arrested in Florida.
The same fool actually managed to get a meeting with the former Sosua mayor.
Can't remember his name but it was Mr World or something like that.

If you could control the also not-so-desirable hookers the problem would self correct. In fact if you could control the sidewalks on the block long strip from the small Playero to Rumbas the problem would mostly fade away. And really only about 4 or 5 bars are the biggest offenders
The plan was to move them to the East end of Pedro Clistante - which never happened and why ?.

Reactions: AlaninDR

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-

If this is true...one of you experts up in here needs to tell me why they just don't change the law.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
The You Tube videos (almost 95%) seem to be select group of not-so-desirable sex tourists, who come in groups to hold villa middle-aged twerking parties, pop blue pills and swap sex stories the next day over breakfast in Bailees.

One of those YT posters turned out to be a pedophile wanted and later arrested in Florida.
The same fool actually managed to get a meeting with the former Sosua mayor.
Can't remember his name but it was Mr World or something like that.
If this is true where are the news links the verify your statements?
If you could control the also not-so-desirable hookers the problem would self correct. In fact if you could control the sidewalks on the block long strip from the small Playero to Rumbas the problem would mostly fade away. And really only about 4 or 5 bars are the biggest offenders
The plan was to move them to the East end of Pedro Clistante - which never happened and why ?.
Why go through all of that?
Why don't they just change the law?

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
So has this thread about updates about a construction project been highjacked again by those with an anti Sosua agenda?

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
If this is true...one of you experts up in here needs to tell me why they just don't change the law.
Remember how prevalent prostitution is on this island.

Dominicans love their discrete love affairs and there never will be a law to change that.

Were you here before the internet came to be?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
If this is true where are the news links the verify your statements?
The fool was called Miko Worldwide.
There was plenty of discussion on DR1 before about this low life who was posting YT videos.
He was pretty much asked to leave Sosua after going around and filming girls dropping their tops and some up-skirt videos

He got robbed of his camera and laptop in equipment in La Vega by a Dominican who was with helping him make videos
A Dominican man later did a video with the boy saying that Miko had sex him, but didn't pay him. This was the boy who stole his equipment
Miko returned to the US and was arrested for having sex with underage boys & girls. I think he is likely still in prison.

This is the type of person that Sosua does not need - and if the
beach cleanup and proposed parking lot just does some flushing of this type of tourist without destroying the quaintness and public accessibility of the beach then I would applaud that. The beach should be devoid of the things that go on at night and unfortunately prostitutes have infiltrated the beach looking for tourists

Here's a sample of Miko-the-Fool but you can search the idiot on YouTube to see more:

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I will let you grab the check when we meet up for dinner at La Cassina

• Haha

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
I refer to news in Dominican News papers. Ones like Listin Diario, El Dia etc . If those don't work, none do. Those stories they were already posted in the relevant threads along with the official government video produced to show the changes to be made on the beach. Not sure if the video mentioned the walking bridge or not.

If you don't trust anything, that is on you.
I don't trust vague posts without proper references, or mere semantic arguments.

While there have been videos and some fuzzy generic and questionable pictures, the proposal and details keep changing. Y'all are arguing about the specifics when you don't know what they will be.

What I know for a fact is that the beach is excellent as is and the proposed changes as we've seen and read about them will make it a hot and sterile place.
Go spend the day at Playa Alicia for a taste. It's a horrible, hot beach with little in the way of shade or relief from the sun. They had to, if it still even exists, put a path down over the sand so people might walk from the stairs closer to the beach without burning their feet. The "service" for chairs, umbrellas, food, and drinks is poor, limited, and slow, and the washrooms feel like they are a mile away ;)

Back to Playa Sosua PROPER:

Could noise ordinances be better enforced?

Might know troublemakers of all types be better dealt with or discouraged or removed?

Could and should the "paid public" washrooms be improved?

Sure but people have been playing loud music on beaches for as long as tech has allowed it and women have been on the beaches "playing their wares" for as long as men have been going to beaches LOL There are many bars and restaurants with beautiful, clean, well-kept washrooms, many with showers, all free for their customers.

I'm not saying that things could not be improved. I'm all for targeted, focused, specific gradual improvements but there is little of any real consequence that needs "fixin'" IMO

What I AM saying is that sterilizing the area and making it hotter with acres of concrete is absolutely NOT the answer.

If others disagree that's just fine. My opinion will only change when more actual information and facts are known, and if it is warranted, and not because some need to keep repeating themselves...

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Apr 10, 2022
Here and there

Please show posts that say that as you claim ;)

Did all the (IMO failed) attempts to move or remove prostitution have a substantial effect? Did the (multi?) million dollar purpose-built compound end up being filled with the girls, and guys seeking girls? No, there's a billiards league instead and half a dozen moto drivers LOL

Have the chicas been driven out of the rest of Sosua? Of course not. They've forced the closing or repurposing of most of the targeted bars "on the strip" but the chicas have regrouped, and adapted, and are still visible and obvious, and most certainly available. So what's the net effect? Not much unless your business was affected by the draconian measures.

Some small incremental changes may have occurred but in the grand scheme of things...nowhere near what was proposed, predicted, and discussed ad nauseum.

It'll be the same for the beach and the excavation...much ado about nothing ;)

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
So is this excavation related to the Sosua Beach renovation project?
I asked that once before. I'm not convinced that it is. I think it's a construction project that just happened to start at the same time as all of the other things are going on.

I'm just speculating though.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas