Excavation on Hill in Sosúa

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Coming back from Puerto Plata yesterday and the excavation work was in full swing on the hill on the south side of the main highway in the Sosua Beach area. I had to wait for a minute will a very large truck tried to turn onto the main highway with a load of dirt and rocks. They were really working hard yesterday.

Reactions: Gadfly

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Try to get some pics next time, Windy..

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
On my iPhone I can’t upload photos to dr1 forums, it asks for a http or url, it won’t browse my phone’s photo library. I went to sosua beach couple days ago and wanted to share fotos on dr1. I only use my pc to watch dvds

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Unlikely in my case. I don't stop along that part of the road for good reason. Sorry.
So wait.
You have the time for over 38,000 Posts here and even time to debate and argue with the guy who is off his Meds half the time.

,. but you are too busy to snap a couple of Pictures when your Drive by a Major Construction site , which will change everything in that area.
and perhaps share just a couple of them with this Group ? ??

Seems rather Selfish if you asked me ..

i would never have expected you to say something like that ..

very odd ..

• Haha
Reactions: CristoRey and Big

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
So wait.
You have the time for over 38,000 Posts here and even time to debate and argue with the guy who is off his Meds half the time.

,. but you are too busy to snap a couple of Pictures when your Drive by a Major Construction site , which will change everything in that area.

very odd ..
Did you actually read what he said.?

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
So wait.

very odd ..
38000 is just since the new website rollout. Old Mike been posting since 1987. He was in Cabarete before humans. He has over 4.3MM posts.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I have a hard time imagining what kind of project could justify the cost of excavating the side of that huge hill. i guess they can recoup some of the cost by selling the dirt for fill(?).

Reactions: drstock

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Did you actually read what he said.?
I was being a Smart arse ..

but he said its NOT worth his TIME ..
so the focus of my Punchline was " time spent" , Posting , vs Snapping a Picture ..
Plus he lives there ..
shame on him ..

lol

Reactions: Big

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
kind of looks like it would all slide away in a heavy rain.

Yes , a Heavy rain , and Autopista # 5 would be SHUT DOWN completely .. not to mention the runoff into the Bay, with brown Water completely destroying the water quality .. This is a potential Disaster just waiting to happen . One of our Esteemed former Members who is in the Process of Building his Custom Home, which is on a steep Grade .. not even remotely as steep as this ... Would love to hear his Input on this as he had multiple Big Delays because of it . Completely wreaked havoc on his construction .
This Project is like easily 10 x Magnitude ... and once washed out , it would require a lot a Cement to stabilize .

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So wait.

very odd ..
It isn't a question about being busy. It is simply a question of not stopping on the section of road. There is no safe place to stop.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I was being a Smart arse ..

but he said its NOT worth his TIME ..
so the focus of my Punchline was " time spent" , Posting , vs Snapping a Picture ..
Plus he lives there ..
shame on him ..

lol
Oh well, I hope you can get over it. Or take your own pictures to post if you wish. As I mentioned, I ain't gonna be stoppin' on that section of the road to take pictures.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Yes , a Heavy rain , and Autopista # 5 would be SHUT DOWN completely .. not to mention the runoff into the Bay, with brown Water completely destroying the water quality .. This is a potential Disaster just waiting to happen . One of our Esteemed former Members who is in the Process of Building his Custom Home, which is on a steep Grade .. not even remotely as steep as this ... Would love to hear his Input on this as he had multiple Big Delays because of it . Completely wreaked havoc on his construction .
This Project is like easily 10 x Magnitude ... and once washed out , it would require a lot a Cement to stabilize .
A similar project for a hotel being built across from the monument here in Santiago cost a few people their lives due to a landslide back in 2019.

Reactions: jd426

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I thought of the same thing. They are cutting back pretty far into the hill, so it might not spill into the road itself, but they aren't done yet so it won't be known how much danger there is for a landslide coming down.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I thought of the same thing. They are cutting back pretty far into the hill, so it might not spill into the road itself, but they aren't done yet so it won't be known how much danger there is for a landslide coming down.
The danger is there are now no Roots to hold the dirt.. on this obviously very steep grade .
One does not have to be in Construction to understand this is a ticking time Bomb ..
First Heavy rain , they are in deep trouble .