Excavation on Hill in Sosúa

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
I don't believe in coincidence.

I'll stick with what I've already posted. It's either connected directly as a parking facility, with or without businesses, and/or the allegedly proposed walkway.

The likelihood of it being a coincidental and unrelated construction project would be very slim and there would be many other questions raised...like why no permits pulled through normal channels? Why the secrecy...there's no one's name associated with it per what others have written/claimed?

The point is no one knows... but the odds are vastly in favour of it being connected/related.

DannyMalibu

Jun 13, 2022
Sosua
The fool was called Miko Worldwide.
There was plenty of discussion on DR1 before about this low life who was posting YT videos.
He was pretty much asked to leave Sosua after going around and filming girls dropping their tops and some up-skirt videos

He got robbed of his camera and laptop in equipment in La Vega by a Dominican who was with helping him make videos
A Dominican man later did a video with the boy saying that Miko had sex him, but didn't pay him. This was the boy who stole his equipment
Miko returned to the US and was arrested for having sex with underage boys & girls. I think he is likely still in prison.

This is the type of person that Sosua does not need - and if the beach cleanup and proposed parking lot just does some flushing of this type of tourist without destroying the quaintness and public accessibility of the beach then I would applaud that. The beach should be devoid of the things that go on at night and unfortunately prostitutes have infiltrated the beach looking for tourists

Here's a sample of Miko-the-Fool but you can search the idiot on YouTube to see more:

By the way, clicking the : on the top of the video and reporting it to YouTube for sexual content.. works. Monetization is removed and thus the encouragement to do more videos is squashed.

DannyMalibu

Jun 13, 2022
Sosua
So is this excavation related to the Sosua Beach renovation project?
No, two separate projects. One of the primary investors died of a heart attack a few weeks ago thus work stopped. Give it a few weeks and construction will start again. Most of the excavation has been completed and a different crew will be on-site to build retaining walls and initial concrete work.

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
No, two separate projects. One of the primary investors died of a heart attack a few weeks ago thus work stopped. Give it a few weeks and construction will start again. Most of the excavation has been completed and a different crew will be on-site to build retaining walls and initial concrete work.
So....what's it going to be and who are the owners?

Gracias Danny.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
By the way, clicking the : on the top of the video and reporting it to YouTube for sexual content.. works. Monetization is removed and thus the encouragement to do more videos is squashed.
Danny, do you think the majority of the Sosua videos are done for monetization? I've always seen them as just guys bragging about their conquests.

It's never occurred to me they were doing it for money.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Danny, do you think the majority of the Sosua videos are done for monetization? I've always seen them as just guys bragging about their conquests.

It's never occurred to me they were doing it for money.
He has made approx $2500 off that video, maybe a bit more. He has quite a few views on many videos. A lot of his views are from the US based "hood" videos. He also sells merchandise. He should be pulling in a pretty penny for his channel if he is monetized. I never looked into his channel before, he is doing better than I would have though. Kinda sucks.

Reactions: windeguy

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
He has made approx $2500 off that video, maybe a bit more. He has quite a few views on many videos. A lot of his views are from the US based "hood" videos. He also sells merchandise. He should be pulling in a pretty penny for his channel if he is monetized. I never looked into his channel before, he is doing better than I would have though. Kinda sucks.
I believe he's still in prison?

gregvolt

May 15, 2022
new york
Although I only vacation in the DR and am not an expat living there, There is one thing I do know. If the canopy of trees and the stretch of shops, restaurants and bars disappears from sosua beach, I will not be returning as a tourist. Ive been to quite a few places in the Caribbean and there is no place like that beach. I go there almost every day in the morning and pass my entire day there. My friends who typically accompany me feel the same, that there is no other beach (at least that we've seen) like it. I don't want to go to a beach where there's just sand and water and lounge chairs. I can get that anywhere in the world. Just my 2 cents.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I don't believe in coincidence.

I'll stick with what I've already posted. It's either connected directly as a parking facility, with or without businesses, and/or the allegedly proposed walkway.

The likelihood of it being a coincidental and unrelated construction project would be very slim and there would be many other questions raised...like why no permits pulled through normal channels? Why the secrecy...there's no one's name associated with it per what others have written/claimed?

The point is no one knows... but the odds are vastly in favour of it being connected/related.

So, I was correct in my assumption. It IS a coincidence. Funny how that works.

Sorry for diverting the thread. Back to the subject at hand.

Last edited:

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Although I only vacation in the DR and am not an expat living there, There is one thing I do know. If the canopy of trees and the stretch of shops, restaurants and bars disappears from sosua beach, I will not be returning as a tourist. Ive been to quite a few places in the Caribbean and there is no place like that beach. I go there almost every day in the morning and pass my entire day there. My friends who typically accompany me feel the same, that there is no other beach (at least that we've seen) like it. I don't want to go to a beach where there's just sand and water and lounge chairs. I can get that anywhere in the world. Just my 2 cents.
Removing the shade would be the biggest error. No one likes a hot sunny beach with no place to escape when it gets scorching

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
No, the beach development is just one aspect of the government pro-Sosua agenda.
And what DRGOV pro-Sosua agenda is that ❓

Didn't you write this?
Anyone who thinks Sosua is more important for DR revenue than say even the new developments being discussed for Pedernales is dreaming in Technicolor. The Revenue from Sosua and Cabarete is a drop in the bucket since Punt Cana came on line years ago now.
And this...
Sosua, by the way, has so few people they don't matter in such an election. Santo Domingo and Santiago decide who is POTDR.
So tell me now, after reading the words that you wrote that the beach development is about anything other than a pro-investor, anti-small business straight up gangster power move by the DRGOV that has zero to do with things (you know what I am talking about) you think it does that you have mentioned in your other posts.

The project of this thread is unrelated to the Sousa Beach Renovation.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Actually, no one needs to wonder if they take a look at the time stamp of post #233.
They would have their question answered.
Nice try...

It will be interesting to see what the project actually involves since it is unrelated to the Sosua Beach Renovation project.
I will wait for more reports from people who live on: NORTH COAST!!

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
TBH, they sent out the request for quotes on the 24th of June. Given the details, I'm sure they have a month or two to prepare the quotes to be submitted.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas