Excellent Laptop Deal!!!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hey Marco,

Do you have or know anyone who has any laptops or notebooks on hand for sale. Any good deals

I have the 16 inch HP G60t and a 10 inch Asus netbook.

The G60t has the Intel T4200 CPU, 4 gigs of ram, 250 gig hard drive, dual layer DVD burner with Lightscribe, 5 in 1 card reader, webcam and microphone, with the Chrome surface and full keyboard with number pad.

I installed Office 2007, as well as all the required software, anti virus, anti spyware, etc.

It's the laptop that I'm always raving about, which as you probably know, is VERY fast.

The Asus netbook is identical to the one I use, in White.

Same deal as always, US cost plus 50.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hot get's hotter

I just bought the identical deal 3 weeks ago for 10 bux more.
Here is the scoop.

<table class="article" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="image" rowspan="2" valign="top"> </td><td colspan="2" valign="top"><script>checkIfNew('1254429661', '');</script>New: HP G60t Intel Dual Core 2GHz 16" Widescreen Laptop for $440 + free shipping

</td></tr><tr><td class="copy" valign="top">The HP Home & Home Office Store offers its HP G60t Pentium Dual-Core 2GHz 15.6" Widescreen Notebook, model no. NG161AV#ABA, for $439.99 with free shipping via the directions below. At $110 off, it's $29 under our mention of a similar system last week and the lowest total price we've ever seen for a G60t. Sales tax is added where applicable. Features of this model include an Intel Pentium T4200 2GHz dual-core processor, 15.6" 1366x768 widescreen LCD with BrightView, 4GB RAM, 250GB 5400 rpm Serial ATA hard drive, dual layer DVD burner with LightScribe, 802.11g wireless, 6-cell battery, and Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit. Coupon ends October 4. To get this deal:
  1. Click here and choose the top "Customize & Buy" button for $449.99
  2. select "FREE Upgrade to 250GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive from 160GB... (+$0)"
  3. select "Review & buy" and add to your cart for $449.99
  4. apply coupon code "SV6462" and it falls to $439.99 with free shipping
Of note, to be eligible for a no-cost upgrade to Windows 7 when it's released, you'll need to upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, a $30 option.

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Please read if this unit interests you.

A friend asked me to be on the lookout for the next hot deal and I just emailed him the following. (there is info of interest for anyone else who is considering the purchase)
Below is the link and instructions to get this deal.
This is the exact laptop I bought a few weeks ago, only another 10 bux cheaper.
At $440, it does not include the webcam which must be added in for an extra $25, so the net deal is $465.
That's insanely cheap for such a machine.
There are no mail in rebates to dick around with, it's $465 plus tax, free shipping, end of story.
There is no other option to purchase for a guy like me, but you might consider one more and only that one.
You can buy the Home Premium 64 bit version for $30 more, still leaving you under $500 ($490 US) and you would have 2 advantages. ( I have all these operating systems on hand and I amuse myself installing them, in fact, I already did it on my identical HP that I have here)
The Home Premium version does have certain additional features not found in the Basic version, but that's not the reason for considering the upgrade.
64 bit systems are an actual 15 to 20% faster.
That's a fairly substantial amount and one does feel the difference.
It's already a fast machine with the regular 32 bit version, but faster IS better.
The second advantage is that by trading up, you also become eligible to a free upgrade to Windows 7 at a later date, which you may or may not want to do, but it is worth considering.
In short, buying it straight up with webcam at $465 will be an excellent buy and you'll be thrilled with it, specially if you and I can hook up on Skype and do a bit of tweaking.
If you spring for an extra 30 bux and go with the 64 bit version, you will turn very fast into super fast.
Your choice.
If now is a good time to buy, don't miss this deal.
If it is not, let me know and I'll keep an eye out for the next good deal.
******* is my cellphone number, should you need additional info.
Regards, Marco.

PS: If you are planning on coming down here this winter, I can make a hardware change in that machine to the tune of approx. $250 US (yes, I did it to mine too, lol) and it will be (this is no exageration) the fastest laptop you or any of your friends have ever seen in your lives.
It's new technology and it's mind blowing. Some of the aspects of the computer can increase their speed as much as 30 times faster.
I'm talking REAL FAST !
You would then be into it for less than $750 US and completely blow away today's $2,000 machines, and I do mean COMPLETELY !
PS: For any of you living in the DR, I have an identical new laptop here, that is for sale at cost plus transport. It has it's US receipt and guarantee.
Tax and transport included, it's still under 600 bux.
(I don't do this for money, obviously. It is just to amuse myself. The unit above is super tweaked and includes Office 2007 and every other bit of software I have, anti virus, anti spyware, special recording software, etc)

Last edited:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
These clips were made on the HP G60 as described above with the hardware upgrade.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Du9YsRaTWg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/spg_drmLapo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

'

Darius3456

Oct 10, 2004
Hey Marco or Anyone Else - Keeo Us Posted

Hey Marco, or anyone else, have you heard of any lap top deals out there on the internet? I need to replace my old laptop quickly. Thanks much

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Today's best deal

Hey Marco, or anyone else, have you heard of any lap top deals out there on the internet? I need to replace my old laptop quickly. Thanks much
Lenovo IdeaPad Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz 16" - dealnews.com

Lenovo IdeaPad Y550 Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz 16" LED-backlit Laptop for $520 + $5 s&h $520
Editors' Choice
Lenovo IdeaPad Y550 Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz 16" LED-backlit Laptop for $520 + $5 s&h
Today only, Woot.com offers the Lenovo IdeaPad Y550 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz 15.6" Widescreen Notebook, model no. 4186-55U, for $519.99. With $5 for shipping, that's $55 under last month's mention and the lowest total price we've seen for this configuration. It features an Intel Core 2 Duo T6500 2.1GHz dual-core processor, 15.6" 1366x768 widescreen LED-backlit LCD, 4GB RAM, 320GB hard drive, dual layer DVD burner, 802.11a/n wireless, 1.3-megapixel webcam, 6-cell battery, and Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit.

Can be upgraded to Windows 7

Reactions: Tamborista
Feb 7, 2007
Thru Friday 25/2
in Santo Domingo

NEW!!! DELL 17 R
17.3" HD+ (1600 x 900) WLED Display with TrueLife™
500 GB HDD, 5400 rpm
6 GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM
Core i3 processor 2.2 Ghz (dual core)
Web Cam
WIFI integrated
DVDR burner
Windows 7 OEM

All for just RD$25,500 with ITBIS included!!!

This model sells in the US dell site for US$650, which is RD$24.500, plus you have to pay shipping to DR (about RD$3000) plus 16% ITBIS (RD$4000), total for this same model bought on dell.com US with shipping to DR and customs clearance RD$30.500

Here you can get this deal till Friday at an electronics store in Santo Domingo for just RD$25.500, NEW, ITBIS included for RD$25,500. Cash payments. Credit card surcharge apply. While supplies last. I spoke with them yesterday and they have sufficient stock. PM me for store name, address and phone number of the store! I am not affiliated with the store.

This deal is as good as it gets in the DR!

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Well I bought an HP Mini 110 last week off EBay for $192. 10" screen WinXP and the hard drive is 80GB. It apparently was retired business equipment set up for the Verizon Network. I m going to upgrade to a 250GB later on. But first I m going to increase the hard drive in my other HP Pavillion sometime soon.

The NEW HP Minis on the HP website are like $279 for the 110, $329 for the 210 and $499 for the 311. The new ones come standard with 250GB hard drives in the 110s and 320 in the 210s.

Feb 7, 2007
I can recommend you Hitachi Travelstar HDD, buy 7200 rpm there is very little difference money-wise between 5400 rpm and 7200 rpm, and the difference in speed is considerable. i just refurbished my 2-year old dell studio with Hitachi Travelstar 500 GB, 7200 rpm, and loaded new WIN7 on it, it booted up in about 15 seconds.

I bought the HDD on AMAZON, It's SATA-2 disk, so if your laptop supports SATA-2 you will get incredible speed. If your laptop is SATA only, (like mine) you will still be able to connect the disk but will get slower speed (meaning your harddrive will support faster speed than your motherboard, so you will only get speed supported by your laptop's motherboard).

Take care
George

Feb 7, 2007
That would be around 650 final price in the DR. 16% ITBIS plus 3000 pesos in shipping, rough estimate. They do not attract special tax, but they do attract ITBIS 16% as do any articles that are not exempt from aduana processing (e.g. packages with value of less than 200 USD). 650 USD is RD$24500, just 1000 pesos less than the Dell deal I mentioned, plus you have no DR warranty on US bought laptop, plus time it takes to get here etc. plus the one you mentioned is 15.4" and the deal I mentioned is 17.4", that's quite a sizable difference. Everyone I talked to tells me the Dell deal is extremely good deal for DR!

yanandu

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
You have to be a little careful; a 2 year old model thats been sitting in a warehouse may have a weakened battery that will need replacement sooner.
Batteries seem to have 4-5 year life.
Plus software may not be latest Windows 7 etc. so will fall off support sooner. It's also possible its not brand new out of the box but refurbished stock.
DVD players are also progressing.

Yanandu.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Rubio is right this is a very good deal, and a violation of credit card agreements

Thru Friday 25/2
in Santo Domingo

NEW!!! DELL 17 R
17.3" HD+ (1600 x 900) WLED Display with TrueLife?
500 GB HDD, 5400 rpm
6 GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM
Core i3 processor 2.2 Ghz (dual core)
Web Cam
WIFI integrated
DVDR burner
Windows 7 OEM

All for just RD$25,500 with ITBIS included!!!

This model sells in the US dell site for US$650, which is RD$24.500, plus you have to pay shipping to DR (about RD$3000) plus 16% ITBIS (RD$4000), total for this same model bought on dell.com US with shipping to DR and customs clearance RD$30.500

Here you can get this deal till Friday at an electronics store in Santo Domingo for just RD$25.500, NEW, ITBIS included for RD$25,500. Cash payments. Credit card surcharge apply. While supplies last. I spoke with them yesterday and they have sufficient stock. PM me for store name, address and phone number of the store! I am not affiliated with the store.

This deal is as good as it gets in the DR!

This is a very good deal on a laptop selling in the DR.

Somebody has to tell these people that putting a surcharge on the price for using a credit card is in violation of the vendor's agreement with the credit card companies. Not that it would matter, they would still do it. They are passing on the credit card processing fees to the buyer. The credit card companies should remove the vendor's right to accept credit cards.

Feb 7, 2007
You have to be a little careful; a 2 year old model thats been sitting in a warehouse may have a weakened battery that will need replacement sooner.
Batteries seem to have 4-5 year life.
Plus software may not be latest Windows 7 etc. so will fall off support sooner. It's also possible its not brand new out of the box but refurbished stock.
DVD players are also progressing.

Yanandu.

Dell "17 R" laptops are not 2 years old. my Studio 1735 is 2 years old and they were still selling studio about a year ago.

So 17R can be what...6 months old? Even if it was sitting in a warehouse for 6 months, that's not that bad for a price in DR without hassles and warranty. And what is the thing about "not latest Windows 7"? I thought Windows got free updates through service packs, and you can still buy Vista with SP. I don;t think there is a difference between W7 without SP upgraded to SP1 and W7 SP1 pre-installed. And what support you are talking about? Microsoft does not give "free" support, when you want some help they ask you to clal their pay-per-call hotline...

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I wanted a mini or netbook because it is easier to carry along with my luggage. The Pavilion has a 15.4" screen and I need a briefcase for that. The mini is the same size a a book. I only dislike the small hard drive but I can change that.

yanandu

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Dell "17 R" laptops are not 2 years old. my Studio 1735 is 2 years old and they were still selling studio about a year ago.

So 17R can be what...6 months old? Even if it was sitting in a warehouse for 6 months, that's not that bad for a price in DR without hassles and warranty. And what is the thing about "not latest Windows 7"? I thought Windows got free updates through service packs, and you can still buy Vista with SP. I don;t think there is a difference between W7 without SP upgraded to SP1 and W7 SP1 pre-installed. And what support you are talking about? Microsoft does not give "free" support, when you want some help they ask you to clal their pay-per-call hotline...

You are savvy on the model and if it in original sealed box.
Other people may not be.
Generally MS provides automatic updates for their software - Windows 98 etc etc. for about 5 years till it falls obsolete. I suspect Vista has about 4 years to run.
Hardware that has been qualified on Windows 7 is probably a good deal.

Yanandu

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
That would be around 650 final price in the DR. 16% ITBIS plus 3000 pesos in shipping, rough estimate. They do not attract special tax, but they do attract ITBIS 16% as do any articles that are not exempt from aduana processing (e.g. packages with value of less than 200 USD). 650 USD is RD$24500, just 1000 pesos less than the Dell deal I mentioned, plus you have no DR warranty on US bought laptop, plus time it takes to get here etc. plus the one you mentioned is 15.4" and the deal I mentioned is 17.4", that's quite a sizable difference. Everyone I talked to tells me the Dell deal is extremely good deal for DR!

Post the store info here for all to see.