Excellent Pizza

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Taste is in the mouth of the pizza eater. I've had pizza in Italy, New York....etc and the best pizza I've ever tasted was made by a Lebanese in Baden Germany. Like like thick, thin, spicy...etc but don't like fish of any kind on my pizza. My first wife was Italian from Hamilton, Ontario and her father was a baker. Her home-made pizza was to die for.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Hard to beat homemade...

Pizza4.jpg

2thebeach

May 7, 2010
Another good pizza is from Avalon. They have a really good crust...not thick but the best tasting I've had here.

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
Of all the pizza places in Sosua, Baileys is consistant. They have both large and small, thin or thick crust and they aren't skimpy with the toppings.

holland1974

Aug 13, 2008
I thought Calla Pizza wasnt very good, and they never had any family sized which I dont understand if you are making the dough fresh. The best pizzas are from Bologna or for less money and just as good is Pizzeria Alberto.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
update....

I must say that i have to concur with Holland's review of Callepizza. It looked good but was kind of tasteless and the base was just a bit strange.
Far better was the pizza i had in Oh La Vache a coupla nights ago....good base, good sauce and the only charged me for a margerita despite asking for extra onions :)

Alberto's new place was serving great pizza but seems to have become a fish place :(

hughatthepub

Mar 13, 2007
Pizzas in Sosua

I have to say for consistency it has to be Baileys, not fond of the place otherwise since the service went South a few years ago, but the carry out Pizza (Deep Crust - American) is the best in town as long as the lady chef is in charge. Calla pizza I have tried a couple of times, first time the crust was as dry as a rusk, truly awful, then one night we were sitting at the Lamulata Colmado and their delivery driver dropped one off for free (over ordered or some such!?) which was fantastic! Oh La Vache are OK (ish) but if you order a grande they just seem to roll out a medium until its the thickness of cigarette paper then serve it on an aluminium tray so if you can't eat it in 30 secs it's gone stone cold. Anyway last night I saqw what looked like two huge pizza ovens being delivered to Mura Mai, so maybe yet another Pizza joint in town??

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010
Pizza is like a fine woman, sometimes you like 'em thick ...sometimes thin and crispy!
I enjoy The original Patsy's on 117th as well a nice Sicilian slice from Pizza Park on 67th, depends on my mood.

Man, you just took me back in time to my old neighborhood in East Harlem where I was born and raised...my mouth is watering at this point!!! :)

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
"American Style" pizza is very different from what you'd get in Italy, or most European countries, actually. The NA crusts are thicker, more and sweeter tomato sauce is used, and there's an abundance of toppings.

I imagine all the spots can customize their offerings. Heavy sauce and double toppings will do wonders for most pies, and at minimal additional cost.

Baileys and Rockys both have good pizza, but I don't spend enough time in Sosua to miss pizza. I'm sure it would be different if I was living there, though. Interesting news about Morua Moi, I imagine Alexandra's gonna be rolling out gourmet pizzas any time now....