Expat RT Ticket Jam: Solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
There are good reasons that 5% of foreigners have 95% of the problems here. Carry on!!
I'm glad I'm in the 95%! What planet are some people on? The idea that police would start rounding up American citizens and deporting them to the U.S. because, why, they do not have residency status that is not required?? When was the last time police/immigration stopped any tourist from another country and asked for residency permit?? Never.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I'm glad I'm in the 95%! What planet are some people on? The idea that police would start rounding up American citizens and deporting them to the U.S. because, why, they do not have residency status that is not required?? When was the last time police/immigration stopped any tourist from another country and asked for residency permit?? Never.
You are correct. You can remain an illegal alien as long as you wish in the DR. It will have no ramifications for you or anyone else who does the same.
Well, maybe aside from the need for the occasional flight discussion on how to bypass/work around flight out of the country when airlines try to enforce that requirement of the DR government when you next try to fly into the DR. Enjoy being illegal.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
You are correct. You can remain an illegal alien as long as you wish in the DR. It will have no ramifications for you or anyone else who does the same.
Well, maybe aside from the need for the occasional flight discussion on how to bypass/work around flight out of the country when airlines try to enforce that requirement of the DR government when you next try to fly into the DR. Enjoy being illegal.
You are in the 5% troll category. I am not an illegal alien and you know it. So why say it?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You are in the 5% troll category. I am not an illegal alien and you know it. So why say it?
Being an illegal alien is indeed the situation based upon DR laws and not something in anyone's trolling imagination (including mine).

If you remain in the DR for over 30 days when you enter on a tourist card and take no other action than to remain past that 30 days, then I am 100% certain you are in illegal alien.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
Being an illegal alien is indeed the situation based upon DR laws and not something in anyone's trolling imagination (including mine).

If you remain in the DR for over 30 days when you enter on a tourist card and take no other action than to remain past that 30 days, then I am 100% certain you are in illegal alien.
Classic troll behavior. You are a troublemaker. You are not here to help.

• Angry
Reactions: Kipling333

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The scuttlebutt is not 'rounding up' tourist to deport, it's about identifying chronic overstayers.....
which this gov't sees as a goal..... correcting the Migracion woes..... Haitians & Venezuelans are first.

The new e-ticket tracks everybody.... arrivals//departures/length of stay.....

What they do with that info is anybody's guess..... but nobody thinks they're just building a scrapbook

Reactions: bob saunders

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Why do you think you ran into problems at the airport? The airlines are required to ask if you have a ticket out of the DR if you don't have legal residence or another type of DR visa to remain past 30 days.

Whey do you have to pay an overstay fine when you leave if you stay past 30 days?

Whey do they have a legal residency program and other visas to allow people to stay longer legally than 30 days?

That is why I say with 100% confidence, if you enter on a 30 day tourist card and do nothing else to extend your legal stay, you are an illegal alien after 30 days.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
OP Summary:

As far as I'm concerned, this thread has come to an end. Thank you everyone for your suggestions. To summarize, the solutions are as follows:

a. residency status
b. use of a website for facsimile ticket (sketchy, IMO)
c. legitimate final destination ticket with refund
d. argue with staff and take your chances

Probably the most legitimate and solid solution is "c." Thank you again, all.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
OP Summary:

As far as I'm concerned, this thread has come to an end. Thank you everyone for your suggestions. To summarize, the solutions are as follows:

a. residency status
b. use of a website for facsimile ticket (sketchy, IMO)
c. legitimate final destination ticket with refund
d. argue with staff and take your chances

Probably the most legitimate and solid solution is "c." Thank you again, all.
Legal residency is actually the only legitimate choice if your goal is to stay over 30 days.
But I see you don't really want to be legitimate.
You are looking for ways to work around the law.

You don't decide when threads end, the Mods do. Hopefully they will end this now.
They should never allow discussions on how to break DR laws to start with.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
When the Government condones staying as long as you like and paying when you leave that is the RULE. Not some outdated crap that a lawyer selling the "Residency Merry Go Round" says is "illegal".............

I

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
SKY.... the overstay payment is not condoned..... the current gov't doesn't like it

It's an aberration not a rule or law

Yes, it works....

Reactions: windeguy

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
SKY.... the overstay payment is not condoned..... the current gov't doesn't like it

It's an aberration not a rule or law

Yes, it works....
Where do you come up with this nonsense that the current Govt. does not like it? If they don't all they have to do is cancel it. You and your pal are in Disneyland.........................

As for an aberration, the DR Govt. set up the booths at all the airports to take the money when you leave. Not some criminals......................Give it a rest already...........

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
If I want to leave the country, I pay the overstay fee based on my last passport entry date.
It is not a FEE,it is a FINE for being in the country illegally past the allowable 30 days that is written right on your tourist stamp in your passport . You need to do your homework sir.

Reactions: Seamonkey

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It is not a FEE,it is a FINE for being in the country illegally past the allowable 30 days that is written right on your tourist stamp in your passport . You need to do your homework sir.
Another "law enforcement" representative. Tell me ONE person that EVER had a problem staying over 30 eays. Anyone arrested, in jail, harassed by any Police, or Govt. agency for this. NONE.................

And the board at the airports listing the prices clearly says FEES, not fines..............

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Where do you come up with this nonsense that the current Govt. does not like it? If they don't all they have to do is cancel it. You and your pal are in Disneyland.........................

As for an aberration, the DR Govt. set up the booths at all the airports to take the money when you leave. Not some criminals......................Give it a rest already...........
SKY, The overstay fines are not part of any laws. You need to "give it a rest!"!
Don't YOU love it when people post that little trite saying.

There is nothing in DR laws that makes those fines legal according to the laws. They are just ways to work around the existing laws.
There is no doubt about that. You are correct the government has no interest in changing this.

SKY, YOU are wrong if you think people that overstay are not breaking a law because they can pay a fine when they leave.

I realize this situation is not likely to ever change or it would have by now. So anyone from a tourist card can stay illegally forever and ever in the fairy land known as the DR and there will not be any issues. Now, boarding a plane with no on going ticket, that can be an issue from time to time as the OP indicates.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Another "law enforcement" representative. Tell me ONE person that EVER had a problem staying over 30 eays. Anyone arrested, in jail, harassed by any Police, or Govt. agency for this. NONE.................

And the board at the airports listing the prices clearly says FEES, not fines..............
Just like the fee you pay when you over park, eh?

You are correct nobody cares (unless you are trying to get a motorcycle license and register that motorcycle at INTRANT.)
An illegal alien, like the OP, cannot do that.

Reactions: bob saunders

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Just like the fee you pay when you over park.
Now I agree with you. You park in Jumbo for example for 2 hours free. Then the FEES kick in. Not the police...........The DR Govt set this up a long time ago and it clearly supersedes ANY and ALL laws pertaining to Immigration...............Here is like the parking you brought up. The first 30 days are free and then you pay the FEE for any additional time. Simple..................

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Now I agree with you. You park in Jumbo for example for 2 hours free. Then the FEES kick in. Not the police...........The DR Govt set this up a long time ago and it clearly supersedes ANY and ALL laws pertaining to Immigration...............Here is like the parking you brought up. The first 30 days are free and then you pay the FEE for any additional time. Simple..................
You cherry picked, and missed my point. The DR government set this up a long time ago to WORK AROUND THE ACTUAL LAWS.

Let us say there is public parking , not private like JUMBO.

You put money in a meter to pay the FEE for two hours. Just like FEE is charged on your airplane ticket for staying in the DR for 30 days on a tourist card legally.
Then you stay in the public parking space longer than 2 hours and you get charged a FINE for over parking just like you get charged a FINE for overstaying your legal stay on a tourist card. Paying that FEE or FINE or whatever you want to call that monetary sum did not make your over parking or your overstay in the DR legal.
I did not expect you to comprehend this and still don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.