Experience of an AI resort

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I can tell you that at the Hard Rock weekends are like New Year' Eve.. Boombox heaven. And no money is made by the hotel, as they can drink more alcohol than you can pour...............

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
When I go to an AI, I go to get away from the local neighborhood shenanigans, loud music 12 hours a day, screeching chicas, mongering neighbors and the daily grind of making my own bed and cooking my own meals. Encountering hordes of locals all doing what they normally do would probably negate the recuperative reasons for me going in the first place. Note to self, stay away on the weekends.

Reactions: campesinadeatl

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Little of the above sounds enticing to me even at 10 or 20% of normal price, but then I am not an AI type of tourist. Never was.

Abindader made it clear early on that a major initiative of his government was to get AI tourism back as soon as possible.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Reading many of the contributions within, there seems to be a niche in the AI market for bored, tired souls, who already have one foot in the hole.....as long as it meets their price point.
Bingo and jello. Bingo and jello.

Jan 9, 2004
Reading many of the contributions within, there seems to be a niche in the AI market for bored, tired souls, who already have one foot in the hole.....as long as it meets their price point.
Bingo and jello. Bingo and jello.
Sometimes being bored and resting those tired souls at an AI is the perfect anti-dote after a hectic week/month/year.

Looking forward to it..............as it affords time to catch up on some good reading............that cannot seem to be accomplished at the house.

The Rise and Fall of Nations is on the agenda for June...............along with a plethora of weekly periodicals that have piled up.

The only question is do I accommodate the children at a place with a water park or bore them at Tortuga Bay.

Decisions decisions..................time for this tired bored sole to take a siesta and think about it.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Just got back from a 3 day break at Be-Live in the PC area. It was about 15% occupancy with mostly Polish people. Overall it was very good. Food was about a 7 out of 10, bar service about a 8, bar selection about a 6, room quality and comfort about a 8, the grounds a 7.

It's an older hotel and could use some TCL but as I said it was very good. The only reason we booked it was some of our neighbors from the US showed up and wanted to interrogate us as we live here and I am sick of them so we left. Met some great Polish people and it was a great change from our day to day covid lives.